Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why can't I reinstall my shifter bearing bracket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I was not able to install my shifter brg bracket. I have installed this before but today had no luck. Could my shift rods be out of alignment
Click to view attachment
Harpo
Click to view attachment

Thanks

David
Cap'n Krusty
Is the trans in neutral? Gotta be for the console to go in.

The Cap'n
Dave_Darling
Which part are you having trouble with? The new add-on with the second flange? That doesn't look like it is lined up correctly, but I don't have any experience with those so it could be normal.

If you're talking about getting that selector rake in, there are a few considerations.

- Like the Cap'n says, the trans has to be in neutral.
- It may start to go in easier with the shift rake turned around backward, but you can't get it turned around the right way after you start it--so don't do that.
- You will need to do some rocking back and forth of the whole console to get the bits of the rake to clear the various bits inside the trans and the edge of the hole through the case.

--DD
Harpo
At the risk of asking a dumb question do I simply line up the slots?

Thanks

DAvid
Cupomeat
Yes, it has to be in neutral, and you have to rock it back and forth to get the teeth of the selector properly in the hole.
Otherwise, it should go right in.

Good luck
r_towle
Look inside, you can see the teeth.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.