Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Tom Bliznick 914 Rear Fog Light Registry
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
In honor of Tom's pioneering spirit to drill 3 small holes in a pristine car to achieve those extra points smile.gif
All the facts and more here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=73511

Hawk
Pleased to be a new member with thanks to Tom for inspiration, guidance and bolts, Mark Heard for internal bracket and grommet, George AA for external bracket and Jeff Bowlsby for wiring harness (only to find it had been prewired when it lived its 1st life in Germany).
Thanks guys.
StratPlayer
Beautiful car beerchug.gif
Ferg
agree.gif drooley.gif
QUOTE(Hawk @ May 24 2014, 08:58 AM) *

Pleased to be a new member with thanks to Tom for inspiration, guidance and bolts, Mark Heard for internal bracket and grommet, George AA for external bracket and Jeff Bowlsby for wiring harness (only to find it had been prewired when it lived its 1st life in Germany).
Thanks guys.

Congrats
TJB/914
Hey guys, I am a little embarrassed to be connected to rear Fog Lights, but it was fun researching and getting Eric, Hawk and others to cut holes in their rear panels. I am a life time member of the Early FORD V/8 Club of America & leaned from the experts, accessories are a big deal. stirthepot.gif smilie_pokal.gif to the kool car gang. first.gif

My next research project is "Mud Flaps"??? They will look great on Eric's GT and I know Karl is a candidate. happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif The beat goes on in 914-World. popcorn[1].gif Mud Flaps & rear Fog Lights would look great on Sr.Andy's Limo too. drooley.gif

Tom bye1.gif
Hawk
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 24 2014, 02:49 PM) *

Hey guys, I am a little embarrassed to be connected to rear Fog Lights, but it was fun researching and getting Eric, Hawk and others to cut holes in their rear panels. I am a life time member of the Early FORD V/8 Club of America & leaned from the experts, accessories are a big deal. stirthepot.gif smilie_pokal.gif to the kool car gang. first.gif

My next research project is "Mud Flaps"??? They will look great on Eric's GT and I know Karl is a candidate. happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif The beat goes on in 914-World. popcorn[1].gif Mud Flaps & rear Fog Lights would look great on Sr.Andy's Limo too. drooley.gif

Tom bye1.gif

Sorry Tom, I'm done, getting off this accessory train now. shades.gif
PanelBilly
Think there's much of a chance this car will see fog any time soon?
Hawk
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 24 2014, 05:06 PM) *

Think there's much of a chance this car will see fog any time soon?

I believe I will be the only one in a fog biggrin.gif
The car had a fog light for the first 8 years of its life before it came to the States, so I just returned it to its original condition.

I had the pleasure of driving in dense pea-soup fog in Northern France several years ago on the highway from Normandy to Charles DeGaul airport and if it wasn't for the piercing bright red fog light on the car ahead of me, no way could I have continued to drive. I didn't let that fellow out of my sight for 2 hours. It truly is a safety measure in adverse conditions and required in Europe. Current German cars have them here in the States as well.
Gustl
I used to own this Sporto for a while - it had the RFL from the factory (Option M 571)

orthobiz
I don't have one. I can safely say I'm posting for Pat, too.

Paul
'73-914kid
Haters gonna hate..... biggrin.gif
IPB Image
brant
Nice
mgp4591
I've had some friends of mine install rear fog lights on their cars- Evos, STIs and various Hondas. Would visibility be increased if it was integrated into the 3rd brake light some are running on the top targa bar? Or is it only cool to have the Euro spec application? idea.gif
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ May 24 2014, 09:23 PM) *

I've had some friends of mine install rear fog lights on their cars- Evos, STIs and various Hondas. Would visibility be increased if it was integrated into the 3rd brake light some are running on the top targa bar? Or is it only cool to have the Euro spec application? idea.gif

You’re not supposed to watch the light, that could be blinding. It is intended to illuminate the spray behind the car.
mgp4591
And that wouldn't illuminate the fog or the spray? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.