Full Version: BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: Finn's '75 2.0l FI 914 build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
dudzy's914
Loaded and ready!
Bleyseng
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Jul 4 2014, 05:22 PM) *

Question here,
is this foam thing supposed to be here? If so, what is it?

Yes, it's the foot rest so the passenger has a flat place to put their feet. The piece of wood in it is a access panel to the EGR counter.
dudzy's914
Update: the car was sanded this week, and everything aligned.
dudzy's914
Blocked out and sharp!
dudzy's914
Here she is in all of her L041 beauty!
billh1963
Great progress!
Sleepin
Great Job Finn! Keep up the good work! Your story gives me hope for the next generation of car drivers!
dudzy's914
Alright, time for some excuses for not working on the car: We have been in the moving for the past year and are finally settled. Now I have a nice place to work on it and being part of this wonderful Build-Off hopefully will get me going again. Exited to share the process!! Let the fun begin!! biggrin.gif
dudzy's914
October update! Alright so haven't been on the world posting a whole lot, working on the car-right? No school and sports. I have made good progress though. Started on an small engine tune up (point, plugs, wires, condenser...) part way through I stated the r and had gas poring out all over I'm lucky nothing caught fire because it was running right down the exhaust. Found that it was the rubber hoses that go from the rail to the injector, they looked like crap, dug a little further, pulled out the injectors, going to clean those up. I considered getting new injectors because the seal rings looked like this and who knows how old they are, I figured I'd try new seals first-good decision? The injector didn't look to bad though. Bought new rubber line to go from the fuel rail to the injector also. That's about it I think, I'll try to post at least once a week.
dudzy's914
The old seals!
dudzy's914
New seals I just put on last night, I'll get a picture tomorrow
dudzy's914
Old hoses I pulled out dry.gif
mepstein
So the car got a quick respray and needs a tuneup. Why is it part of the build off challenge?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.