Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rear Sway Bar Link p/n 91433305700GRV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mdelwiche
disaster today while installing new bushing for my sway bar...hopefully someone has one floating around...

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Those drop links are NOT 914 rear links.
914werke
agree.gif
I have them HERE
mdelwiche
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 30 2014, 02:38 PM) *

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent
bdstone914
QUOTE(mdelwiche @ Mar 30 2014, 02:52 PM) *

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent

The aluminum ones pictured are modified BMW links. They are a different lenght. I have some. You need to keep both links the same length or you will pre load the sway bar
mdelwiche
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 30 2014, 04:07 PM) *

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent

The aluminum ones pictured are modified BMW links. They are a different lenght. I have some. You need to keep both links the same length or you will pre load the sway bar

Makes sense now. These were the ones that came off my car and it came with the factory sway bar. But after looking online I can see the real"stock" ones were a little different, so your right I will need a pair. I sent a message to rdauenhauer for some of his, but if I don't hear back I'll hit you up. Thanks everyone for the HELP!
mdelwiche

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent

Makes sense now. These were the ones that came off my car and it came with the factory sway bar. But after looking online I can see the real"stock" ones were a little different, so your right I will need a pair. I sent a message to rdauenhauer for some of his, but if I don't hear back I'll hit you up. Thanks everyone for the HELP!
bdstone914
QUOTE(mdelwiche @ Mar 30 2014, 04:39 PM) *

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent

How did it break?
The BMW links have Larger hole and have to be sleeved to take the 914 bushing. As I recall the ID is 30mm of the 914 link.

mdelwiche
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 30 2014, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(mdelwiche @ Mar 30 2014, 04:39 PM) *

agree.gif
I have them HERE

Awesome...PM Sent

How did it break?
The BMW links have Larger hole and have to be sleeved to take the 914 bushing. As I recall the ID is 30mm of the 914 link.

I was pressing the new bushing in and it cracked. As in the picture the bushings for the other side went in without incident. I guess now I am glad it broke to make me aware I had the wrong ones. Also with one breaking, I am a little suspect of the strength of the other.
bdstone914
It looks like the bushings are not centered it the drop link. I think the hole is oversize for the bushing. Even with the steel links they are hard to press in. I put them in hot water, grease the inside if the drip link, apply some pressure in a vice and work the bushing in with a dull screw driver.
Use her to get the bushings out if you go to steel links.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.