Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inaugural "after Hershey Swap"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Its time for the Inaugural, first ever, once in a lifetime swap meet for those too lazy, too far, too cheap, or just too lonely all air-cooled Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival, the "After Hershey Swap"

The date, should anyone really care will be
Saturday
APRIL 26TH, 2014

The address is:

542 Groton Street, Dunstable

The driveway will be open by 8 AM for all the early risers with a ton of shit to spread on the various outdoor locations set aside to allow you to display your old junk, collectible air-cooled parts for sale.

For this year, swap spaces and entry are FREE. Also included with the freebies will be all the insults you've ever dreamed of and coffee / donuts to satisfy many of the wankers that attend. If you show up and there is none left, you should have gotten here earlier.

There will be a grill for cooking whatever you would like to bring, and the beverage of your choice that you also brought will be available for your consumption.

Feel free to bring whatever you like, I have a nice sandy area for those northshore beach bum that might want to dig a hole and burn some harmless shelled creatures.

There have also been rumors that Larry may bring his own beer label, and someone might bring lobsters...but don't count on it.

If I am in the mood, I may buy some water...but you may want to bring your own, or drink from the tap....

No, the President and Family will not be attending this year as they are to busy pissing off the Far East and Anglo Saxon Europe. Governor Romney, the author of Romney care, will also not attend as he is busy refilling his coffers for another attempt at public humiliation.

We had thought about charging fees in accordance with the 356, Early 911 and POC terms, but felt that the type of people those fees attract are not the type of people we want at our event. Their colognes foul the air and we wouldn't want them to get their Pilotis' dirty. Anyone wearing a driving suit at half mast will be bent over and severly molested.

We like the CSOB crowd that enjoys the smell of burt oil after a short drive in an uncomfortable air cooled relic.

Feel free to drive what you would like, but we will be handing out ONE award for the weakest, lamest excuse for not driving a classic aircooled car to the event....so be prepared for group ridicule, insults , and general lambasting of all who drive anything inappropriate.

We will form a small and old dedicated group of people to determine what is inappropriate to drive, and it will be their sole decision on who get the award for the poorest choice of vehicles.

While there are no rules to speak of, as a public service we must warn of some pitfalls:

1.) We have a single Unisex bathroom. For the long wait to use the facilities, Depends are not provided. Many trees are also available for you to visit.
5.) Nails, screws and other foreign objects you find in your tires are free.
6.) Please separate the beverage containers / plastic utensils from uneaten food. Trash cans will be provided for the plates and semi-used food. Additional containers should be available for the plastics & cans.
7.) Unsold junk rare parts may be thrown in the barn if you do not wish to haul it home. If they are here at the end of the day, they will belong to me.
We are not a free storage yard smile.gif

for directions:
1.) Go to Hell .... that's where you will find us
2.)Its 2014, use Google
3) Its 2014, get a GPS
4) you can try to PM me on the board, but don't expect me to actually answer it

I would like to thank SLITS for allowing (like he had a choice) me to plagiarize his lovely warm announcement of his annual event.

Peace,

Rich
r_towle
This
wndsnd
Not bringing lobsta.

Can't guarantee not bringing a case of crabs.

Been traveling biggrin.gif
flippa
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 23 2014, 05:20 PM) *

Not bringing lobsta.

blink.gif

So I guess there were some shenanigans going on at the No Tell Motel at Hershey. Maybe I'll plan on missing next year as well.

I will be there late morning/early afternoon with a bunch of good beer. beer.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(flippa @ Apr 23 2014, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 23 2014, 05:20 PM) *

Not bringing lobsta.

blink.gif

So I guess there were some shenanigans going on at the No Tell Motel at Hershey. Maybe I'll plan on missing next year as well.

I will be there late morning/early afternoon with a bunch of good beer. beer.gif

Larry beer.... piratenanner.gif
914itis
I may make it , tryng to get Joe AKA Porschef to come up with me.
balljoint
Mike,

That's only 907 km from my place.

Of course I am busy this weekend.

Honk when you go by.

Say howdy to the Hegnas for me.

smile.gif
balljoint
The neighbours have a pool. And Larry has a Speedo.

Rich, you must have been a bad bad man in a previous life.
wndsnd
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 23 2014, 10:45 PM) *

I may make it , tryng to get Joe AKA Porschef to come up with me.

Do it!

scott_in_nh
Larry is bringing me a seat - will it fit in the front trunk?
914itis
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Apr 24 2014, 01:24 PM) *

Nope
r_towle

probably not.

I have used strap on thule roof racks on the rear trunk...the kind that hook over the lip of the trunk....those held my extra tires way back in the day...but I have no idea where those are.

You can probably get a low cost set of generic racks from Walmart or some other place and I recall I bent the tabs to hook around the lip of the trunk.

Made the car hold more stuff...

rich
ChrisFoley
I'm looking for a pair of used outer rocker panels in good condition.
F/G or steel.
ClayPerrine
27 hours, 1835 miles. One way.

Don't think I can make it this year.

