914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VegasRacer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 6 2004, 05:55 PM)
this thread went sideways.

It's all Howards fault.
He's our leader. icon22_2.gif
Howard
Yes, we tend to have that problem. First post with schedule and locations is updated if any changes are made. Rest of it is mostly BS.
Korijo
just want to make sure everything is somewhat accessible... track, hotels, etc.
smilie_rolli_1.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Korijo @ Dec 10 2004, 08:46 PM)
just want to make sure everything is somewhat accessible... track, hotels, etc.
smilie_rolli_1.gif

Absolutely!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 10 2004, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE(Korijo @ Dec 10 2004, 08:46 PM)
just want to make sure everything is somewhat accessible...  track, hotels, etc.
smilie_rolli_1.gif

Absolutely!

Does this mean what I think it means..... smilie_rolli_1.gif driving-girl.gif
Bleyseng
Yes, Kevin is bringing Korijo down witha tow dolly!
rhodyguy
can do, except no dolly. tow eye in the rear bumper and a piece of chain. wink.gif

kevin
Bleyseng
Ha, Dave is a great skateboarder so that would work!
agree.gif
Looks like my motor work won't be done so I am iffy to attend.

Geoff
Korijo
laugh.gif laugh.gif
boxstr
Geoff, we don't expect to see you arrive in anything other than a rental car laugh.gif Come down with Kevin or Dave.
CCLINWCC2005
rhodyguy
if we could get some idea of what might be required during the tech inspection for the track day, i would appreciate it. aside from the obvious. example, secondary/additional hold down for the battery. suggestions from those in the know please.

kevin
boxstr
Also what kind of facilities are availalbe at Willow Springs??
CCLINWCC2005
Howard
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 17 2004, 08:16 AM)
Also what kind of facilities are availalbe at Willow Springs??
CCLINWCC2005

If you like the moon......

Track has food/drink/fuel (verry expensive 95 oct) flush toilets. Rosamond, little town 6 mi away has std gas sta and fast food places. Lancaster, 20 ish miles has more, but not much.

Nearest real golf course 30 miles away, so come down early or stay later if you wanna play.
Howard
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Dec 17 2004, 08:06 AM)
if we could get some idea of what might be required during the tech inspection for the track day, i would appreciate it. aside from the obvious. example, secondary/additional hold down for the battery. suggestions from those in the know please.

kevin

Andy (drew365) will be posting the actual rules, but usual stuff: battery (if you can pull hard and it doesn't move, it's OK), wheel bearings, brakes and lights. Helmets, belts, 'really' open cars (not teeners or targas) need roll bar.
skline
So when you say open cars, does that mean I have to run with the top on? I know it has the factory targa roll bar but some places require you to have the top on the car if it is a solid top convertible. Could you please clarify this for me?
Howard
I'll leave that for Andy..I like to go topless
drew365
I got in late last night from NYC. I just want to do a quick post here so you guys don't think I'm ignoring you.
Tech inspection will cover all the obvious items you already know about. Main items would be:
Battery, securely in place, not wobbly.
Brake pads, the track is tough on pads, if you're at or below 1/4 pad put on new ones before you get to the track.
No brake fluid leaks
Wheel bearings not worn.
Brake lights working.
I promise to get a complete list together soon and post it for all to see.
Demick
Howard

I called the Hampton Inn, and they think that the 914 Club is scheduled for the weekend of April 29th. I told them that I would contact you to clear up any discrepancies.

Demick
Alison Baker
Ok Howard,Lisa & Scott.........I am not able to attend WCC 2005, School and job hunting will be taking place..If it were end of May I could make it so I hope you all have a good time ( school ends 5th May IPB Image and I have 2 wks off before I can start a job in Forensic Science) If I can make it down for one day I will , but you all have a guid time.
neo914-6
Howard,
The people at the Hampton reserved the 29th and 30th stating this is when the 914 event starts. IPB Image Can you confirm or deny so I can get this straightened out?
Felix
Part Pricer
Yea, this is getting a little confusing.

At first, the dates were to be 4/22 through 4/24. Then Howard announced that the dates had to be moved to a week later (due to a track scheduling conflict I think). The new dates were set as April 29th through May 1st.

Now, the first post in this thread reflects the 4/22 through 4/24 dates. The signup form indicates the 4/22 through 4/24 dates. And, the sponsors letter gives the dates as 4/22 through 4/24. I don't remember anything about the dates being set back to the originals.

So, the dates are (pick one):
4/22 through 4/24
4/29 through 5/01
drew365
The original dates were April 29,30, May 1,2. We had to move the event forward because our track date that was reserved was given to a bigger fish (Mazda). The dates that are at the beggining of this thread, 4/22 - 4/25, are correct as are the dates on the sign up sheet. If the Hamptons needs to be straightened out, I'm sure Howard will take care of it. He went out on the Hangover Run today and is probably recuperating.
Howard
Dates as per updated first post are correct. Hotel front desk is a bit confused, called them again today, and they'll get over it.

Just so you don't need to go thru the whole thread, Willow cancelled the original date we wanted so all moved on week earlier and will remain that way. IPB Image
jimtab
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 2 2005, 10:30 AM)
Dates as per updated first post are correct. Hotel front desk is a bit confused, called them again today, and they'll get over it.

