Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Final tasks - part two
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Natedog
Howdy -

This the other half of my "short list" before she starts.....

Fuel line plumbing question:
I've redone the tank, fuel pump, and lines all the way to the engine bay using metal brake line in the center tunnel. I'm running duel Weber 44 IDF's (a bit big, but that's what i got). I'm planning on plumbing each with an in-line fuel filter and flexible rubber fuel line. That fuel line will come ot a T junction and connect to the metal line in the center tunnel. Now the question:
Do I have to use metal line to plumb between the line coming out of the center tunnel and the rubber line from the carbs? Or can I just use rubber line the whole way? It would be LOTS easier!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP OUT THERE!!!!
CHEERS!!
Nate

That's not really the end of my list of things to do before she starts! But I'm hoping for 2 weeks!! Need to finish brakes and electric.
IPB Image
SpecialK
The area where the fuel line exits the tunnel is fairly protected from "road hazards", so as long as you're using grommets where the fuel lines enter the engine compartment I see no problems at all.

I'll pretty much have the the same set-up you're doing (metal line, Tee, IDF 44's, dual filters), but I planned on using metal lines off of the "T" and making my transition to rubber fuel lines after the lines have entered the engine compartment (grommets included obviously).
rhodyguy
you need to have a fuel filter in front of the pump, where is your pump located? you don't need 2 fillters in the engine compartment. a stock f.i. filter will work fine.

ekvin
Natedog
I put the fuel pump up front sorta under and in front of the gas tank. It's covered from the road by the gravel plate that mounts underneath.

I'll make sure there is a filter in FRONT of the pump - that's a wise idea! Thanks!

I guess I don't really need filters in the engine compartment before the carbs. It just seemed to make sense.

I'll look into running some more metal line like Special K suggested.

Cheers
Nate
rhodyguy
my car is carbed also. i just used 8mm high preasure line for all the replacement. it works fine from the firewall up through the stock line hole in the engine tin to a metal tee and then to both carbs. my pump and filter are located on the firewall. i didn't want to have to pull the gravel guard to change the filter.

kevin
Aaron Cox
shutoff valve?
Natedog
Great! Thanks for the picture. I put the pump up front because I heard that the pumps work better at pushing the fuel rather than pulling it. I was also told it would be better for the pump to be away from the heat of the engine bay.

Cheers,
Nate
rhodyguy
actually i didn't use the shut off valve. it made the setup bulky and i lowered the pump a bit than shown in the picture. my understanding was the rotary, like mine, is a better "pusher". the pump is lower than the tank outlet so it's just a little push up hill.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.