Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2005 brabble...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Allan
The $150.00 is for registration into the A/X right? I don't think I'll be able do do that part. Work sucks. headbang.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Headrage @ Nov 11 2004, 01:49 PM)
The $150.00 is for registration into the A/X right? I don't think I'll be able do do that part. Work sucks. headbang.gif

$150 is the whole enchilada..meals listed, events, goodie bag, raffle stuff. Same $$ whether you go to track or not.
brant
clarify the track fee...
I'm assuming its on top of the $150?

brant
Howard
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 11 2004, 01:52 PM)
clarify the track fee...
I'm assuming its on top of the $150?

brant

Only if you want to make a charitable contribution biggrin.gif

$150 includes the track event.
Jenny
Yes, Howard, but what about the track fee? biggrin.gif

Jen
Meredith
Can you tell me what the track fee is?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 11 2004, 03:57 PM)
A good omen?

not if your name is Miles ...

wink.gif Andy
Howard
Jen, Mer....
Jenny
Howard:
Howard
Kinda had that one coming laugh.gif
Jenny
biggrin.gif I only did it because I care. wub.gif

Jen
Meredith
Thank you, Jen. That was perfect!
jim_hoyland
Made my reservation today; told them I was with 914 club and wanted the "special" rate... sid the special is $119 !

Has anyone else got the $89 rate ?
Howard
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 16 2004, 07:12 PM)
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 16 2004, 06:43 PM)
Made my reservation today; told them I was with 914 club and wanted the "special" rate... sid the special is $119 !

Has anyone else got the $89 rate ?

I'll call them in the morning.

Jim, you're back to the $89 rate. Donate savings to Special Olympics? biggrin.gif
GTeener
So is the $150 for the Track Day part?
Howard
QUOTE(GTeener @ Nov 17 2004, 11:17 AM)
So is the $150 for the Track Day part?

Gwen, did Jen and Mer put you up to this? biggrin.gif

There is only one entry fee, whether you go to the track or not.
jimtab
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 11 2004, 02:57 PM)
OK, I just made my reservation at the Inn of Lancaster. I booked a room with two beds in case anyone needs to crash.

I haven't made my reservation for a room in Camarillo yet. I'm not sure if I can afford the Hampton depending on what the track fees will be. biggrin.gif

BTW, this picture was on the Inn of Lancaster web site. A good omen?

You'd better check your reservations, I just got off the phone with them and they said they are not taking ANY reservations for 2005 until the 2nd week of December??? So, Howard, wasssup? BTW I'm locked and loaded for the 22-23 at the Hampton, when do you want the 150.00?
Howard
Yikes! So much for my career as a travel agent. I'll give them another call ar15.gif
Joe Bob
For you cheap bastards....mom in law has a ranch/farm out in Lancaster Quartz Hills....maybe I can get an OK for a camping thing on the grounds????

Anyone interested?
Meredith
QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 17 2004, 04:23 PM)
BTW I'm locked and loaded for the 22-23 at  the Hampton, when do you want the 150.00?

Don't forget the track fee.

rolleyes.gif Mer
Joe Bob
How much is it? wacko.gif
Howard
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 17 2004, 05:24 PM)
How much is it? wacko.gif

I've edited the first post in hopes of avoiding further confusion finger.gif
Joe Bob
For the joke impaired....that was a joke....it's ALL INCLUDED.....

NOW FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED>>>>>>>>IT"S ALL INCLUDED!!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ALL YOU PAY FOR IS LODGING >>>>>>>>

Better Howie?
neo914-6
Howard,
What are the approximate distances? It takes a long time to get to each side of LA much less between Camarillo, Paramount Ranch, and Lancaster/Willow Springs track.
Felix
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Meredith @ Nov 17 2004, 05:16 PM)
Don't forget the track fee.

rolleyes.gif  Mer

Mer - I think it is a typo.
Howard just left out the letter 'R'.
There is no track fee. The track is free. cool_shades.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Nov 17 2004, 08:13 PM)
Howard,
What are the approximate distances? It takes a long time to get to each side of LA much less between Camarillo, Paramount Ranch, and Lancaster/Willow Springs track.
Felix

Felix, glad you asked so I can brag a bit wink.gif

One of the biggest problems we faced was avoiding LA traffic. That's why Camarillo was selected for the starting point. The Inland empire and San Diego/Orange county guys get stuck, but they have a shorter drive than you NorCal types.

All of the events are located north or west of LA. If you map Bay area to Camarillo, there are no real traffic spots on that route. Camarillo to Paramount is less than 20 miles by freeway, but we'll make it much longer with Mulholland Highway twisty tour and poker run.

The trip from Camarillo to Lancaster is serious, almost 90 miles. But by doing this mid day Sunday, and not going through the city, it shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours. All freeway with some 70mph limit. Leaving the track late in the day Monday is likewise easy. Straight shot via 138 to I5 for youse guys, and SoCal members would head back against rush hour traffic.

All this could blow up, of course, with one Sigalert, but we tried.
Meredith
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 17 2004, 07:59 PM)
For the joke impaired....that was a joke....it's ALL INCLUDED.....

NOW FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED>>>>>>>>IT"S ALL INCLUDED!!!!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  ALL YOU PAY FOR IS LODGING  >>>>>>>>

Better Howie?

If it makes you feel any better, I got the joke.

And in case you didn't hear me, I GOT THE JOKE!

biggrin.gif

Mer - I think it is a typo.
Howard just left out the letter 'R'.
There is no track fee. The track is free.  

