Eric_Shea
New Address:

372 W. Winchester
Murray, UT 84107
855-786-7101
Eric_Shea
A-Calipers as well...
MoveQik
Major props to Eric. Got my calipers today. I happened to be at the shop that they were shipped to when they arrived. Shop owner was very impressed with the quality and the price.
tomkirkcis
are stainless steel pistons available? are they recommended?
Eric_Shea
There are no stainless pistons available for -4 calipers.

There are stainless steel pistons availble for -6 calipers however.

Are the recommended? Not by me. I have seen "VERY" few steel pistons fail because of rust issues. 99.999% of all the steel pistons are reusable in this application.

The only place I think stainless steel pistons are valid are in S-Calipers. The factory plated the pistons for the S-Caliper and 80% of the time, those plated pistons flake where the seal rests against the piston. (I think there's a picture of that in this thread).
914werke
Eric in the R. application where you space out your stock /4 calipers with your "V" kit use the vented 911 rotor & your spacer, do you need longer studs in the hub?
Eric_Shea
It's "advisable" but right on the edge. The rotor spacer will move the rotor out 5mm. Our standard studs are longer than the 45mm factory studs but not all that is "engagement".

I would probably move up to the next stud length at that point. In fact, that's what I did with my RS replica when I used the 7mm factory spacers for the back.
914werke
Bummer sad.gif
mills914/s
Eric,
Your great my calipers turned out great Im glad you could fix what my pet Monkey broke.
Thanks alot. Hope to see you at the WCR
Seth
trapper
Beautiful work Eric! I had the car to the track and they performed as well as they look.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
charliew
Eric how long does the cad plating hold up on a car thats kept inside and kept clean? Do you think the ceramic coating will last longer? Thanks
Charlie
Bertus
Just wanted to say thanks to Eric. I won a free rear caliper rebuild at last years Fall Foilage Classic that Eric was kind enough sponser. He helped walk me through the installation and answer all my questions (even the dumb ones!).

The calipers look great, and work great!

Thanks Eric! smilie_pokal.gif

Bert

purple
I got this whole setup from Eric, it's bitchin!
type47fan
Eric,

Would you like to play around with rebuilding these? I will send you a set to evaluate. At first glance, they look pretty simple. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,
type47fan
. . . last one . . . . I'm thinkin' clear anodize . . . .
6freak
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 13 2005, 04:36 PM) *

REAR BRAKE CALIPER REBUILD SERVICE

A stock 914 brake system was state of the art for it's day and still to be revered today... if it's working properly. Are your rear calipers doing their job? Are they even working at all? When was the last time you set your venting clearance? Do you know if your pistons are frozen or not?

It seems as though these 30 plus year old 914?s are chewing up and spitting out their rear calipers at an alarming rate. Because of the unique integrated hand-brake assembly, the ATE 914 caliper is a tricky little animal to rebuild. There are springs and clips and little sausage shaped things in there. If fumbling around with this kind of stuff isn't your ?cup of tea? then I have something for you. I offer a caliper rebuild service. Here's what you get:

* Disassemble caliper
* Bead blast caliper to bare metal
* Replate with factory yellow zinc plating (silver available on a special order basis)
* Hone the cylinders
* Polish Pistons
* Install piston and adjuster screw rebuild kits
* Lube and reassemble the caliper

Pricing is $349.00 per pair ($174.50 each) plus core and shipping. I only sell these in pairs. **UPDATE** Shipping is now a flat $8.95 for Priority Mail to anywhere in the continential United States. For international orders you can still use the USPS link. Boxed weight is 16lbs. You can calculate postage from 84092 using this site USPS Shipping Calculator then click the button below to purchase now.

If you'd like to know more about the process or want to try it yourself, here's a thread for those Do-It-Yourselfers

PMB Performance - 372 W. Winchester - Murray - UT - 84107
Call 855-786-7101

Thanks Mr Shea the calipers look great biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif Eric does very nice work biggrin.gif
carr914
Eric's handywork.. drooley.gif ..Almost too Nice to put on a car

T.C.

Click to view attachment

pray.gif

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Thanks guys!

Happy braking!!
JazonJJordan
smile.gif Hey Eric!

Still helping us stop in style? Your work is beautiful. Do you offer a 911 caliper set to replace the front/rear with vented/drilled rotors? Thanks- jzn driving.gif
Eric_Shea
Pretty much anything you need:

http://www.pmbperformance.com/page/page/4741552.htm

Thanks,

E.
eyecolor
Dear Eric

I am sending you a pair of rear calipers for a rebuild.

Is a business check OK or do you prefer paypal?

George Ozer

Boothwyn, Pa
Eric_Shea
Check is fine... you can even order them online:

http://www.pmbperformance.com/calipers/html
eyecolor
Eric

Just got my rears with the pads and thanks!!

The fronts are on the way. Let me know when you get them, I forgot to put any name inside the box.

George O.

Wilmington,DE

or Boothwyn,Pa

Dr. Evil has been saying nice things about you
Goose
Eric,

Are you still rebuilding 914 calipers? I need at least the rears done on mine.

Thanks,

Andy
davep
He certainly is. Just follow the link in post 76 above.
RS22b
Just ordered a set of rears so i can at least drive my car this fall!

Can't wait for them to come in!
RS22b
Just removed my rears. They are ready for shipping back. smile.gif
RS22b
Harpo
I have a carrera frt end that I will be installing in my 75 914. Instead of the carrera calipers can I use the "S" calipers? I know that they are both 3.5 inch spacing but will the caliper line up with the rotor? Also the "S" calipers are missing the crossover line connecting the right & left pistons on the calipers. Is that part available?

Thanks

Harpo
Eric_Shea
Kinda and yes. They will bolt on to a 3.5" strut. The problem you'll have is the width of the Carrera rotor (if you decide to use them).

Let me expound upon the rotor. At 24mm I don't think it's needed in a 2,000lb. car. That said, you can use the 20mm rotor and the S-Caliper will slide right on. The 24mm rotor is heavier as well. This is the absolute worst place to add weight... rotating mass. So, my recommendation is to yes, use the S-Caliper and use a 20mm rotor.

Yes, we have stainless steel replacements for the compensating lines. They're $38.00 for the pair.
Eric_Shea
BTW... we have had a set of S-Calipers cut for the 24mm rotors but I really recommend against that.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...34e1&type=1
RS22b
Eric how do i get the inner adjusters out of my old rear calipers? Only 1 caliper has one of those adjusters. Is this an issue? Can i buy another adjuster from you? or 2 new ones for that matter?

Thanks!
Billy
ConeDodger
Speaking of rotating mass, is PMB going to offer carbon fiber rotors for 914's?

smile.gif tongue firmly in cheek...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.