Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal Board install?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I have pretty much tried every angle and it just will not go. I have now determined that I must remove the accel pedal.... CORRECT?

Clark
cary
Pedal no. Just pop the rod off the pedal. Hold the rod with one hand. Then pull the pedal backwards.
Then IIRC start with the accelerator side. Slide over brake, then clutch.
TheCabinetmaker
No. Just pull the top of the gas pedal and pop it off the ball on the linkage. Put the clutch through the hole then the brake. You have to turn the board sideways a bit to get the pedal in the hole. The reinstall gas pedal, spit in the hole in the back of the pedal, place it on the linkage ball, and slap the pedal sharply with the heel of your hand.
malcolm2
Thanks guys.... At least I was 1/2 right. Cable disconnect only should be easier.

Clark
TheCabinetmaker
How about that for service? Question answered in ten minutes. I've gone days or weeks getting a q answered at the vette forums.
malcolm2
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 22 2014, 10:36 AM) *

1. Just pull the top of the gas pedal and pop it off the ball on the linkage.

2. Put the clutch through the hole then the brake.

3. You have to turn the board sideways a bit to get the pedal in the hole.

4. Then reinstall gas pedal,

5. spit in the hole in the back of the pedal, place it on the linkage ball, and slap the pedal sharply with the heel of your hand.

As a follow up.... I did not do number 5. #4 was the toughest part cause when you push down on the pedal.... it now hits the board vs. bottoming out. So it takes both hands on the pedal and the linkage to re-seat it.

I will also add for future searches that if you remove the clutch and brake foot pads it is much easier.

I am curious about the wire routing now. I have not re-attached the cover plate at that end of the tunnel yet. But the board seems to be resting on the wires.

And what is the hole to the right of the accel pedal for? Am I using an incorrect board for my 75?

Clark

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

hndyhrr
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 22 2014, 01:10 PM) *

And what is the hole to the right of the accel pedal for? Am I using an incorrect board for my 75?

hole on right side bottom is for screw and plate that screws into the cover plate for hole into tunnel. wires should go under and thru not over, then foot board will not rest on them. hang on let me get a pic for you, as my foot board is out for pedal cluster rebuild
Click to view attachment
hndyhrr

pic is poor quality but that is how it goes together
02loftsmoor
move that Red wire
SirAndy
You're missing the cover that goes over the square hole in the center tunnel. that cover has a bracket with a threaded hole to mount your pedal board to.
smile.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jun 22 2014, 01:10 PM) *
So it takes both hands on the pedal and the linkage to re-seat it.

You can clamp a pair of vise-grips onto the pushrod to give you lots of good leverage to pop it back into the pedal.

--DD
MDG
This is the go to thread for all things pedal board.

thumb3d.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=190018
PANTLODE
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 23 2014, 09:12 AM) *

thumb3d.gif

dry.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(MDG @ Jun 23 2014, 08:12 AM) *

thumb3d.gif

There is a reason that I did not find that post when searching..... someone should move it to the sandbox. lol-2.gif

And lets make this the go to for pedal board installs. smash.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 22 2014, 08:05 PM) *

You're missing the cover that goes over the square hole in the center tunnel. that cover has a bracket with a threaded hole to mount your pedal board to.
smile.gif

I have the cover. But did not know a "button" screwed to it. I'll dig up the cover today and see what I can make. No carpet yet either, so there is no rush.

The wires were that way when I got the car. I did not move them out of the hole, and I am now not going to move them..... way too much work and opportunity for a major screw up. I can't imagine that my PO did it either.
AvalonFal
Maybe this helps a little with the wire routing. I have a console, if that matters.
Paul

Click to view attachment
malcolm2
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jun 23 2014, 11:33 AM) *

Maybe this helps a little with the wire routing. I have a console, if that matters.
Paul

Click to view attachment

That helps in a few ways. I am now installing B-Quiet Ultimate mat. I see you have something similar.

I was planning to add some carpet padding of some sort. Your does not have any. A Ford guy here at work is trying to get me a local source for JUTE (sp?) which might be what Porsche used.

And I can just about see the hold down screw on the right of the accel pedal.

Still need to search for my cover. But I did order carpet. I got the cheaper loop version from 914 rubber. Anyone have any comments on that style vs. perlon or their better loop?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.