Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DrifterJay's address
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
Ok, Lets pool our resources and send some stuff over to Jared. I got his address now and a list of stuff they need.

This will be updated as it progresses, We have the following donations:
Joe Buckle with books and what ever we buy with his donation
robert21old with some of the Cigarettes Jared asked for
Bernbomb with a $20 international calling card
Me with about $30.00 worth of beef jerky, Cigs and a 914Club hat
Howard with $20.00 donation
Aaron Cox with a 15.01 donation (And he is a poor college student)
rhodyguy with a $20.00 donation
Doug Waters with a $25.00 donation
Mike Ginter with a $20.00 donation
Rob Kavanagh with a $20.00 dontation
Ron Meier (Slits) with a donation of $25.00 for Silkies?
robert21old with a donation of 7 Packs of the fancy Camel smokes that Jared loves so much.

By his Moms suggestion, I have picked up a used digital camera for him. The camera was $100.00

Anyone else want to chip in and send a 914Club package?

You can specify what you would like to send as Bernie did.

PFC. Villanueva, Johannes
557th Maint. Co. 13 CSB
OIF III, FOB Speicher
APO AE 09393
/Quote
Only thing I really need is smokes...and maybe some beefjerky...something 914 oriented would be cool...lol...but please I dont have room for parts....lol. If you could send a Can of Camel Exotic "Izmar Zingers" that would be so sweet...But anything is awesome....The soldiers in general dont need hygiene items anymore....Those are readily available nowadays....Mainly just stuff to pass the time. I am probably coming home for RandR april23-may7th. Also...keep an eye out for a good deal on an engine for my car....if anything is available...keep me posted and I will paypal you money for it and your gas./quote

I think mrs.K.gif had mentioned she would help get everything packaged and shipped so lets see if we can send some stuff over for our 914 Club soldier and the rest of our troops to show our support.
Mrs. K
IPB Image Oh good! Let's get going on this, and yes, Scott, I will help you package it all up and we'll get it sent.
PM me or give me a call and we can get it organized.

Lisa IPB Image
Howard
Lisa, set up a paypal or give a mailing address for donations.
Aaron Cox
i get to occasionaly instant message him "live from tikrit"
lets get er done! IPB Image
Jenny
I am probably coming home for RandR april23-may7th

So... this means he can make WCC, right?
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 18 2005, 10:46 AM)
Lisa, set up a paypal or give a mailing address for donations.

Good idea, but let me talk to Scott about that as I don't do
the paypal thing....or haven't yet anyway! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
skline
Paypal address would be v8chalon at comcast.net substitute the @ sign. All donations will be logged and available for anyone interested. Lisa will get the money transfered to her for the shopping for whatever the people want to get him to ship. Costco will be the place to shop.
Mrs. K
IPB Image
Andyrew
Heres some idea's.

Couple of packs of Bicycle cards,
maybe some poker chips (plastic to keep cost down)
Beef jerky,
CD's and or Cd player
erm..

I dono. what do the kids do nowadays? IPB Image
skline
Well, you all that said you wanted to send something over, please let me know by the end of the week. So far, I have only had one email from a member. He will be coming by this week to drop off what he wants to send. Just wanted to let everyone know.
JB 914
Hey Scott,

i've got a bunch of old paperback books in my garage that i can go thru and donate. i'll also kick in $$ for other stuff. let me know.
skline
Well, as it stands, We have the following donations:
Joe Buckle with books and what ever we buy with his donation
robert21old with some of the Cigarette Jared asked for
Bernbomb with a $20 international calling card
Me with about $30.00 worth of beef jerky
Howard with $20.00 donation
Aaron Cox with a 15.01 donation (And he is a poor college student)
rhodyguy with a $20.00 donation

Anyone else want to chip in and send a 914Club package?

You can specify what you would like to send as Bernie did.
This is being moved to the first post
Mrs. K
I'm in for about $30 also, plus help with shipping costs.
Since he will be home for R & R in April, we better get a
move on or he will be here and our package there! IPB Image

Anyone have one of those 914.com hats that was "slightly"
off? He did mention that he would like some 914 struff (not parts!)
or maybe a 914 t-shirt???

Let us know.

Lisa IPB Image
skline
I got a hat for him here. Its still in the box. That will be shipping off to him also. I would like to have everything here and ready to go by the weekend. So come on people, you all talked big before, now is your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
Howard
scott, message sent with paypal...got hats, too, but see you have that covered.
Aaron Cox
youi have paypal IPB Image
skline
Thanks Aaron, I am sure he will appreciate it. Here is what we have so far. I cleared my PayPal account so it could be used for this.
skline
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
bernbomb914
Scott use the money for whatever needs to be done. I know from recent experiance that the AT&T International calling card is very popular with the troops. They can call home with it. I dont know how much they cost or how much time they need to be effective. They also use nylon panty hose to cover their guns to keep the sand out.

Bernie IPB Image
SirAndy
i just got an email from his girlfriend, this is the new address that she send.
it seems slightly different from the one posted above ....

557th Maint. Co. 13 CSB
OIF III, FOB Speicher
APO AE 09393

IPB Image Andy
skline
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 19 2005, 10:12 AM)
i just got an email from his girlfriend, this is the new address that she send.
it seems slightly different from the one posted above ....

