Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumper pads Fiberglasss?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tesserra
I saw some fiberglass bumper pad replacements a while ago.
I need front and rear.
Anyone know who makes, or sells them?

Thanks
Trekkor
Rich has them in stock at HPH.

KT
Demick
Rich has fiberglass bumper replacements. But I don't think he has just the bumper pads in fiberglass.

AFAIK, there's only one guy who makes them, and they are not much cheaper than new OEM rubber ones. Someone will chime in here on who that is.

Demick
Aaron Cox
bumper tops in fiberglass?

trek - you sure?
Trekkor
Oops IPB Image

complete bumpers with the moulded bumper pads included. one piece. IPB Image

KT
Mueller
I cannot find the e-mail, but someone e-mailed me a few weeks ago saying they bought the 'glass pad replacements for about $375 including shipping

stock rubber would be closer to $525 to $550 or more depending on who you bought them from
Aaron Cox
it was a guy in the midwest.... had them on his green car... wanted 175 each for them
boxstr
I spoke to the gentleman his name is Carl about making me some, but he was very busy with other things in his life and was unable to find the time then. I will try and contact him again and see if anything has changed and whether he can make some or not. He made them for himself an da few extra, not into production.
I like the idea, but not if they are going to cost the same as the regular bumper tops.
CLLINTOPANDBOTTOM
seanery
I've seen them, as have most of the MWC attendees. They look very nice on. The benefit of these is that they will never bubble, split and distort like the rubber ones. The price was in the $175 range if I recall correctly.
Demick
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 17 2005, 09:53 AM)
The benefit of these is that they will never bubble, split and distort like the rubber ones.

Yes, the rubber ones suffer from the elements over many years, and the fiberglass ones would hold up better against sun and water damage. However, the rubber ones hold up very nicely to bumps and taps from other cars or solid objects. Unless you have the bumperettes, the rubber tops are the first things to make contact, and the fiberglass will crack/split/shatter very easily compared to the rubber.

Just pointing out that it is a tradeoff between the two.
greg.treadway
For a few dollars more you can get the whole fiberglass bumper. Are you suggesting putting the fiberglass top on a chrome bumper?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (greg.treadway @ Jan 17 2005, 11:06 AM)
For a few dollars more you can get the whole fiberglass bumper. Are you suggesting putting the fiberglass top on a chrome bumper?

metal bumper still offers you its protection.... a fiberglass bumper top guves you the rubber look without warping/fading in the sun
seanery
bumper tops

This is the guy that makes them's car (ooh nice grammar huh?)
IPB Image
IPB Image
morph
this is one of our projects we have been working on,also bumpers. but i can off the top of my head tell ya that they would not be more that 150.00/175.00 for the set.
front and rear.
james
McMark
I'll be getting those at that price!
gklinger
Me too!
IPB Image
Mueller
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jan 17 2005, 01:23 PM)
this is one of our projects we have been working on,also bumpers. but i can off the top of my head tell ya that they would not be more that 150.00/175.00 for the set.
front and rear.
james

taking deposits? IPB Image
mikerose
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jan 17 2005, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jan 17 2005, 01:23 PM)
front and rear.
james

taking deposits? IPB Image

Put me on the list IPB Image
2-OH!
I need a set (front & rear) for the 73...

2-OH!
Aaron Cox
id be down for a set of bumper tops
SpecialK
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jan 17 2005, 12:23 PM)
off the top of my head tell ya that they would not be more that 150.00/175.00 for the set.
front and rear.
james

That's more like it!
watsonrx13
IPB Image

Wow James, that would be fantastic....
lapuwali
I'd be up for a set, too.
nein14
James , Iam in for a set!! IPB Image
seanery
sweet!
tesserra
James, sounds great!
I think the FG tops look better than the rubber. They don't suffer the indent across the whole width of the bumper.
I will commit to front and rear, when can we get them?

George
tesserra
IPB Image
Chris H.
I'm in! That would sway me to backdate in a minute.
morph
wow what a response.i sat down and did a cost on this item and it would be between 175.00 200.00(tops) for the pair they would be sanded gel coat finish for the customer to paint.we are kicking around the idea of shutting down all sales for the month of feb to get out at least five more parts for 2005.but im leaning twards doing that i design better when im left alone.and dont have to deal with production parts.
james
McMark
Do it.
mike_the_man
I'd be interested. My rubber bumper pads suck!
Joe Ricard
Me too. When can I send you money? Got a hole in my pocket.
94teener
I bought a set, front and rear. Haven't installed yet. They are very sturdy excellent construction.

The fabricator is quite busy with his day job and I believe he makes the pieces based
on orders. If you want to order, send me your name and email address and I will forward
to him. (That's how I had to contact him, through another guy).

Following pics of the set I bought upon opening the box.

Phil
94teener
Pic. 2
94teener
Pic. 2 for sure:
94teener
Pic. 3:
94teener
Pic. 4, the last:
Root_Werks
Very nice! I would buy a set for around $150-200. IPB Image
Trekkor
I'd like to see them installed.

Looks great and I'm also interested.

KT
Gint
QUOTE (94teener Posted on Jan 19 2005 @ 08:26 AM)
I bought a set, front and rear. Haven't installed yet. They are very sturdy excellent construction.

The fabricator is quite busy with his day job and I believe he makes the pieces based
on orders. If you want to order, send me your name and email address and I will forward
to him. (That's how I had to contact him, through another guy).

Following pics of the set I bought upon opening the box.

Phil

Come on?!?! Seriously?

Who? Where? How much?
balthazar
I will definetly be interested in a set! $150-$200 would be peeeeerfect! Considering the originals are like $500 ea... IPB Image
tesserra
Phil,
Those look awesome!!
They seem to be very high quality and look well thought out in terms of installation.
Someone PLEASE START MANUFACTURE OF THESE!!!

George
dakotaewing
Count me in for at least one set, if not 2....
Thom
mikey
I'll take one set.
EdwardBlume
Can he mold in a 2 ft rice spoiler??
db9146
What ever happened to the FG bumper tops? Did anyone provide the email for the guy making them now? Did Morphinspectra (sp?) ever get into the business on these?

confused24.gif

Rhodes71/914
Somebody should be making those after all that interest.

I want some too!
MecGen
These would sell like hotcakes.
I need 2 for a 74
Cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
Always Looking
I thought of laying up a set myself, my top rubber sucks. How difficult would it be? Even a sh$% job would look better than what I got, plus you could sand and fill to get the contours right.... right?. For $150, i'd buy the set though - no time.. beer3.gif

morph
dont worry they are coming. you cant rush a artist laugh.gif
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.