Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper pads Fiberglasss?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
db9146
or is that arTIEST!!??

Come on get with it, our cars are going to rust away before we get decent looking bumper tops.

lol2.gif lol2.gif
scotty b
wink.gif Could you make them with little dips spaced evenly across the top, so they look like real pads? laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
whats the Estimated Time of Arrival for these bad boys
scotty b
ohmy.gif Additional (serious) thought. Coat them with bedliner to get a textured appearance!? I'm in for a set as well.
riverman
I'm in for a set too! Just let us know when.
tat2dphreak
I'd even take the crowbar to my wallett for these bad boys!
tesserra
James,
Lets get this goin. If you do this right it seems that there is a huge market for them.
I REALLY want front and back ASAP. WCC would be a good place to unveil them and take lots of orders (money).
George
ft.lbs.
keep "us" posted on the progress! rocking nana.gif
mikerose
QUOTE (ft.lbs. @ Mar 21 2005, 02:50 PM)
keep "us" posted on the progress! rocking nana.gif

icon_bump.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
94teener
I have a set of these F/G bumper tops, look damn good.

Some pics.

Phil
94teener
Another pic.
94teener
Another pic.

Aaron Cox
drooling.....

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
94teener
Another pic.

Pre-assembly for fitting prior to finish paint.
94teener
Last pic.
94teener
No, this is the last pic.

Pre-assembly yet.

I haven't got to finish paint yet, still working on engine, suspension, etc.

Phil
McMark
Who made those?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (McMark @ Mar 22 2005, 11:56 AM)
Who made those?

IIRC a guy at the ffc....

175 a piece i hear.... dry.gif
94teener
I'm not sure whether the builder wants his contact info. blanket spread on the net but,
he did tell me that he would be glad if I sent info. to him on individuals who are interested
in ordering. Okey with me.

Those of you interested, send me your email address and I will forward the contact data
to you.

I have zero financial interest and business attachment to this.

Phil Sparta
philliz914@earthlink.net
scotty b
I'm justa bumpin this morning! icon_bump.gif One for James biggrin.gif
SGB
Me wanna me wanna....
I've also wondered about a FG topper like a dash cover...
? James ?
You could get rich. OK, not rich. You could make people happy, how's that?
morph
James has been busy, and he is due to come out with Fiberglass door pockets soon (next week if all goes smoothly). The Bumper tops are the next to be finished, I know that he is working hard to make this happen, and I will get some pics of the plugs when he gets that far.

HIEDI
94teener
Hey, order a set with Carl M., the man.

94teener
MoveQik
Any update from James on this? Sounds like half the people here are ready to jump on these tops when they are available!
tat2dphreak
LOL, now that ecomm is up we need to bitch and moan until someone does this I guess... wink.gif laugh.gif
morph
im sanding several molds to polish(8 to be exact)then i need to test fit these parts b4 i release them i want people to get some thing that fits right and looks good.
james
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ May 12 2005, 02:06 PM)
im sanding several molds to polish(8 to be exact)then i need to test fit these parts b4 i release them i want people to get some thing that fits right and looks good.
james

you've never done us wrong before James!! don't let us rush you too much... we'll be waiting like geeks in front of a theater...
MoveQik
Thank goodness he is making progress. I was gettin worried about where I was going to drop my next wad of cash. Damn these little cars! headbang.gif
Verruckt
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ May 12 2005, 01:06 PM)
james

Would it be possible to have them roll around and have a bit of a lip on the top edge going down? So as to make them look a little more "solid" ??? I'm sure it might be hard to do in the mold though?
mrdezyne
James,
Whatever came of these? The response was amazing!
scotty b
icon_bump.gif
StratPlayer
These what ya talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW
KaptKaos
Can someone summarize this for me? Who is making these? How much? When will they be available? Do we need to place an order in advance? How do we contact the fabricator?

Thanks!

- Joe
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
There are some on E-Bay now. The same Guy Sean was talking about seening at the MWC, Carl, item # 4606789358 Dave slap.gif
Gint
QUOTE (BarberDave @ Jan 21 2006, 01:03 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif
 There are some on E-Bay now. The same Guy Sean was talking about seening  at the MWC,  Carl,   item # 4606789358     Dave  :stooges:

I bought a set of those very same units 6 months back or so. I got them significantly cheaper too. They are downright gorgeous.

Here's the link again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sspagenameZWDVW

warrenporsche
I purchased a 72 1.7 today that will need new bumper pads soon, are these things avalible yet thanks lemmie know at warrenporsche@yahoo.com

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.