Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Leak at Injector?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

Started up the '74 2.0 for her Spring jaunt. Noticed significant amount of fuel leaking in area of injector (left side, closest to front I think).

I figured it was the injector seals so replaced all four of those along with new elbows, clamps, and some other hoses. Started her up and sure enough, leaking from teh same spot. headbang.gif

Is this indicative of bad injector, incorrect install (seems hard to do it wrong), or something else.

Thanks,

Mike
Michael N
If you have put in a new seal and that didn't work, you may also want to check the body of the injector. I had a similar issue in the past where the injector developed a small pin hole and was causing the leak.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I had a leak in the same area and it was the only piece of fuel hose that I hadn't replaced previously. The crack was small enough that it would only leak when the car was running and fuel was pressurized.
pt_700
you kind of need to find exactly where the fuel's coming from.

way back when california started adding ethanol to our fuel, i had to replace all 4 injectors, one at a time, 2 twice!

the do develop leaks on the body. far as i know, replacement's the best option.
brant
Pull the injector to check. Where it is leaking. I believe you have to replace if it's the body
Amphicar770
Thanks all. Yes, it turned out to be a bad injector. Fortunately I had an NOS set that I bought a while back. I replaced the two on the side with the leak. Will get to the other side eventually.

My area of the country is also cursed with E-10 fuel (thanks farm lobby) so I am sure that does not help the longevity of these older components.

Thanks.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.