Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet set sold -what a deal!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I gotta hand it to you three, you really had a great plan there:

"....Paul (914itis) was buying it, he doesn't use checks, you don't take paypal. I traded him a tow bar for it. I sent you a check, he was going to paypal me the money back. I dropped the towbar of to ScottyB in Virginia this weekend so he could deliver it to Paul at Hershey...."

But one little problem..........you didn't tell me, the seller. lol-2.gif So today I get two checks for one carpet set and one of the checks is from someone I never heard of. av-943.gif

This is so cool. By far the best deal I ever made here. Anyone else want to send me a check??? confused24.gif

PanelBilly gets the carpet and I get $240. bye1.gif

scotty b
Exactly what was my part in this again ?? confused24.gif And how is this garage material ?

Donald dropped a tow bar off to me ( unbeknownst to me ) to deliver to Paul confused24.gif I had planned to drive the 944 to Hershey, but this kind of changed things for me.

Thank for lumping me into something I had no knowledge of Paul. You certainly seem to know exactly what is going on in the world rolleyes.gif
914itis
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 08:33 AM) *

Exactly what was my part in this again ?? confused24.gif And how is this garage material ?

Donald dropped a tow bar off to me ( unbeknownst to me ) to deliver to Paul confused24.gif I had planned to drive the 944 to Hershey, but this kind of changed things for me.

Thank for lumping me into something I had no knowledge of Paul. You certainly seem to know exactly what is going on in the world rolleyes.gif

Me? Not me. Donald told me that he would drop the tow bar to you, Not at my suggestion. That was even before this carpet set came into the deal. I pm'd Paul (URY) to inform him of that Donald would send him the check the very next day, I didn't hear from him until yesterday.

Scotty if that's going to change things for you leave it at don't worry about it. I can make other arrangements.
r_towle

I had planned to drive the 944 to Hershey, but this kind of changed things for me.

Thule
PanelBilly
I'm happy, but then again it does take too much to please me.
scotty b
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 25 2014, 04:53 AM) *

Me? Not me. Donald told me that he would drop the tow bar to you, Not at my suggestion. That was even before this carpet set came into the deal. I pm'd Paul (URY) to inform him of that Donald would send him the check the very next day, I didn't hear from him until yesterday.

Scotty if that's going to change things for you leave it at don't worry about it. I can make other arrangements.

No biggie Paul. I don't mind helping out. I just don't appreciate the attempt at making me look like a fool by someone who doesn't even know what the hell happened.

I'm going to ship the tow bar to Rich and let him bring it down in the 356 mellow.gif
914itis
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 01:12 PM) *

No biggie Paul. I don't mind helping out. I just don't appreciate the attempt at making me look like a fool by someone who doesn't even know what the hell happened.

I'm going to ship the tow bar to Rich and let him bring it down in the 356 mellow.gif

Let me know the shipping cost to Rich and I will paypal you.

Thanks .
scotty b
QUOTE(914itis @ Mar 25 2014, 09:27 AM) *

Let me know the shipping cost to Rich and I will paypal you.

Thanks .

'Twas a joke towards Rich rolleyes.gif I'll bring it up for you beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
I like this... back to the good ole days of 914 guys helping 914 guys. first.gif

Sorta blink.gif huh.gif sheeplove.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 25 2014, 04:30 PM) *

I like this... back to the good ole days of 914 guys helping 914 guys. first.gif

stirthepot.gif

At least you held off with the "huffing mudslinger" comment. shades.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(bulitt @ Mar 25 2014, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 25 2014, 04:30 PM) *

stirthepot.gif

At least you held off with the "huffing mudslinger" comment. shades.gif

'Snot his time o' the month yet dry.gif
carr914
Where's Dave?
URY914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 05:33 AM) *

You're welcome and stop the crying. rolleyes.gif If I hadn't have posted this you would have never have known about it. I did you a favor.

Hot_shoe, do you want the check back or you just want me to tear it up?
scotty b
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 25 2014, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 05:33 AM) *

You're welcome and stop the crying. rolleyes.gif If I hadn't have posted this you would have never have known about it. I did you a favor.

Hot_shoe, do you want the check back or you just want me to tear it up?

WOW. Thanks ! I will stop crying now. I've been so distraught all day worried that lord light weight thought I was a dumbass. rolleyes.gif Exactly what favor were you doing me again ? My new knowledge of your transaction with other people has absolutely no affect on my life. Magically you now know who the check was from, so once again, what was the point of this whole thread ? confused24.gif
r_towle

Perfect, I will bolt it on and drive down fully erect.
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 25 2014, 05:21 PM) *

huh.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif unsure.gif I assume ( hope ) you mean the tow bar will be sticking up in front of the 356 ? unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
PanelBilly
Maybe I should post the carpet for sale, I need a set, but the thought of complicating this deal even more makes it tempting.....
balljoint
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 25 2014, 08:46 PM) *

Where's Dave?

confused24.gif

Dave's not here?

agree.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 09:24 PM) *

huh.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif unsure.gif I assume ( hope ) you mean the tow bar will be sticking up in front of the 356 ? unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

He's an old man. You have it right.
bulitt
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 25 2014, 09:27 PM) *

Maybe I should post the carpet for sale, I need a set, but the thought of complicating this deal even more makes it tempting.....

Would you swap for a tow bar???
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2014, 09:24 PM) *

That too.
r_towle
Lord light weight.....
aktion035.gif lol-2.gif first.gif
URY914

[/quote]

, so once again, what was the point of this whole thread ? confused24.gif
[/quote]

To get you all worked up and it seems to have worked. lol-2.gif
orthobiz
Tinker to Evers to Chance
PanelBilly
I'd like to get some more details about this tow bar. Has it been painted yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.