Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trying to bolt down the air distributor and air filter support
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
I am trying to find out where I bolt down these two pieces to the case but I can't find anything about where the air distributor and air filter support bolts to the case. It looks like the back of the air filter support bolts into the case half bolt in the back of the engine but where does the two front support legs screw or bolt on to?
The air distributor looks to have one place it bolts on to the engine but where?

I have the haynes manual, factory manual, pet diagrams, and the search button but can't find anything that describes how these are bolted to the engine.

Thanks,
Buck
Dave_Darling
Not sure about the 1.7, but the 2.0 manifold has a couple of legs that are held by engine tin screws...

And the air filter housing on the 2.0 is held on a bracket that is bolted to the intake runner tubes on the left side.

--DD
type47
Look at PET figure 116-05. You will see a three legged stand for the 1.7L air cleaner as part #1. Two legs connect to engine tin screws and 1 connects to case bolt. When you locate the stand and intake air distributor on the engine, mounting points should be pretty clear...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.