Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: About a 924
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jwalters
IPB Image Scotty, send me pics and detailed description of car--I might just visit you!!! IPB Image
scotty b
See my avatar!! I am upgrading IPB Image to a LARGER money pit!! IPB Image She ain't takein it ( $ ) if'n I ain't gotin it !! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image I'm goin smilie crazy IPB Image IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 17 2005, 07:20 PM)
See my avatar!! I am upgrading IPB Image to a LARGER money pit!! IPB Image She ain't takein it ( $ ) if'n I ain't gotin it !! IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image I'm goin smilie crazy IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image 1500 huuh?? I can swing 1200 cash and the plane ticket to come get it----will it make it back to miami???? Not downing it, just needed info----- If so I am on a plane in two weeks!! IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Maybe some teener stuff to trade ($) with it---I gots lots!!!--LOTS

IPB Image
xsboost90
ive never had to weld up loads of rust in my pos 924...of course, at least the 914 was designed by porsche and there are no vw parts. IPB Image IPB Image
Dr Evil
Scott,
are you looking for some emotional reinforcement? For somethiong to need you, forever, unquestioningly? I only pic on you becasue we are soo alike in our addictions.
I too thought of one of the water eating P-cars. The 924 was cost ineffective for me due to the leaking sunroofs, and trunk glass which all cost in the $$$$ range to fix (but seldom are, so I am told). Its a catch 22; don't buy the car because there are too many of them in the junk yard, but do bu ythe car because there are too many of them in the junk yard.

I would look for one wiht less problems. It would not cost much less and to bring this one up to the standards of another would cost more. (clear as mud)

I found a lot of them on EBay for not too much.
scotty b
IPB Image You jerkin my chain J? You would actually come to Va for a 924? What's wrong with you man IPB Image ? Are you really that much worse than me?? IPB Image IPB Image Pics tomorrow!!!!!
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 17 2005, 07:42 PM)
IPB Image You jerkin my chain J? You would actually come to Va for a 924? What's wrong with you man IPB Image ? Are you really that much worse than me?? IPB Image IPB Image Pics tomorrow!!!!!

IPB Image Hahahahahaha--no jerking man--I owned a 85 944 and absolutley fell in love with it--all of it--balance, body style, underpowered yes--but I was using it to cruise between states on back country roads to visit my daughter---slow to get to the ton---but once I was there I kept it there for 80 miles a stint!! Love it--and seeing as it was based almost wholly on the 24..mmmmm

The other thing is going up there, I could take a long cruise back to Alabama and visit my baby girl for a few days...then I would have my second vehicle that would be helpful so I can get rid of my REAL money pit---that damned Dodge!!!! Truth be told--I have spent more on finance, ins, tags, and GAS in one year to not even touch the massive expenditure on my teener so far--well--2/3 more than the teener---that thing has gotta go!!!!

Lets talk--I have got tooooo much teener stuff, engines, trannies, suspensions, brakes, switch gear,,,-you name it---whuts your pleasure???? IPB Image
redshift
For what it's worth...

If you want something fun, for less money than you will have in a workable 924, and is a Porsche, let me STEER you toward the 944 range, performance is built in, and the usual suspect stuff is available at somewhat more reasonable prices... considering the performance, reliability, sticky-factor....

Later, the better, I loved/hated mine.

M
jwalters
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jan 17 2005, 07:35 PM)
ive never had to weld up loads of rust in my pos 924...of course, at least the 914 was designed by porsche and there are no vw parts. IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image Isn't it great!!! IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (redshift @ Jan 17 2005, 07:54 PM)
For what it's worth...

If you want something fun, for less money than you will have in a workable 924, and is a Porsche, let me STEER you toward the 944 range, performance is built in, and the usual suspect stuff is available at somewhat more reasonable prices... considering the performance, reliability, sticky-factor....

Later, the better, I loved/hated mine.

M

IPB Image IPB Image There is allot of truth to that--but alas, I am a glutton for punishment--hell-I own a teener!! IPB Image

And there is this certain junk yard I know of where there is a derilict 944--lotsa parts for cheap!!! IPB Image
scotty b
Yeah my 944 was good and cheap ....then I went for the turbo brakes, aero mirrors and door handles, IPB Image 17" c2 turbos, chip,header,exhaust,backlit gauges,turbo panels,window tint,stereo,steering wheel, I was doing o.k. with the 924 that I had no desire to "pretty up". IPB Image

Hi, my name is Scott and i am an addict.