And next year either, unless you get the kind of turnout they have a Hershey.

r_towle
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 24 2014, 06:18 PM) *

They make these really neat things now in 2014.
It's called an airplane.

You may need to leave the homestead, lock up the cattle and go to the big city to find me of these modern marvels, but it can actually take you long distances in hours,.
Much faster than your horse.
Elliot Cannon
This is an absolute blatant rip-off of the G&R. I gave SLITS the number of my lawyer, Vinnie (mad dog) Rossetti from Bayonne New Jersey and you will be hearing from him shortly. poke.gif flag.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 24 2014, 09:07 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 24 2014, 06:18 PM) *

They make these really neat things now in 2014.
It's called an airplane.

You may need to leave the homestead, lock up the cattle and go to the big city to find me of these modern marvels, but it can actually take you long distances in hours,.
Much faster than your horse.

I know what an airplane is you Damn Yankee....

I just don't like to fly commercially. They make me leave my guns at home. happy11.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 24 2014, 01:29 PM) *

Nope

even with the spare tire out?
914itis
I will try that later And post the results
r_towle
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 25 2014, 01:27 AM) *

This is an absolute blatant rip-off of the G&R. I gave SLITS the number of my lawyer, Vinnie (mad dog) Rossetti from Bayonne New Jersey and you will be hearing from him shortly. poke.gif flag.gif

I put in a thank you at the bottom, our lawyers agreed on the stealingre-wording of his awesome post......
wndsnd

OK, I will be the first ......

Click to view attachment

scuba.gif

?
ChrisFoley
Do you have a wood stove in the barn, Rich?
rmital
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 25 2014, 11:09 AM) *

OK, I will be the first ......

Click to view attachment

scuba.gif

?

Hershey was sunny, warm and dry...makes sense this weekend will bring on the wet.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 25 2014, 07:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 25 2014, 01:27 AM) *

I put in a thank you at the bottom, our lawyers agreed on the stealingre-wording of his awesome post......

Lawyers actually agreed on something? av-943.gif
r_towle
come along if you want, the barn and porch will be dry.

And yes, as a matter of fact I do have a wood stove in the barn.
All hooked up, but covered in all sorts of junk at the moment...

At this point, with all the other things happening over the next month or three, the rain date would most likely be in another year.

Rich
flippa
I bought beer already, so I am still in. beerchug.gif
914itis
I am bailing out due to death on the other side of the family.

wndsnd
I'm in with Nancy. Shooting for 11:00 arrival.

Would you scrap this case? Looks like someone e cut into this case with a cutting wheel. Depth approx 3 16ths. Will this propagate a crack later. After a rebuild ? It is about an inch long under the oil cooler mount

Click to view attachment

Thanks John
wndsnd
Click to view attachment
wndsnd
Click to view attachment
r_towle
Nope

They are not making anymore, and welding is not too much money for that.

But, if you are cleaning the shop. Sell that to someone that needs it, don't scrap it for new cans...
scott_in_nh
rain has started - we are still coming but I am not taking the 914.
this way I'll have room for the seat too....
r_towle
Still here, shop has plenty of room.....
ChrisFoley
I'm still at the shop working...
not gonna make it this time
r_towle
We had a nice time, had five guys with wives, cold, rainy, and we even managed to swap one box of sheet metal for money.
wndsnd
Great time Rich,

Hope it wasn't too hard on Lisa while she is recuperating.

Met some new guys and talked shop. Doesn't get much better even with the sun.....

I would have had donuts but Nancy was wstching me.

John.
r_towle
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 26 2014, 06:06 PM) *

Great time Rich,

Hope it wasn't too hard on Lisa while she is recuperating.

Met some new guys and talked shop. Doesn't get much better even with the sun.....

I would have had donuts but Nancy was wstching me.

John.

Glad you could come.
I hope we might do something more often.....

My wife an I enjoyed everyone's company and we would certainly attend any other casual event that one of you guys might want to do.

Rich
Rleog
Thanks, Rich.
And ooooh, that barn and its occupants. Your signature has more meaning now.
gandalf_025
We had a great time.. I sold some stuff too.
Gracious hosts that opened their home to us and even provided a puppy to play with, met some people and drank some beer.
Add to that 140 foot long barn full of cars and parts..
Wish I had space like that.

Thanks Rich...
914itis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
wndsnd
Imagine this....

One highly modifield 914 race street car with fender flares and a big big four,

Oun 914 on a Routisserie, waiting for the majic to be had.

One 914 lonely in a corner, chopped, and soon to be a speedster 914,

But yet there is more,

An early long hood 911 waiting for it's turn. And, Did I forget the T5 356 and T6 356SC waiting for their time in the sun.

Bugs, and Volvo's, and Jeeps Oh MY! A truly Magical place.

Sorry Paul, took no pictures, you will have to use your imagination.

John
flippa
Thanks for a great time Rich! Look forward to meeting up again sometime soon.

QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Apr 27 2014, 05:54 AM) *

We had a great time.. drank some beer.

Thanks Rich...

QUOTE(914itis @ Apr 27 2014, 06:11 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Here is a picture of the days highlight beer.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.