Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got one started today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
I have a couple of my members at a country club in Florida that have two Porsches.
A 1987 Carrera Targa and a 96 - 993 Auto?.

They have recently expressed interest in 914's, so I brought my car to work and took Mrs. B. out for a ride she was blown away by how solid and steady the ride was and how the car felt and the room. I had Mr. B. ride with me so I could explain the 901 transmission to him before I let him drive it on a great road.
He was absolutely astonded once he got behind the wheel and his comment..........."ITS LIKE DRIVING A GO-KART".
This guy needed a bib, it is his birthday tomorrow and his wife said she would be writing a check soon......he is hooked.

Just one drive, I think he lost it when I took a normal corner quite quick and the tires never made a chirp, he looked at me like I was crazy.

The 914 ....making new friends daily!!!!

Vysoc flag.gif
JamesM
The first turn always gets them. They don't know what to make of it when you turn on your signal but don't slow down! They learn quick though and are grabbing the door handle for dear life every turn after.

Man I love 914s

Larmo63
Like no other car I've ever driven.
struckn
Talking to a 911 guy at the Hershey Swap Meet, he was saying he would like to get a ride in a 914. I wasn't in a position to take him for a ride but what I told him was there's nothing that I've driven that compares. I said the only other ride I have that makes me smile like it, is when I'm behind the wheel of my Bass boat running up a twisty river doing 60+ MPH up on the pad skimming along.

piratenanner.gif driving.gif
eyesright
People don't know what they are missing. Last night I made a milk run...y'know, a 20 mile drive to get a gallon of milk. As I pulled to the stop sign to leave the store a guy pulled in and stopped. I never saw him before but he hollered to me, "Hey, I've seen you twice in the last two days! I really enjoy seeing that car!", then drove on in.

I'm headed to a car show today in Elgin, OK. The weather's great!

Click to view attachment

'76 LE wannabe
'70 conversion project...wish it were ready today!
ripper911
driving.gif piratenanner.gif type.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(Vysoc @ May 9 2014, 07:57 PM) *

his comment..........."ITS LIKE DRIVING A GO-KART".

Vysoc flag.gif

The same thing I said after getting out of my friends car after he told me to try it. This, about a car when younger, I wouldn't even consider as I had deemed them too ugly and slow..... screwy.gif wacko.gif blink.gif dry.gif Dumbass,I...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.