and how does the 914 look???
jwalters
IPB Image Hi Scott. And welcome, with us as your guide we can help you with your addiction. We can take you to a new level of self loathing you have never thought possible. Stay for awhile--lets have some IPB Image and some IPB Image and alittle IPB Image and all will be well with you----TRUST ME!
scotty b
Are you offering to be my sponser J? IPB Image Or my new daddy? IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image I am no-where near as ancient as redshift!!! So no, no daddy for you--- But I can teach you to drink beer US Navy style!!! IPB Image
xsboost90
im trying to incorporate as many 944/924 parts into my teener as possible. So far i have the 924s wheels, s2 160lb factory springs, perhaps a jack and the tools.
scotty b
IPB Image and how does navy style differ from pre metal show style?? IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 17 2005, 08:43 PM)
IPB Image and how does navy style differ from pre metal show style?? IPB Image

IPB Image OK, here is the skinny--me and my drinkin buddy would go the Norfolk Live--at NOB Norfolk--this is where my carrier was homeported. In the roundup bar--drafts IPB Image were 16 oz and 1.25 each- IPB Image ----we would spend about 125-150 $$per day for two day stints- IPB Image -We were on a three section duty rotation--This lasted for about three years, consequently, that was how long I was active duty for the Navy-so break out that math you prolly told your teacher you would never use and figure that up---also shows what and how I felt about where I was at, at the time---- IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Those were good times---still don't know how I survived--I had only a Honda Nighthawk 650 for a ride back then

Guess it is just like IPB Image --you build a tolerance

But then I saw the light and jumped ship into the Coast Guard and never looked back--true story---My maker must have a real plan for me----not sure what yet tho IPB Image

And now I live pretty close to South Beach and Fort Lauderdale beach--ever seen a video called " Girls gone wild"? IPB Image

While I am no-where near like I used to be-- IPB Image
rhodyguy
100 pints a DAY? it's not tolerance... your liver conceeded the battle, and will lose the war.

kevin
Maltese Falcon
The price is right for that Stuttgart Edsel...just drive it till the torque tube gives out. The repair costs on that one item send most 924s to the local pick-a-part. IPB Image
Brando
Heh, my 924 ate 2 torque tubes and pilot bearings in the span of a month...
Jake Raby
Porsches don't have radiators....

I'd rather ride a damn mule as drive a watercooled Porsche!

The only 924 I ever owned was used as a dirt road car and left in the Chattahoochee river in 1988 after I rolled it 5 times chasing a deer!

I removed the plates and just left it there... IPB Image

I only had 60 bucks in the whole damn car!
MattR
Chasing a deer with a porsche? LMAO!

I want to live in Georgia!
jwalters
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 17 2005, 10:42 PM)
100 pints a DAY? it's not tolerance... your liver conceeded the battle, and will lose the war.

kevin

IPB Image Oh, but split that between two guys and about 10-12 hours long--that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away---But I can say that when my carrier pulled into port after being at sea for more than 1-9 months--the first 10 bars you would come to when walking away from the ship in a straight line were completly sold out within 2 hours--- IPB Image

Navy squids don't fart around when it comes to boozing---one strong reason I am no longer a squid----- IPB Image
GWN7
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 18 2005, 12:55 AM)
Chasing a deer with a porsche? LMAO!

With the targa top off, all the gunner has to do is stand up. IPB Image IPB Image
Root_Werks
Had a 78' 4spd and then an 81' 5spd just out of high school. I thought they were a lot of bang for the buck back then. I couldn't swing a 944, they had heaters, didn't leak anything ect. Nice cars for the time (like 12 years ago), but I think they are getting too old now. You can get a nice, NICE 944 for $2500, so even a nice 924 for $500 seems spendy.

I did the Jeff thing, found like 2 944's for $1200 and one for $1300. Sold both for $2k+, just turned them, painted one (mistake). I would rather have the 944, nicer cars. IPB Image
skline
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jan 18 2005, 12:52 AM)
Porsches don't have radiators....

I'd rather ride a damn mule as drive a watercooled Porsche!

The only 924 I ever owned was used as a dirt road car and left in the Chattahoochee river in 1988 after I rolled it 5 times chasing a deer!

I removed the plates and just left it there... IPB Image

I only had 60 bucks in the whole damn car!

Real Porsches dont have radiators? What about the 996, the Boxster, and the new Carrera GT? They all have radiators. You saying you wouldnt drive a new GT?
1bad914
The 924S and the 944 are basically the same car, 2.5 liter 160hp +/-, 5 speed car. The 924S is actually faster than the 944 Lighter and more aerodynamic. If it is not a 924S, I would pass, if it is an S I would grab it, fun track cars or just a knock around car. Do the timing/balance belt maintenance and they will run a long time, abuse it and pay the price!
scotty b
HEY LOOK OVER THERE.....ITSA DEAD HORSE!!! WANNA BEAT IT????? You guys are killing my possible sale here IPB Image
ClayPerrine
My first P-car was a 924. Loved that car until my wife came along and let me drive her 914. We still have her 914, I sold the 924 in 1989.

