Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch Fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I purchased a new fuel pump. The current one is a BOSCH, but it is a different part #. The electrical connections are different. My installed unit has the blade type connector. The new one has posts. The new one has 1 large post and 1 smaller post.

I marked the current one, so I would re-connect the wires the same way the PO did.

Which wire goes on the large post? Ground or power?

Maybe it just doesn't matter, cause they put no instructions, at all, in the box.
Qarl
Photo?

IF it has the red and blue studs, the larger of the two is the positive connection (usually red). The smaller of the two is negative (usually blue).

As far as the original connection... brown is ground (negative).
malcolm2
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 27 2014, 10:07 AM) *

Photo?

IF it has the red and blue studs, the larger of the two is the positive connection (usually red). The smaller of the two is negative.

As far as the original connection... brown is ground (negative).

no color on the new unit studs or the old unit spades. My 1st thought was larger stud was 12v.

web photo with studs

sdthomas
I recently purchased one of these and it took me a while to figure out that the posts are marked + and -, they are just really hard to see because they are in the brown plastic around the poles.
Qarl
Larger is positive

See correct info below.

Depends on pump model, apparently.

Glad Bosch is so "consistent"
malcolm2
QUOTE(sdthomas @ Apr 27 2014, 10:34 AM) *

I recently purchased one of these and it took me a while to figure out that the posts are marked + and -, they are just really hard to see because they are in the brown plastic around the poles.

YOU ARE CORRECT! With an LED flash light I can see them. And the SMALL one is +.

The marks are on a small "bridge" between the electrical connection and the small fuel port. The "bridge" angles down and the marks are on the 45 deg face. I am going to dab alttle paint from my white paint pen to help the next guy. Or me, next time.

Thanks so much.

Clark
malcolm2
QUOTE(Qarl @ Apr 27 2014, 10:38 AM) *

Larger is positive

No it is not. I would have hooked it up that way, seems logical.

EDIT:

photo added:

Click to view attachment

BOSCH part number 69414. I have L-jet injection.
Qarl
Wow... different than several of the other Bosch pumps I have seen.

Glad you figured it out.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.