euro911
Good deal, guys

... and a piece of history as well shades.gif
Markl
I'll take this - sending PM
914itis
2nd
bdstone914
A word of caution to anyone installing an Engman fuse panel on an early car.
The early 70-72 cars have a positive terminal block just to the left and above the fuse panel. After installing one and even shrink tubing the metal bracket the positive wire arced to the bracket on the panel and nearly started a fire. I moved the terminal block to the other side to where it was originally mounted to eliminate the problem.
And I found the the jumpers between the four fuses that power the headlight were wrong. I had to rewire the pair of fuses to make the low and high beams operate correctly. You can not see the jumpers unless you remove the bracket and the plastic cover.
914itis
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 19 2014, 09:02 PM) *

A word of caution to anyone installing an Engman fuse panel on an early car.
The early 70-72 cars have a positive terminal block just to the left and above the fuse panel. After installing one and even shrink tubing the metal bracket the positive wire arced to the bracket on the panel and nearly started a fire. I moved the terminal block to the other side to where it was originally mounted to eliminate the problem.
And I found the the jumpers between the four fuses that power the headlight were wrong. I had to rewire the pair of fuses to make the low and high beams operate correctly. You can not see the jumpers unless you remove the bracket and the plastic cover.

Thanks Bruce . I found that out the hard way the first time I installed one on my 70
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.