Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It followed me home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
At a recent autocross one of the "kids" that runs with us said he passes a 914 sitting out side a barn hear his home every day. Car has been sitting there for over a year and the house is for sale. Kid emails me the address and a few pictures from his cell phone.

Lone story short make the 45 min drive out t the farm to see if I can check it out. Turns out the owner was home. I made small talk about the 914 and asked if it was for sale, his response "everything is for sale" biggrin.gif

Turns out to be a 73 2.0L that has sat in the barn since 81 and moved out side last summer because they are "slowly" cleaning out the property to get ready to sell everything.

So.... here is 4732915118 sadly it is to far gone to save. I have to jack the car up to get the doors open. Check out the negative camber blink.gif

budk
Congrats... What is your plan for it? Is parting it, what condition are the doors in?
dudzy's914
That's is the EXACT story of my '74. Hopefully you don't run into the problems I did, but wouldn't be suprises if you did.
billh1963
Looks like an appearance group car...what a shame
914Sixer
It is a story often heard.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 17 2014, 07:07 AM) *

Looks like an appearance group car...what a shame

You are correct. That is why I bought it. It is a parts car, trunk floors are gone, hell hole is REALLY bad, and so on..... Good news is Fuchs (all 5) sway bars, center console, side shift trans (core), 2.0L engine (that I got to turn over yesterday smilie_pokal.gif ) excellent rear bumper top and bunch of misc small stuff.

I'm happy and the farmer is glad to see it gone. The wife, well she will get over it. biggrin.gif slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.