The track is FREE?! Why didn't he just say so?! rolleyes.gif
Joe Bob
If we ever meet...I should be wearing a flak jacket me thinks.... blink.gif
GWN7
So can I order one of the 914club hats. I missed them the first time.......Opps wrong thread

See you all there in 05 biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
you can never start planing too early. just for drill i checked out expedia for the route to camarillo. their directions take the I5-405-101 drive, right into the belly of the beast. what is hwy 126 like? 16 hrs and change.
Howard
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 18 2004, 09:35 AM)
you can never start planing too early. just for drill i checked out expedia for the route to camarillo. their directions take the I5-405-101 drive, right into the belly of the beast. what is hwy 126 like? 16 hrs and change.

Really depends on your ETA. 405/101 is brutal during rush hours in either direction, but shortest. Good news is you only have to face it on incoming trip. 126 is very open.

The trick is getting from the 5 to the 101. You may want to do it just south of the bay area as the 101, while a bit longer, is much prettier, and you'll have to face the 5 boredom going home. Just my dos centavos.
Joe Bob
126 is nice....just been redone. It connects the 101 to the I 5....
Howard
QUOTE(jimtab @ Nov 17 2004, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 11 2004, 02:57 PM)
OK, I just made my reservation at the Inn of Lancaster. I booked a room with two beds in case anyone needs to crash.

I haven't made my reservation for a room in Camarillo yet. I'm not sure if I can afford the Hampton depending on what the track fees will be.  :D

You'd better check your reservations, I just got off the phone with them and they said they are not taking ANY reservations for 2005 until the 2nd week of December??? So, Howard, wasssup? BTW I'm locked and loaded for the 22-23 at the Hampton, when do you want the 150.00?

Jim, all fixed, but you better call them again to verify. See first post for updated details.
neo914-6
Howard,
Even if my car is in shape for the long drive, I doubt I will last the long harsh ride, no heat, and no tunes. ohmy.gif Now I'm thinking semi-trailering a bunch of us down. laugh.gif I'll bet that will be a rare site.
Felix
bondo
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Nov 18 2004, 02:26 PM)
Howard,
Even if my car is in shape for the long drive, I doubt I will last the long harsh ride, no heat, and no tunes. ohmy.gif Now I'm thinking semi-trailering a bunch of us down. laugh.gif I'll bet that will be a rare site.
Felix

Watch out for railroad tracks!!!
ematulac
agree.gif

I was about to say the same thing. ohmy.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Jaiderenegadesimpson V8 914 @ Nov 18 2004, 01:26 PM)
Howard,
Felix

Knew you NorCal pinky lifter types were wussy biggrin.gif

Avoid LA traffic: Check
Do it when it's not too hot: Check
Do it when it's not too cold: Check
Now they want Heat, A/C and Stereos!

Try this: OPEN UR 'EFFIN WINDOWS, BUY SWEATER AND IPOD, or drive the Camry beerchug.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 17 2004, 06:12 PM)
For you cheap bastards....mom in law has a ranch/farm out in Lancaster Quartz Hills....maybe I can get an OK for a camping thing on the grounds????

Anyone interested?

Yeh, Me and Charlie and a couple of the girls would have an interest!
GWN7
How much fruit would we have to pick if we stay there? wink.gif biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Howard,

Knew you NorCal pinky lifter types were wussy  

Besides I can't afford that extra TRACK FEE!

Hey I lived in the San Gabriel valley smoke pit for 4 years...that's why I came back to the Bay Area laugh.gif

I'll bet there will be more NorCal attendees than SoCal. laugh.gif

Pinky Lifter Felix
rick 918-S
Just wanted to say good work Howard. Way to take the Bull by the horns and get this thing locked down. It's never too early to plan a big event like this. I've truely looking forward to the 05! clap56.gif
ablose58
Great job! I can't wait to meet everyone in 2005 smilie_pokal.gif monkeydance.gif driving.gif Should be a very cool ride from WA. AL
Joe Bob
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 18 2004, 05:37 PM)
How much fruit would we have to pick if we stay there? wink.gif biggrin.gif

Cute....it's the remnants of a 200 acre alfalfa farm.....find the fruit on that bugger.... wacko.gif

She's 80....has five acres left and she is being surrounded by one acre homes.....LA is expanding and these freaking people commute....sheeesh...

Let me know if this REALLY some thing that youse guys wanna do....
Howard
Hey, how about we all stay there and do a Burning Man kinda thing? beerchug.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 19 2004, 08:55 AM)
Hey, how about we all stay there and do a Burning Man kinda thing? beerchug.gif

We're not all ex-art students you know! givemebeer.gif
redshift
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 11 2004, 06:57 PM)

RUN AWAY
Joe Bob
HEY GOATBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you coming out? I'll pitch in $20 for yer ticket............what does it take fer the Greyhound?
GWN7
Naw...it won't work...I tryed to bribe him to come to the FFC.....I even offered him some Canadian Birthday cake.....
smile.gif
Howard
Ya know, I'm building a list of people who should come but say they won't. Let's all work on them. So far..

Ya-Roon
Alison with one L
Miles (never mind, just saw that thread)
Alfred
Howard
Fresh Meat! Have a newbie on 2005 Planning group. Everyone say hi to Dan, XITSPD, Hemet, CA who apparently knows a little something about 914/6's. We've never met, but I assume he's the one in the white hat wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.