Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dave Darling - time to get your 914 going!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Bleyseng
hahah
He likes everyone talking about his car! He'll never fix it now.
Geoff
Dave_Darling
Heh, the guys at the breakfast weren't kidding about this thread...

First point--no carbs.

Second point--I already have an unassembled MS kit. Have had it for a while now.

Third point--I have swapped out all of the above-mentioned parts. Most with brand-new parts, yes including the MPS. New, not rebuilt. One from HPH and one from Pelican. ($$$ for those!!) I had them tested by Brad Anders, and one was actually bad. (This is several years after the part was bought, and I don't know which one it is or if it was bad from the outset or what.)

The biggest problem is, and has been for a while, a lack of motivation on my part.

And I was kinda hoping someone would take a half-decent pic of me at the breakfast. I like my buddy Roland, but he really takes crappy pics of me...

--DD
Bleyseng
I am not coming down to SanFran until later on to take another pic of you! laugh.gif

Why don't you fix the car good, drop in a six!

Geoff
Dave_Darling
Then I'd be just like everyone else--"I'm partway through a six conversion." (Repeat for 15 years, or until the car is sold.) biggrin.gif

--DD
Bleyseng
That atleast sounds good! My six conversion is taking shape! ( meaning I haven't touched it in years)
Geoff
pbanders
Hey, I finally registered, found this thread, my first post.

You guys are doing this all wrong. DD's never going to get that car running by himself, he needs the overwhelming force of the Bay Area 914 Community to deal with it. I call it the...

DD'S 914 D-JET JIHAAD!! IT'S A HOLY WAR!!

Take the challenge! Beat my record of bringing Travis Neff-Hohne's long dead 2.0L back to life in less than 1 hour using nothing more than pure magic and witchcraft!

Lay in wait for him to come home from that think-tank he's working at. When he's absent-mindedly fumbling at his keys, while mumbling about some obscure software technology (like that Linux junk, yuk), knock him on his butt and and sieze control! Tie him to a chair, make CERTAIN TO TAPE HIS MOUTH SHUT (you don't want to be poisoned by hearing the litany of things he's replaced or checked), and as others have said, force him to witness the exorcism of the D-Jet devils and infidels from his accursed vehicle.

Afterwards, without untying him, strap him in the passenger seat of the now-running vehicle, and subject him to 10 AUTO-X RUNS THROUGH THE LOCAL PARKING LOT WITH BRAD ROBERTS DRIVING THE BEAST!! Such an experience will likely cause severe mental stress to DD, resulting in his IMMEDIATE SALE OF ALL NON-PORSCHE VEHICLES HE OWNS!

Well, what are you waiting for?

Brad Anders
Brad Roberts
We where awaiting direction from the DJet king himself (Osama Brad Anders)

Allah has spoken my children...

Jihaad has been declared.

B
airsix
QUOTE(pbanders @ Jun 11 2003, 02:25 PM)
Hey, I finally registered, found this thread, my first post.
(snip)
Brad Anders

It's about freakin time you got here. Welcome! wavey.gif
-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.