Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 CVs/axles/stub axles/trans flanges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
One of four CVs was juuuuust starting to click when I pulled these and upgraded everything to 911/930 gear for a six conversion. Selling these as cores.

Both sets are complete and still assembled, from stub axle to transmission flange. What's included:
-Two outer stub axles
-Two outer CVs, complete
-Two stock axles
-Two inner CVs, complete
-Two transmission output flanges
-Bolts, half-moon things, washers, roll pins, boots, etc.

$50 for everything, local pickup preferred.

Thanks!

pete
horizontally-opposed
Am I way off on price here?

I noticed that Britain has the output flanges alone for sale for $40/pair—and he always does good deals from what I have seen/know.

Thanks!

pete
914Sixer
No you are on the money. I would take the deal but shipping would be costly.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 19 2014, 04:42 PM) *

No you are on the money. I would take the deal but shipping would be costly.

Thanks. Yep, this stuff is HEAVY, to the point I wondered if it is worth more as scrap. But I can't do that, so I attempted to price it as a great deal for a way to rebuild a 914-4's complete rear axles at an owner's leisure while his/her car is still up and running.

pete
bdstone914
You can ship them in a large flat rate box for $16. It is the one called a game board box about 12 x 3 x 24. You may gave to remove the stub axles and CV joints to fit them.
You have to tape the box really well. I have mailed crank shafts in them by ny tieing them to a piece of plywood.

The cv joints and axles are the parts with value. Unless the threads in the flanges or stub axles get damaged there's little need for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.