Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glad I don't work on these cars for a living
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I dropped the new engine out of my car again yesterday. I had to take care of a couple of problems. I'll take advantage of this to check the valves, retorque and swap 1st gear stuff in my other tranny then install it. I kept thinking I had a pushrod tube leaking but I got under the car with the engine warm. By the way don't touch anything Ouch!

This is what I found. Sllow leak from the case through bolt. This might be a bitch.
DNHunt
This one is easier. I installed new output shaft seals and I think I drove them in too far. Both sides are leaking. I'll swap for my other tranny.

Dave
davep
Tranny seals are supposed to be flush to the case. Is that shaft rusty or just oily?
Mark Henry
Did you use the ARP case bolts?

Yep, it's going to be a bitch if you can't get the nut off. You may have to take the head/jugs off of one side....
IPB Image
Bleyseng
What did you use as a thread locker and sealant? Maybe you can reach up there with some of that copper sealant and smush it around to seal it. Worked for me on a rotary motor with shot seals.

Geoff
rhodyguy
shit. bummer.

kevin
DNHunt
Leak at Through bolt fixed. I removed the head to get to it. About 3 hours for me for 1 stinkin nut. There wasn't enough Loctite 518 on it. I could see an oil path. Now a couple of hours to put it back together.

Dave
DJsRepS
If your OEM Tstat and cable and pully are removed then the hole for the pully needs to be plugged as it feeds into the crank case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.