Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dang, more "mystery" wires and plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
What are these wires and plug for?

Found them underneath the passenger seat of my '75.

Thanks!

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Nothing to worry about in that photo unless you want factory original configuration.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 17 2014, 08:30 PM) *
Nothing to worry about in that photo

I dis-agreee. Any connector that is left like that has the potential for a short.
At the very least tape them up.

Do you have a copy of the color wiring diagrams from pelican?
It's really easy to find out what each wire does when looking at those diagrams.
smile.gif
bdstone914
The white plug is to the sensor in the seat for the seat belt warning light. I think the other black is the relay plug that is bypassed. Do cover the loose terminal ends.
Cap'n Krusty
That's the socket for the seat belt interlock logic relay, and the starter wires are connected per the factory service bulletin. That's the way it was supposed to be done ............... It would probably be smart to insulate the bare end of that pair of green wires, but they're probably dead anyway.

The Cap'n
ejm
The green wire with the red trace is for the oil pressure light. Shorted to ground it will turn the light on, shorted to power the switch may be damaged. I would insulate it as suggested.
naro914
Sweet!! You have the rare 'Passenger Seat Eject' option!!
914Mike
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 18 2014, 05:27 AM) *

Sweet!! You have the rare 'Passenger Seat Eject' option!!

You can just push the spare wires into any free slots in the black relay socket to keep them safe. Don't ever put a relay in there though, you may activate that option...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.