Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more welding fun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay got the engine bar for the suby almost done, it measures 1 inch square wall thickness .083. with 16 gauge gussets. right now i can lean on the ends and it flexes about 1/2 inch ( 190 lbs ) i will be welding a 90 degree angle on two side after i fit it to the car and engine.
not bad for gas welding
scotty914
gusset detail shot
RS22b
nice!

Interested in seeing what you have when you're done.

-billy
McMark
Looks good. Can't wait to see it in the car. IPB Image Yay, gas welding. MIG has its place, but I prefer gas for most everything. IPB Image
mattillac
excellent progress scott. i'm very anxious to see the end result. keep up the good
work.
Chris H.
IPB Image

Nice work Scott. Once you get your engine mount setup perfected let us know if you want to make a few more of them!
scotty914
well just stuck the engine bar under car looks like its perfect, you can see where the motor mounts are ( circled in white ) i just need to shorten the tops, right know they are about 8 to 10 inches too long.

tonight i will build the part that bolts to the motor mounts on the engine

a couple of pics
scotty914
now for a close pic of motor mount to bar, remember it needes to come up a few inches, also notice how most if it tucks behind the head. it will not be in the way of exhaust or shifter, as well as it clears the trailing arm
scotty914
and last one showing here the body mount will go and where the top of the bar is before i shorten it
scotty914
here is a pics of the bar that will be welded to the engine bar and bolted to the stock engine mount on the motor

its made from 2, 1/8 thick 1 inch angles welded together, with a solid peice welded across the two where the bolt goes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.