Does that answer your question?????
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 18 2005, 01:25 PM)
HEY LOOK OVER THERE.....ITSA DEAD HORSE!!! WANNA BEAT IT????? You guys are killing my possible sale here IPB Image

IPB Image So when in the hell are you going to post some pics???????????? Huh, dude, huh IPB Image

If you wait too long I will be IPB Image
Root_Werks
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 17 2005, 05:13 PM)

and how does the 914 look???

"My old mans a TV repair man, he has an aaaawesome set of tools,,,, I can fix it."
scotty b
O>K> J I just took these. It's about 24 deg. I woke up this morn. coughing up chunks of my big toe, but I took these just for you IPB Image
scotty b
Still interested?
scotty b
this is the worst body repair, all front sheet metal needs to be repositioned. "frame " is not bent, panels have just been pushed around. Pass side is fine
scotty b
IPB Image
skline
Ok, The 924 is a dead issue now, I found something new that will get everyone into a tizzy with no negative comments. Should make everyone jealous.
scotty b
last one unless you want more, but not today. The wide load money shot!! IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Year? Tranny? What have u done to it? whut does it need? ( mechanical )...what..what ...WHAT! IPB Image

PS--that does not look anything like your avatar--you SAID it did in a privious posting...hmmmmmmmm IPB Image
scotty b
Wrong on the avatar keemosabee, I said that was the 944!!! 82 car ( with factory hood shocks) 82 tranny, 84 944 suspension, rebuilt with poly bushings, Koni rears, have front sway bar but not installed. Bursch header, multi piece exhaust,K&N filter,Jacobs plug wires, just replaced plugs(bosch plat). O2 sensor wire needs to be replaced ( runs a little rough without it ), A.C. worked GREAT until I pulled engine to replace clutch, I am pretty sure I forgot to hook it back up, Ground wire for tach and oil pressure gauge is loose, bal joint on pass side is grabby but I have been driving it like this since June, Pads feel crystalized and tires are ones off of various parts cars I have so there is not a complete set of 4 like tires.I basically have driven this car until it needed something. It came from a customer who dropped it off for an estimate after she ran over a curb. She never came back for the car so 5 years later I titled it, fixed suspension and fender and went on. Dash looks like they all do carpet is decent, drivers door panel is not so hot though, seats are good, odo gear dead on speedo, speedo is a 160 mph from a 944:confused:
jwalters
IPB Image Alright--lets do some wheeling and dealing-----You looking for cash only??? Or can we work something out on the plethora of teener parts I need to get rid of anyway??? IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Is it early or late style front track arms???

If early, I can bring a ball joint with me----- IPB Image
scotty b
Steel rabbit style, but if you want to spend more$ I have an 86 944 I am parting out IPB Image . ALUMINUM suspension ooohhhhhhhh IPB Image . I would like mostly cash BUT I do need acouple of side shitters. If youre so damned bored why not start headind this way? It's only 15 hours right?? IPB Image I actually need to do the ball joint anyway if the weather goes over 30 I might do it!
jwalters
IPB Image I got one spare side shift and a spare rear shift--I WOULD let them go..............................
scotty b
I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have participated in this thread for enabling me to obtain official MEMBER status IPB Image . I have a sense of belonging now and no longer need crack to get myself through the day. Thank you all once again. IPB Image IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 18 2005, 03:59 PM)
Steel rabbit style, but if you want to spend more$ I have an 86 944 I am parting out IPB Image . ALUMINUM suspension ooohhhhhhhh IPB Image . I would like mostly cash BUT I do need acouple of side shitters. If youre so damned bored why not start headind this way? It's only 15 hours right?? IPB Image I actually need to do the ball joint anyway if the weather goes over 30 I might do it!

IPB Image You got a trailer I could use--I WILL get it back to ya eventually..... IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Is it a 915 tranny? Just curious............ IPB Image
scotty b
I don't know the no's by heart but I can tell you it is a early 944 style. This car being an 82 apparently is a transition year as it has sveral 944 features that other 924's don't. ( hood shocks, i.d. numbers moved, PORSCHE script door panels) this could be a collectible!! IPB Image Now that I think about it i'm going to have to get 2000.00, but since you are a 914 guy I'll go 1750 and a side shifter!! IPB Image
jwalters
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 18 2005, 04:14 PM)
I don't know the no's by heart but I can tell you it is a early 944 style. This car being an 82 apparently is a transition year as it has sveral 944 features that other 924's don't. ( hood shocks, i.d. numbers moved, PORSCHE script door panels) this could be a collectible!! IPB Image Now that I think about it i'm going to have to get 2000.00, but since you are a 914 guy I'll go 1750 and a side shifter!! IPB Image

IPB Image WHAT????

You said 1500 in an earlier post man...........

man...............

man..........................

I am watching you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IPB Image
jwalters
oh man your killing me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.