557th Maint. Co. 13 CSB
OIF III, FOB Speicher
APO AE 09393

IPB Image Andy

From his girlfriend? Last I heard he was married. Well, sorta. I will send him an email and make sure. Thanks for the heads up Andy. I was just posting what he sent me in an email. In fact, I cut and pasted it right from the message.
skline
Little bump to keep it on the first page. IPB Image
Aaron Cox
i got the same email andy.....

his grilfriend...new address...
SirAndy
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jan 19 2005, 03:54 PM)
his grilfriend...

i hope this was a typo!

i'd hate to see a perfectly fine girl getting grilled ...
IPB Image Andy
skline
Add another bump to this. IPB Image
GWN7
Package sent from here...hope I have the right address...
skline
It should get to him, if you had the wrong address it just takes about a week or so longer to get forwarded.
skline
I will be getting a card to send to him wishing him a safe trip home and putting everyone who donates names in the card.

With any luck, he will make it to the WCC since he is planning on being home at that time.
rjkavanagh
Just added $20 to the pot. Tell him to stay safe.
-Rob
Mrs. K
Last chance everyone....we are planning on doing the shopping tomorrow and then send the packages ASAP.
It's for our good ole Drifer Jay ya know! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
Aaron Cox
come on guys.....

even me...the poor kid....sent money. IPB Image
everylittle bit helps guys IPB Image
SLITS
Gonna do any shopping a Vicky's Secret for him...you know he has to have silky stuff for his blowup doll? Why else would he ask for smokes. IPB Image
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jan 20 2005, 03:09 PM)
Gonna do any shopping a Vicky's Secret for him...you know he has to have silky stuff for his blowup doll?  Why else would he ask for smokes. IPB Image

I'm not sure they have a "camo" department! IPB Image

Lisa IPB Image
skline
Here is the update on what has been received at PayPal.

Payment From Ronald Meier Jan. 20, 2005 Completed Details $25.00 USD -$1.03 USD
Payment From Robert Kavanagh Jan. 19, 2005 Completed Details $20.00 USD -$0.88 USD
Payment From Mike Ginter Jan. 19, 2005 Uncleared Details $20.00 USD $0.00 USD
Payment From doug waters Jan. 19, 2005 Completed Details $25.00 USD -$1.03 USD
Payment From Aaron Cox Jan. 19, 2005 Uncleared Details $15.01 USD $0.00 USD
Payment From Howard Dranow Jan. 19, 2005 Completed Details $20.00 USD -$0.88 USD
Payment From Bernie Thomas Jan. 18, 2005 Completed Details $20.00 USD -$0.88 USD

For a total of about $145.01
Aaron Cox
sweet! im sure you could collect donations tonight! IPB Image
skline
I will give it a shot and see what happens. As it is, that is a lot of beef jerky and smokes.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 20 2005, 06:00 PM)
I will give it a shot and see what happens. As it is, that is a lot of beef jerky and smokes.

True, but don't forget, we've heard from rhodyguy
that the shipping is quite expensive! IPB Image
PM me Scott, or give a call and let me know if we are on for tomorrow.

Lisa IPB Image
Aaron Cox
did we collect any donations from the huge ass hooters bill?
skline
No, I collected 166.00 from everyone and the bill came out to 201.00. Between Sammy, Eric, Lagunero, you and I we covered the rest. So nothing for Jared out of it. For me, it was one expensive burger and Iced tea. Thats ok, it was still fun.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 21 2005, 01:34 AM)
No, I collected 166.00 from everyone and the bill came out to 201.00. Between Sammy, Eric, Lagunero, you and I we covered the rest. So nothing for Jared out of it. For me, it was one expensive burger and Iced tea. Thats ok, it was still fun.

yeah./... i had 20 bucks worth of drinks and i covered joes chili IPB Image IPB Image
SLITS
That's what you guys get.....tryin to hustle Toast and the Hooters girls.....they cost more than your teener.
rhodyguy
lisa, please pm me when you recieve the check, so i know you got it. surprising how many people fail to do so. only time was when i sent sticker money to the chaity that benefitted from the ffc.

k
skline
Ok, If there are no more donations, I am off to Costco tomorrow after I finish the one job I have at 10:00. Going to post what I get for him and what is being sent so you all will know.
Mrs. K
IPB Image
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Jan 22 2005, 11:18 PM)
Ok, If there are no more donations, I am off to Costco tomorrow after I finish the one job I have at 10:00. Going to post what I get for him and what is being sent so you all will know.

With your back in it's current condition, I would suggest going to Victoria's Secret.....their goods are light and you won't strain yourself. IPB Image At least not lifiting anyway!
skline
The only problem with that is I dont think my heart can take it. They have some sweet looking models in the store down here. IPB Image
skline
Ok, Here is what we got him so far. The bill from Costco was about $140.00. So far, this is what we are going to send over for him. Will probably buy him some regular smokes too with the rest of the money. I tried these special Camels, they are not something you would smoke everyday. I thought they tasted funny.
SLITS
I thought pistachios came from that area of the world IPB Image Nice package for the munchies.
Aaron Cox
right on scott!

is there gonna be a card that goes with it?
skline
Yes as a matter of fact there will be. Just havent picked one out yet. I will get one this week sometime and put all the names in it of those who donated to it. Joe is paying for the shipping and has already figured out the best way to do it. Jareds mom suggested a digital camera so he can take some pictures while he is there so that is why there is a camera in that picture. I just hope it makes it there without any damage. And of course, the 914Club hat I bought for him is going too. He can take a picture of himself with it and post it to the board here. Good idea huh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.