Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Transducer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
martinef1963
Happy MLK day to all you guys/gals out there...

Can someone explain what this transducer thingamajigi does? Mine looks like it's covered in oil and so is the electrical connection that comes off of it.

thanks - one of the newer guys on the block. IPB Image
DNHunt
If it is a one wire job it powers the green oil idiot light in the left hand gauge. If you turn the power on you should see a red alternator light and a green oil pressure light. Both should go out shortly after startup. 2 wire sensors are after market and are usually mounted on a flexible hose. They power the same green light and an oil pressure gauge.

Dave
martinef1963
thanks - now for another question, same subject - why is it that it gets so oily? I understand that it drives my idiot light, but I pressure cleaned the engine and it is clean - all for that sensor?

Is it normal? Maybe I sould get a wrench out and tighten that sucker up.

thanks, IPB Image
jwalters
IPB Image Hey martin--I live right off of 595 and Flamingo---where are you at?? PM me if you prefer---I am active duty coast guard and can help you with any problems you may encounter---you should see my baby right now--nothing but the tub!!!

Cheers! IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.