Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight carrier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seareef228
ok guys I pulled both these off my car I am assuming the pass side is incorrect but I am not positive if you look closely they are different years also pass side has a black trim ring and the driver side has a chrome trim ring. They are positioned exactly like I removed them . driver on the left, pass on right
which one is correct for a 1974 2.0 Click to view attachment
malcolm2
i have one of each.... i always figured the only difference was the 2 little holes on the "U" that grabs the bolt as they open. I assumed the one with 2 little holes was a late style... not sure when "late" started, maybe 74. Mine work fine on my 75. They are "handed" tho. You need a Righty and a Lefty. you appear to have one of each (side).

Check around the front looking for evidence of an accident. If it has been wrecked and fixed, they may have gotten on older style part since they might have been cheaper than a brand new one.

Clark
seareef228
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 22 2014, 08:34 AM) *

i have one of each.... i always figured the only difference was the 2 little holes on the "U" that grabs the bolt as they open. I assumed the one with 2 little holes was a late style... not sure when "late" started, maybe 74. Mine work fine on my 75. They are "handed" tho. You need a Righty and a Lefty. you appear to have one of each (side).

Check around the front looking for evidence of an accident. If it has been wrecked and fixed, they may have gotten on older style part since they might have been cheaper than a brand new one.

Clark

that's exactly what happened its super minor (more like a tap and the bodyman did a great job ,,I am a body man /painter am I am satisfied it appears the headlight did get replaced with the wrong carrier, the one with the u and the 2 little holes was on the pass side I am thinking this and the black trim are wrong ???
I just want 2 the same and the correct part for my year ,..
69telecaster
My '73 does not have the little holes, but the '74 and a '76 do have them. I could check a '70, a '72, and another '76 later today, if more evidence is needed.

cm
bdstone914
The carriers are functionally interchangeable. Chrome ring were on early cars and painted on later. You can just swap the ring to make them look the same. The difference in the tab does show if you look through the gap when the lights are closed. I probably have extras of you want to swap the whole carrier or just the ring.
Bruce
seareef228
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 23 2014, 06:36 AM) *

The carriers are functionally interchangeable. Chrome ring were on early cars and painted on later. You can just swap the ring to make them look the same. The difference in the tab does show if you look through the gap when the lights are closed. I probably have extras of you want to swap the whole carrier or just the ring.
Bruce

that would be Awesome
I am going to PM you
Thanks you Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.