Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB - Door panle kits Fiberglass bases with vinly and clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
hblyle
Hey Mark, what brand and type of adhesive are you recommending for this project?
Mikey914
QUOTE(hblyle @ Jun 23 2014, 09:57 AM) *

Hey Mark, what brand and type of adhesive are you recommending for this project?

3M 90 works well.
hblyle
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 23 2014, 02:48 PM) *

QUOTE(hblyle @ Jun 23 2014, 09:57 AM) *

3M 90 works well.

Thank You Sir!
hblyle
Click to view attachment
That was incredibly fast, can't wait to check these out! I will post an update on Sunday to let everyone know what they look like in the car!!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hblyle @ Jun 27 2014, 07:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment
That was incredibly fast, can't wait to check these out! I will post an update on Sunday to let everyone know what they look like in the car!!

popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Thanks I had a bunch of stock on hand, just waiting for more fiberglass that was supposed to be here Friday. I should be able to fulfill the rest this week when I get more in.
Mark
hblyle
Great kit Mark, I have never covered a door panel and this one took me about two hours. I expect the drivers side to quicker!
Thanks AgainClick to view attachment
Mikey914
Nice job
black73
icon_bump.gif

Update? popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Got the 1st 5 out just from inventory. Got another 5 in late Thursday, they will be going out tomorrow, I think we did get one or two out today, the rest tomorrow.
I have 10 more that will be here friday, so this should be wrapped up Friday. I had anticipated I would be able to get them faster (the fiberglass cores), but this is how it is working out.
-mark
echocanyons
Any further updates?

Mikey914
got 3 more out today. I did run out of clips, more coming in next week, but I will ship the kit and drop the clips in the mail. I can get another 3 out tomorrow.
The rest will follow next week.
-Mark
echocanyons
Excellent! I'm looking forward to the install.
echocanyons
Panels arrived, thanks Mark.

By chance could you provide some instruction as to how to assemble these?

lonewolfe
Hi Mark!

I received my door panels too! I also would like to see some assembly instructions and helpful hints. Perhaps you can post a quick tutorial on this thread for us.

The panels look great by the way!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jul 22 2014, 06:39 PM) *

Hi Mark!

I received my door panels too! I also would like to see some assembly instructions and helpful hints. Perhaps you can post a quick tutorial on this thread for us.

The panels look great by the way!

agree.gif

But thought I was the only one....
hblyle
I still have to put my second one together, I will put together a short how to video and post it here on Saturday
Mikey914
Post #6, not real difficult, just takes time and patience.
echocanyons
Lyle, It would be really great if you could post your how to video. Thanks for the offer.
Mikey914
Thanks Lyle,
Just been busy with the day job and shipping parts.
-Mark
hblyle
No worries, I will get on it late today or tomorrow morning
hblyle
Click to view attachment
First off, I do not make videos or cover door panels for a living, this is my second door panel ever. This is just how I did mine and I won't take any coments personal!
Links to videos below

Part 1
http://youtu.be/Sg_JKOri49o

Part 2
http://youtu.be/nfoX4Ik10zw
Kansas 914
QUOTE(hblyle @ Jul 27 2014, 09:05 PM) *

First off, I do not make videos or cover door panels for a living, this is my second door panel ever. This is just how I did mine and I won't take any coments personal!
Links to videos below

Part 1
http://youtu.be/Sg_JKOri49o

Part 2
http://youtu.be/nfoX4Ik10zw

Well done. Thanks for taking the time to document the process. Cheers!
echocanyons
Nice video, this really helps to understand the process.
Thanks for taking the time to record and post this first.gif
echocanyons
Mark,
Do you have an ETA on the door clips?

Can they be installed after the panels are covered?

hblyle
You do install the clips after you are done covering them.
Mikey914
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 28 2014, 11:52 AM) *

Mark,
Do you have an ETA on the door clips?

Can they be installed after the panels are covered?

The door clips will be in end of the week. Yes, they basically"screw" into the panels.
Mark
EdwardBlume
I'm installing a set of these right now, and they are fantastic. Very nice workmanship.

Now I just need to figure out how to mount the last two passenger arm rest bolts to the panel....
echocanyons
Have you shipped the door fasteners yet?
I still need these
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.