Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy: Tie Rod Wrench
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 20 2014, 03:25 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 20 2014, 01:10 PM) *

Hmmm ... good question. I've never had to change the tie rods on any of them (yet). I'll have to check it out.

Also, I don't know if the 'turbo' tie rod upgrade uses the same wrench (yet).

At this point I'm going to say yes, but maybe Krusty will chime in with the truth.

(Why isn't there a curmudgeon smiley)?

Well, in the original post he says that's what the tool is for. What, you think he's just makin' it up? And, FWIW, of course 914 tie rods and 911 tie rods use the same fasteners, they're the SAME part ..................... Whaddya think the "turbo tie rods" originally fit? 914 Turbos"?

These statements are null and void if the seller is a politician.

Krusty enough for you?

The Cap'n

You getting soft in your old age? laugh.gif
Rleog
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 20 2014, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 20 2014, 01:10 PM) *

Hmmm ... good question. I've never had to change the tie rods on any of them (yet). I'll have to check it out.

Also, I don't know if the 'turbo' tie rod upgrade uses the same wrench (yet).

At this point I'm going to say yes, but maybe Krusty will chime in with the truth.

(Why isn't there a curmudgeon smiley)?

Well, in the original post he says that's what the tool is for. What, you think he's just makin' it up? And, FWIW, of course 914 tie rods and 911 tie rods use the same fasteners, they're the SAME part ..................... Whaddya think the "turbo tie rods" originally fit? 914 Turbos"?

These statements are null and void if the seller is a politician.

Krusty enough for you?

The Cap'n

I vote this response into the classics section.
john77
I'll take one.
walterolin
One.

Thanks.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Please put me on the list for 1.
Thanks!
Andrew
Mr Pharmacist
Will you ship to the UK? Any idea on what shipping would be?

Thanks
Stuart
saigon71
One for me please. Thanks!
rhodyguy
do we contact you via pm for the address to mail the payment and get you our mailing addresses?
dlee6204
Once I have the wrenches in hand I will send out PMs to everyone interested with payment details. PayPal or check will be acceptable.
rhodyguy
sounds good.

k
JB620
Me too, 1 please. Thank you!
sbsix
You can never have too many tools. I'm in for one.
maf914
Doug,

I'm in for one. Thanks!
Rocketv
Please count me in for one.
Thanks
914dave
I'm in for one
Dtjaden
1 for me also please.
anderssj
one please.
DRPHIL914
i'll take one as well, if its not too late- just saw this as ive been out of town for a few days!

Phil
dangrouche
I am in for one please

thank you
andrew15
In for 1
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 19 2014, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jul 19 2014, 08:14 AM) *

Do you have an estimate of when they will be done?
I have turbo tie rods on the shelf and want to put them in soon.

Thanks

I'm hoping I can start shipping them next week but I'm still waiting on confirmation from the supplier.

I'll take one - thanks
Jonathan Livesay
Me want tool. smile.gif
914Sixer
I got mine today !
euro911
Well, you were first on the list shades.gif

Now go use it poke.gif
dlee6204
Just an update for everyone... I should be getting the first batch of these early next week and I hope to be shipping them out shortly after. smile.gif
BK911
Have an extra one? If so I am in too!
no1uno
one for me, too. thanks
euro911
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 23 2014, 04:51 AM) *
Just an update for everyone... I should be getting the first batch of these early next week and I hope to be shipping them out shortly after. smile.gif
Hey Doug, how soon will you have info on the strut insert nut tool? Did you decide to have those made too?

If so, I can wait until you have those ready and can ship both at the same time idea.gif
dlee6204
I'm really not sure when I will get that done but it's on the list. It won't too long from now though.
Rob914
One please.
Highland
I'd like one.
MikeM
As per my PM...I'll take one!
draganc
I will also take one.

Thanks,
Dragan
bigkensteele
I'm in for one!
dlee6204
Just FYI this GroupBuy will close on 7/31!
Freezin 914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 27 2014, 04:14 PM) *

Just FYI this GroupBuy will close on 7/31!

I will buy one. Thanks.
zambezi
I'll take one as well.
nihil44
Will take one and pay freight to Australia. Tried to post this before but think post failed.

If posted twice, I only need one

David
puffinator
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 18 2014, 06:37 PM) *

So my ad in the classifieds generated a lot of interest so I'm having a bunch more cut out for those interested. I made a special wrench that makes changing out tie rods a breeze. One end fits a stock inner tie rod retaining nut and the other fits the end of a turbo tie rod. No more vice grips, channel locks, big screwdrivers, etc. when converting over. These wrench are laser cut out of steel and will come bare. Cost is $26 shipped conus.

If you responded to the ad in the classifieds then I already have your name on the list. Once I get these wrenches in stock I will PM those interested with payment details.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'll take one too.
Rob
euro911
QUOTE(nihil44 @ Jul 28 2014, 03:52 AM) *
Will take one and pay freight to Australia. Tried to post this before but think post failed.

David
How many 911/912 and 914s are there down in the Land of Wonder? Have you thought about purchasing some extras for your friends (and save on shipping) confused24.gif

idea.gif
seareef228
Ill take 1 also
bdstone914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 28 2014, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(nihil44 @ Jul 28 2014, 03:52 AM) *

David
How many 911/912 and 914s are there down in the Land of Wonder? Have you thought about purchasing some extras for your friends (and save on shipping) confused24.gif

idea.gif

I was told by one Aussie 914 owner that there were less than 75 914's in Australia. They were never imported there. And you think part for them are hard to find in the U.S.?

Mike Bellis
Are we supposed to pay somebody? confused24.gif
mots
Me too...I will procure one wrench
plas76targa
Add me to the list. One please
hedgehog

put me down for one...

I'm a tool junkie.... I got a monkey wrench on my back...
nihil44
We have about 10 in Brisbane including a genuine 916 (still verifying that one)

We are lucky to have this forum and other suppliers to call on but we pay the premium in fossil fuel usage across the Pacific.

Thanks for the help and goodwill

David
Dredwin
i'll take one too
nihil44
I have already ordered one.

Could you please ammend the order to 2

David

Brisbane. Australia
914forme
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 18 2014, 06:37 PM) *

So my ad in the classifieds generated a lot of interest so I'm having a bunch more cut out for those interested. I made a special wrench that makes changing out tie rods a breeze. One end fits a stock inner tie rod retaining nut and the other fits the end of a turbo tie rod. No more vice grips, channel locks, big screwdrivers, etc. when converting over. These wrench are laser cut out of steel and will come bare. Cost is $26 shipped conus.

Yes please, I am in for one also, I have a very crude one I made with an angle grinder. I would prefer a nice pretty one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.