Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT/ not 914 related / Benz 78 280 ce
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
I am looking at a Mercedes 78 280CE . Anyone here have good or bad experience with them?

Original paint mint interior runs good with a bad rear bearing . Surface rust all floors and suspension points are good.

Asking $ 4000

Opinions ?
SirAndy
I had two '76 280 SE, great cars, loved them.

The only thing that ever went bad was the hardy-disk on the drive shaft. Easy to fix ...
smile.gif
914itis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 21 2014, 03:13 PM) *

I had two '76 280 SE, great cars, loved them.

The only thing that ever went bad was the hardy-disk on the drive shaft. Easy to fix ...
smile.gif

Thanks . How's the pricing?
injunmort
paul, I had one back in the mid 90's great car probably still have it if I didn't drive it under a tractor trailer. it became a convertible and its structural integrity had been compromised
injunmort
oh yeah, I walked away
914itis
When start the car cold, you have to put it on L first before drive or reverse , if you put it on drive first it will not kick. I was told that is normal, is that true with them?
Cap'n Krusty
Heavy. Gas Hog. The plastic interior bits are fragile and failure prone, and mostly unavailable. The rear window mechanisms fail and that means removing a lot of that fragile plastic trim. The Chrysler climate control system sucks big time, and is expensive to repair. The vacuum systems are a PITA. Like driving your couch, someone once said. I dunno about where you are, but $4K is a lot of money for that car in CA, where they may have a lot of miles on 'em but they're not rusty.

The Cap'n
914itis
Thanks capt'n,
I 'll let this one go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.