Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this anyone here's 6 conversion? FS on CL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Saw this and price looks good just putting it out for everyone.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4372432325.html
914itis
popcorn[1].gif
Cap'n Krusty
So, it's NOT a turbo like the badge says? Whodathunkit? You put 2.2 pistons in a 2.4, ya gotta change the rods, too, and the crank, IIRC, and that makes it a 2.2. Cheap, though ..............

The Cap'n
speed metal army
Where have I seen that VanHalen paint scheme before? Good price.. idea.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 17 2014, 09:13 PM) *

So, it's NOT a turbo like the badge says? Whodathunkit? You put 2.2 pistons in a 2.4, ya gotta change the rods, too, and the crank, IIRC, and that makes it a 2.2. Cheap, though ..............

The Cap'n

Capn, your memory is going...........2.2 pistons in a 2.4.. Oldest trick in the book to get more compression...the corners of the skirts need a little material removed ,
works Great beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Mar 18 2014, 01:47 AM) *

I thought the same thing. Have seen that somewhere. If the engine work is documented the engine is worth the price!
carr914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 18 2014, 06:16 AM) *

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Mar 18 2014, 01:47 AM) *

I thought the same thing. Have seen that somewhere. If the engine work is documented the engine is worth the price!

agree.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 17 2014, 11:39 PM) *

The Cap'n

Capn, your memory is going...........2.2 pistons in a 2.4.. Oldest trick in the book to get more compression...the corners of the skirts need a little material removed ,
works Great beerchug.gif

OK, my mistake. Never built one like that. My thinking took pin height into consideration, not much else.

The Cap'n
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 18 2014, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 17 2014, 11:39 PM) *

The Cap'n

works Great beerchug.gif

OK, my mistake. Never built one like that. My thinking took pin height into consideration, not much else.

The Cap'n

That's the great thing, the pin height is the same, the piston dome is bigger for the shorter stroke = more comp. long stroke
Justinp71
Good deal, the motors worth $6500...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.