Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DAPO Strikes again! Edited Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I am trying to get the 75 up to speed so I can get it inspected. I noticed the horn pad was not setting right so I went ahead and ordered the horn cuff. Well this morning I went out to put it in. Sure enough the old one had collapsed. Put the new one on and the horn pad was still off. I double checked everything , the scratched my head. Got another horn pad and it did the same thing. The steering wheel hub did not look right, It took a comparison of the horn pad and the steering wheel hub to figure it out.

DAPO's ????
Krieger
Yikes! Time to check the engine/ tranny bolts, suspension and other steering bolts.
Old Yella
The tab has not been filed off. That's normal. Which way are you putting the the horn on. Left to right or right to left?Click to view attachment
914Sixer
After the pictures of the wheels from Ole Yella, I went back to the garage and started over. The tabs on the hub are all bent up as shown in the pictures. It took 5 hubs until I found one that would work.
Dr Evil
Missing circlip on shaft causing all things to be tightened too far down?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.