Full Version: Guess it had to happen someday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Drums66
...You got my prayer's bro!(Don't give up!!) idea.gif
Change of diet & exercise is a very good start idea.gif
TJB/914
Hey Pat.

Please check in and let your 914 brother's know your condition???

Check in, we need to know. pray.gif

Tom
Chris Pincetich
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Pat. The "true originals" like yourself are more rare every day. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 16 2014, 01:31 PM) *
he hasn't been on the site since midJune.

He hasn't been on Facebook either. I hope he's OK ...
sad.gif
Ferg
Called and left a message. I'll report back when I hear something.

Dr Evil
Damn, Pat. I see you on, that is good smile.gif

I hope all is well.
rhodyguy
unfortunately it's a club we all get to join. apparently i'm a new member according to my doctors. much suckageā€¦.hang tough old timer. wink.gif

k
Ferg
Just hung up with Pat.

All is well, he is doing better and is getting out and exercising more. He has been offline for a bit, but not to worry.

He sends his best to everyone.

Ferg smilie_pokal.gif
euro911
When I was recuperating from a major surgery about 5 years ago, there weren't a lot of 'good days' on the calendar. There were times when I didn't think I was going to get any better and I felt depressed.

Fortunately, I was blessed with great support from family, friends, doctors and physical therapists, as well as on line forums like this one.

I didn't post here much during that time, but I did read a lot of here, as well as on other forums. It helped to keep my mind off of the pain and worrying about what my future held.

The sad thing was, nobody missed me dry.gif ... laugh.gif

I hope that this is the case with you Pat - not the not being missed part, because you are missed, but that you're using all the resources available to help your body and mind recover.

We'll be waiting for a progress report from you when you're ready to let us know how you're doing shades.gif
euro911
I see you posted while I was still typing, Michael.

Thanks for the update.
76-914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 17 2014, 11:05 AM) *

unfortunately it's a club we all get to join. apparently i'm a new member according to my doctors. much suckageā€¦.hang tough old timer. wink.gif

k

What's up Kevin?
Pat Garvey
First, my sincerest gratitude to everyone on this forum for caring. I really can't express what it means to me. Ask my wife - I'm an emotional slob.

I apologize for being absent of late. Just the idea that I could have health problems became unbelievable to me. Hell, I still thought that I was 25 and jst got my 914. Never a day in a hospital. Nothing worse than the flu, and that was 40 years ago.

It took me down some notches, humbled me, and depressed me some. I became lethargic about everything. The sky was falling!

We've experimented with dosages and the meds now work perfectly. Blood pressure is near perfect, cholesterol also, and thanks to the stent no more angina (though I take my nitro with me everywhere, just in case).

I'm walking 3 miles a day, every day, and will be happier when that is up to 10. Feeling very good. The sky went back up.

I'll be around more.

Krieger
Welcome back! Glad your well.
monkeyboy
Glad to see you are back. I missed your wisdom.
76-914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Ferg
The Doc even gave him permission to get that fog light he's always wanted smile.gif
rgolia
That is great news Pat. Going to pick up my 914 this Saturday. It was at Translog in York getting new front brakes and suspension plus the once over by Tony. It is ready to go......when do you want to go for a ride? driving.gif
mepstein
Pat - your 914 probably feels the same way as you did. Get it running and give it some exercise.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 17 2014, 04:19 PM) *

The Doc even gave him permission to get that fog light he's always wanted smile.gif

Ooohh! That's just wrong!
rick 918-S
OMG! Pat! your attitude is totally different! biggrin.gif
dcheek
Pat,

Great news! You ARE on the mend.

When our beloved 914's break, they have no mechanism to repair themselves. The human body,on the other hand, is an amazing machine. When something goes wrong it does everything it can to get back into shape. In your case it needed a little help with meds and a minor operation but, rest assured your body, all by itself, is working 24 hours a day to get back in equilibrium. Your lifestyle changes will only hasten the process. Keep up the regimen and, before you know it, you will be back at 100%.

Dave

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dcheek @ Jul 17 2014, 06:15 PM) *

Pat,

Great news! You ARE on the mend.

When our beloved 914's break, they have no mechanism to repair themselves. The human body,on the other hand, is an amazing machine. When something goes wrong it does everything it can to get back into shape. In your case it needed a little help with meds and a minor operation but, rest assured your body, all by itself, is working 24 hours a day to get back in equilibrium. Your lifestyle changes will only hasten the process. Keep up the regimen and, before you know it, you will be back at 100%.

Dave

Yeah Baby! Feeling stronger every day! Life is becoming good again!

Thank u for caring!!!!!
P
VaccaRabite
Sweet! I'm thrilled to read this tonight.

Zach
wndsnd
The meds usually take some adjusting. Hell they just tweaked mine again last month after 2 1/2 years..

Glad you are feeling better. I will send you a note next time I am in Phily area. Maybe we can get together for a lemonade... ! biggrin.gif

John
bigkensteele
Great to see you back, Pat! smilie_pokal.gif
scotty b
Excellent news. NOW...get on that 914 !! poke.gif
euro911
All good to hear, except for the no more vagina part dry.gif

Huh? oh, you said angina headbang.gif

laugh.gif
rhodyguy
haha
Rob-O
Wow, the outpouring here is fantastic. Stuff like this (Pat letting us know what's what) and the response by the members here is what makes this board so great.

Pat, glad to hear you're feeling better. The attitude change from the first post of this thread until the post just a few above mine here shows you're back. Just like our cars, you just needed to get the points cleaned up, the plugs changed and gapped correctly and an oil change.

Keep on keepin' on Sir, we're all rooting for you.

JawjaPorsche
Wonderful news. Glad to hear you are getting better.
Cairo94507
Seriously glad to see you on the boards again- we have been running wild in your absence. Oh, my car hasn't really progressed much during your absence....unfortunately. Welcome back Pat. beer.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jul 19 2014, 07:19 AM) *

Wonderful news. Glad to hear you are getting better.

Hi Pat!!!
agree.gif
Great to hear about your recovery. pray.gif
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.