Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnus Walker Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mike Bellis
This is the new Magnus Walker wheel launched yesterday. They are Fuchs style built by Fifteen52. Their website does not have pricing for these but other wheels from the company start at $999 each. I don't think I will be buying these any time soon but the look cool.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Kinda cool! agree.gif
steuspeed
Those are nice sans the gold logo.
Big Len
Looks like a flower, I'll pass.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 16 2014, 09:40 PM) *

Looks like a flower, I'll pass.

agree.gif

Not a big fan of Magnus. Though I'll admit I'm jealous I didn't think of drilling holes in things and painting them weird schemes first. I'd make a lot more than I do currently.
Woody
Wonder if they're strong enough to stand up to those Hoosiers.
jmill
I'd like them better in silver. I will say I'd run them if I was tripping over money.
Qarl
I dunno... reminds me of a late 60s muscle car for some reason.

boxstr
They belong on the new VW beetle with the flower motif.
Craig at CAMP
Mike Bellis
Here's the wheel in black with some context.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 16 2014, 08:38 PM) *

Seems like the opinions expressed in this other thread could have been expressed here in this thread.

It's all a matter of personal taste. I would run these wheels on my 914. I'm just a CSOB and will never buy a set.
McMark
They're only $700 each. biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 16 2014, 09:04 PM) *

Well sign me up for four then,. . . when they start hitting the local craigslist. biggrin.gif

I'd roll those.
Larmo63
The black car pictured kinda changes the whole issue, huh......?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 16 2014, 09:04 PM) *

The 17x9 with silver/black finish and center cap are $1050 each... sad.gif

http://www.52outlaw.com/order/#!/~/pro...amp;id=37143219
r_towle
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 17 2014, 12:14 AM) *

nope, still a flower, just a black one in that pic.
Socalandy
a different spin on the classic/ perfect Porsche wheel. hard to one up it but looks OK in black and maybe better in RSR finish.

Remember the Dating Game? similar to what they had on the set grouphug.gif
Maltese Falcon
Bachelor number one, would you put fifteen52 wheels on your 914?Click to view attachment
euro911
I like them smile.gif ... I like being different, just ask my parents laugh.gif
damesandhotrods
Youtube

6061 billet, now you know where the cost comes from. They’re not ghastly; I’ve seen a lot worse installed on Porsches. I prefer a more period correct look so I if it isn’t Fuchs, I’d be looking at Minilites…
ovilla
They look like someone shaved a 1/4" off the face of a fuchs wheel. Not sure if they're worth the price though. It's hard to beat the look of 5 lug Fuchs.
euro911
Watch the YouTube video, you'll see how they're made
Joe Bob
I'd suck donkey balls before buying anything that had Wheel Enhancement involved.
JmuRiz
I'd put some on mine if they were custom offset to allow for 7" on skinny fenders.....and someone gave them to me (I'm not paying that much for a wheel on a VW)

Looks a bit too much like my old black 4-bolt fuchs for my tastes though.
IPB Image
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 16 2014, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 17 2014, 12:14 AM) *

nope, still a flower, just a black one in that pic.

And a standard factory Fuchs wheel doesn't?? confused24.gif All these really are, are Fuchs with the center of the spoke cut out. . . shades.gif
sixnotfour
anti walker design lol-2.gif
GeorgeRud
I do like them in black, but they are too rich for my blood!

Could you set up a CNC machine to simply cut out the opening in some Fuchs? They basically look like that's what they are.
ETMracing
I watched the video for his wheel launch on youtube and right away thought to myself how hard he is trying to push the product, ugly imo. Also you are right, like a cheap Fuch with holes. Drinking game, watch the video and drink everytime he says Iconic
scotty b
QUOTE(ETMracing @ Jul 1 2014, 05:32 PM) *

I watched the video for his wheel launch on youtube and right away thought to myself how hard he is trying to push the product, ugly imo. Also you are right, like a cheap Fuch with holes. Drinking game, watch the video and drink everytime he says Iconic

It's a Fuch with the petals centers milled out
Isn't it iconic....don't ya think ?

ernestj911@gmail.com
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 16 2014, 05:08 PM) *

This is the new Magnus Walker wheel launched yesterday. They are Fuchs style built by Fifteen52. Their website does not have pricing for these but other wheels from the company start at $999 each. I don't think I will be buying these any time soon but the look cool.