Just so you don't need to go thru the whole thread, Willow cancelled the original date we wanted so all moved on week earlier and will remain that way. IPB Image

So.....Howard.....what are the track fees.............. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Howard
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 2 2005, 12:59 PM)
So.....Howard.....what are the track fees.............. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Free track entry for everyone without a Brazilia IPB Image
MartyYeoman
Booked rooms per the dates listed in first post today.
Sent entry form with fee in today's mail.
See you at the WCC 05.
I'm hoping for good weather already.

Has anybody made plans for the drive down from the SF Bay Area yet or is this a new thread topic?
jimtab
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Jan 5 2005, 11:59 AM)
Booked rooms per the dates listed in first post today.
Sent entry form with fee in today's mail.
See you at the WCC 05.
I'm hoping for good weather already.

Has anybody made plans for the drive down from the SF Bay Area yet or is this a new thread topic?

Me too...Howard, the check's in the mail...including the track fee. Rooms booked before christmas. We should try for a big-ass convoy from the bay area...that would be too cool.
bondo
Is there a WCC 05 registration deadline? (I'm financially embarrased right now and can't yet put forth the funds)
Howard
your credit is good here but please send registration and book rooms as soon as you can.
Jenny
QUOTE (jimtab @ Jan 5 2005, 12:27 PM)
We should try for a big-ass convoy from the bay area...that would be too cool.

IPB Image Please! I'll be driving my 914 down. Brian will follow in Subie with our dogs. But it'll be helpful and a lot less stressful (mentally) if there's a gaggle of 914 peeps traveling together.

Jen
Jenny
Howard, Sat & Sun breakfasts... Are those for people staying at the particular hotels, or is breakfast for all WCC attendees? I will be staying in Newbury park Fri and Sat night, and get a room at Lancaster Sun night.

Jen
nebreitling
yikes! this thing in creeping up on us!

i'm down for that. i'll be flat towing the 914 with the truck. hope it makes the trip!!! (great, now i have two cars to work on before wcc)
Howard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 5 2005, 03:31 PM)
Howard, Sat & Sun breakfasts... Are those for people staying at the particular hotels, or is breakfast for all WCC attendees? I will be staying in Newbury park Fri and Sat night, and get a room at Lancaster Sun night.

Jen

Breakfast for Hotel guests, but since they are continental buffets, and each room could have 1, 2 or 3 guests, don't know how they will keep track. And you can just stare at me with those eyes and I'll certainly toss you some scraps IPB Image
Jenny
Thanks Howie. IPB Image

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 5 2005, 03:28 PM)
I'll be driving my 914 down.

i was planning on doing just the same. i'm in for the caravan thing ...

i think it's time to buy that MP3 player ...
IPB Image Andy
Jenny
And an amp.

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 5 2005, 03:49 PM)
And an amp.

most certainly! IPB Image

nice eyes, btw. ... IPB Image
Jenny
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 5 2005, 04:03 PM)
nice eyes, btw. ... IPB Image

IPB Image I could say the same for you! Except substitute nice for another scarier word. IPB Image
ppickerell
Howard,
I have been playing with some plaque ideas.....
neo914-6
yikes! this thing in creeping up on us!

i'm down for that. i'll be flat towing the 914 with the truck. hope it makes the trip!!! (great, now i have two cars to work on before wcc)

I started the thread here: 914 Convoy from the North...
jimtab
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Jan 5 2005, 06:21 PM)
Howard,

Damn, Mr. Pickering, I like 'em all!!! IPB Image IPB Image
Jeroen
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Jan 6 2005, 04:21 AM)
Howard,

man, that's way cool!
Howard
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Jan 5 2005, 06:21 PM)
Howard,

WOW IPB Image Frame that and send it to me for evaluation IPB Image
rick 918-S
How far is the closest major airport to the Hampton Inn? Were attempting to plan this one out again..... IPB Image
drew365
Major would be LAX or Burbank. Unless you fly Navy, than it would be Point Hueneme.
Joe Bob
LAX....there is a an Air Shuttle that can get ya to the Hampton...or you can hitch a ride with one of the LA contingent.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (mikez @ Jan 6 2005, 07:02 PM)
LAX....there is a an Air Shuttle that can get ya to the Hampton...or you can hitch a ride with one of the LA contingent.

You mean there's a shuttle bus to the Camarillo Hampton Inn from LAX?
drew365
Probably not specific for the Hampton, but definately one for either Ventura or Santa Barbara that would drop you at the Hampton. Or you could rent a car a LAX and take it to the track. I won't tell. IPB Image
Joe Bob
Santa Barbara Air Bus can drop you off on the way from LAX to Santa Barbara....you might wanna call the Hampton and see if they have their own van...pretty good chance they do....they also have Super Shuttles that do the LAX to Ventura runs on the half hour....

Best to check the LAX website....they have links to all the shuttles and limo services.....prolly a good idea if you coordinate with the other outta townies and share a ride.

BTW....LAX is RIGHT next to Pelican Parts in El Segundo....old time 914 concour weenie Don of Don and Glenn's Barbeque fame works there again........maybe Howie can talk Wayne into a welcome wagon seeing how we spend a lot of money there....
rick 918-S
Thanks for the info Mike. Wife is thinking about flying in instead of driving out. I'm trying to figure out how to get her from the airport to the hotel. Or when I need to be checked in so I can pick her up on time. Still in the planning stages.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.