Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dyno Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsrfr
Took Kermee to Abacus Racing to check AFR's with megaphones on exhaust to add lightness as the muffler must weigh 35 pounds. Got the jets moved to 160's main and 160's air to help avoid going a bit lean at the top end. Had a blast driving it home through the tunnel from Norfolk to Hampton....kid in a newer Camaro had a huge SEG on his face after I got into it in 4th....

Dyno showed that I broke 200RWHP with nice flat torque curve.....Josh sure did a fine job on that 2.7 RS spec build. Heading to Summit Point next then back to VIR in May. Here's the graph.... piratenanner.gif

BTW...the difference between the first run and the second is due to removing the K&N filters gained 13 HP......gotta find a way to fit a paper element in there & re-test it.....
JmuRiz
Very nice! Who did the build again?
2mAn
that torque curve pray.gif
brant
Are those 46's?
Somebody has done jetting work.
brant
Any runs with the other exhaust? Exhaust has a big effect on the dyno and afr
R8CERX
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Apr 3 2014, 06:58 PM) *

Took Kermee to Abacus Racing to check AFR's with megaphones on exhaust to add lightness as the muffler must weigh 35 pounds. Got the jets moved to 160's main and 160's air to help avoid going a bit lean at the top end. Had a blast driving it home through the tunnel from Norfolk to Hampton....kid in a newer Camaro had a huge SEG on his face after I got into it in 4th....

Dyno showed that I broke 200RWHP with nice flat torque curve.....Josh sure did a fine job on that 2.7 RS spec build. Heading to Summit Point next then back to VIR in May. Here's the graph.... piratenanner.gif

BTW...the difference between the first run and the second is due to removing the K&N filters gained 13 HP......gotta find a way to fit a paper element in there & re-test it.....

I have zero restriction out of my K&Ns---it turned out that my ventures were being shocked by the the filter height.

I was/am lucky to know the K&N filter company owner, and he set me up with a pair of special made filters for my six--and basically now my car gained the 25 horses it was losing when the filters were on--

you may want to check the increase in height as long as you can keep it under the hood rail.... confused24.gif
brant
25?

ITG's
wndsrfr

I was/am lucky to know the K&N filter company owner, and he set me up with a pair of special made filters for my six--and basically now my car gained the 25 horses it was losing when the filters were on--

you may want to check the increase in height as long as you can keep it under the hood

Hmmmmmm......I did note that there's very little clearance between the lid and the tip of the velocity attacks....so the filter isn't the issue, it's the height that's the problem?
R8CERX
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Apr 4 2014, 05:28 AM) *

you may want to check the increase in height as long as you can keep it under the hood

Hmmmmmm......I did note that there's very little clearance between the lid and the tip of the velocity attacks....so the filter isn't the issue, it's the height that's the problem?

We increased the gap on top of the velocity stacks- so the lids or filter top were not closing on them

When dyno the car I got the full horse power as if I had no filters on! cheer.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 3 2014, 10:48 PM) *

ITG's

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.