Click to view attachment

they are very reasonable, 700 per wheel. that is awesome.
euro911
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 1 2014, 05:19 PM) *

Could you set up a CNC machine to simply cut out the opening in some Fuchs? They basically look like that's what they are.
I wouldn't machine the surface off of any wheel. There is a lot of engineering involved in designing a wheel - need to account for structural integrity and anticipated load forces. These wheels are not merely shaved down Fuchs.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 1 2014, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 1 2014, 05:19 PM) *

I wouldn't machine the surface off of any wheel. There is a lot of engineering involved in designing a wheel - need to account for structural integrity and anticipated load forces. These wheels are not merely shaved down Fuchs.

There was no shaving of any kind in the making of these wheels blink.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 1 2014, 07:52 PM) *

QUOTE(ETMracing @ Jul 1 2014, 05:32 PM) *

It's a Fuch with the petals centers milled out
Isn't it iconic....don't ya think ?

A little tooo iconic...yeah, I really do think! shades.gif
sixnotfour
from This extra machining to This ..... VW guys are Crazy

I say Good for Him(magnus) for his Iconic spin on a Legendary design.. Gotta have a Vision...livin the Dream..
euro911
WTF.gif have you done there, Jeff ?
Mueller
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone has put these on a 914 yet??

Truth be told, seeing a few of his videos and seeing these wheels is what really got me to thinking how much I missed having a 914 and 911.

I think these would look great on a GT flared 914...I'm sure someone will beat me too it unless I win the lotto soon!
matthepcat
Is it wrong that I kinda like the silver steal wheel look?

I think a teener could look cool with a set of 944 turbo spare wheel steelies powder coated.

IPB Image

IPB Image

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 2 2014, 08:34 AM) *

from This extra machining to This ..... VW guys are Crazy

I say Good for Him(magnus) for his Iconic spin on a Legendary design.. Gotta have a Vision...livin the Dream..
EdwardBlume
I like them but its too bad they couldn't make them closer to factory look, especially given what MW has done for the marque.
carr914
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 5 2014, 09:13 PM) *

I like them but its too bad they couldn't make them closer to factory look, especially given what MW has done for the marque.

What Magnus has done for the Marque? blink.gif

More like the Wave of the Marque has done for Magnus!

Don't get me wrong, he is a good guy, but he happened to be in the right place at the right time

Certainly cashing in on his 15 minutes of Fame
Larmo63
I'm sensing a bit of jealousy here of Mr. Walker……..?
pisces914
i met magnus a few times - nice guy - kinda quiet - but he's a bit of a rip off artist as almost all of "his" mods have been done for years by guys who just didn't have his "look" and talent for marketing - the urban outlaw thing is also kinda contrived - the emorys are the real outlaws, with almost no advertising (they also started before the internet) - the folks who dug the outlaws came to them - enough already magnus . . .
veekry9
Thats what I like.

18x10,Fucher?
Sure,would you like that in a satin finish?
veekry9
Available in FourFuchs?
veekry9
Click to view attachment

http://www.52outlaw.com/start/

Haas VMC (Carl Haas)
Reasonably priced.
All good.
not seeing 5X,its ok.
btdt circa '78.

A FourFuchs?no sweat..
veekry9
Click to view attachment

In fact,an anecdote re: ph of coolant.
A series of critical rms billet baseplanes failed xray.
Etching of sufaces by contaminated coolant theatened a ceasework.
BirdCol. came into the shop the next week gave a greenlight.
Tre expensive lesson,maintain thy machine.
Cause:Ignorant former employee was dumping into the machines with lunch discards.
2500 a barrel for http://jokisch-fluids.de/..
For our application the global standard.
100% control,each employee was required to endorse a waiver.
2000gal tank farm for filtration+temp control.
Solved the problem at massive expense to maintain delivery sheds.
Heat-treat bookings were made 10mo ahead.
TicToc.

http://www.matsuura.co.jp/
http://www.cinmac.com/
http://www.nakamura-tome.co.jp/e/
At that time '80-'91.

If you walk into a m/c shop that smells shitty,leave.

Edit:I get it,technogab you have trouble comprehending.
Specifications.
Can't know unless you learn.
scotty b
confused24.gif
veekry9
Magnus appears a clone of some of our guys back then.
He has in his hand a part that is wet.
Its coolant.
Larmo63
Magnus in ten more years….
JmuRiz
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 7 2014, 09:35 AM) *

confused24.gif

I'm wit chu:
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.