Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire & Wheel Size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sfreeman615
I know everyone is sick of this topic, but I am a couple weeks away from being done with all of the body work, paint and suspension and about to be able to turn this car into a finished product minus the engine, but to turn it into a roller it has roll. That being said I am trying to decide on the tire size and wheels to go on it. I am keeping the narrow body, but don't mind rolling the fenders if I need to. I am looking for a wider than stock, stocky stance to the car. If you wouldn't mind, post some pics of your car and tell me what size wheels and tires you are running. It's much appreciated, this part of the build has me literally pulling my hair out!!
Elliot Cannon
This is what I had before I added flaired fenders and wider wheels. 205/50R17 on 7 inch wide wheels on all four. I rolled the lips of the rear fenders and did the baseball bat procedure on the rear fenders to pull them out a little. I actually used a piece of PVC pipe rather than a bat. What ever you use, make sure take your time and be carefull. It's not hard to screw them up. If you can afford it I would suggest having a body shop do it. I also used an 8mm spacer on the front to accomodate the back spacing of the wheels.
Sfreeman615
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 19 2014, 02:02 PM) *

This is what I had before I added flaired fenders and wider wheels. 205/50R17 on 7 inch wide wheels on all four. I rolled the lips of the rear fenders and did the baseball bat procedure on the rear fenders to pull them out a little. I actually used a piece of PVC pipe rather than a bat. What ever you use, make sure take your time and be carefull. It's not hard to screw them up. If you can afford it I would suggest having a body shop do it. I also used an 8mm spacer on the front to accomodate the back spacing of the wheels.

That's the exact look I want Elliot! Thanks so much, where did you get your wheels? I was going to do the 5 lug conversion only because I haven't found any 4 lugs I like, but yours look awesome.
Big Len
Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position 195/65r 15s on A.E. 6" rims, The backspace is about 41/2 inches. (I like the look of the stock sidewall height)

Rears have a 3 mm. spacer. No rubbing anywhere, non-rolled fenders.

I can barely fit my pinky between the fender and the top of the tire.

Click to view attachment
Sfreeman615
Thinking about doing these Euromeister Replica Fuchs 17x7 on the 205/50r17 and rolling the rear lips and fenders

Click to view attachment
lonewolfe
[quote name='Sfreeman615' date='Jul 19 2014, 12:49 PM' post='2063417']
Thinking about doing these Euromeister Replica Fuchs 17x7 on the 205/50r17 and rolling the rear lips and fenders

I've considered those wheels as well after seeing them on another members car on this site. They fit under our narrow fenders without modification and look great. They are Fuchs inspired wheels and do look different but they still look good for that outlaw kind of look on a budget. I wonder how much they weigh?

Click to view attachment
Sfreeman615
[quote name='lonewolfe' date='Jul 19 2014, 03:16 PM' post='2063433']
[quote name='Sfreeman615' date='Jul 19 2014, 12:49 PM' post='2063417']

I've considered those wheels as well after seeing them on another members car on this site. They fit under our narrow fenders without modification and look great. They are Fuchs inspired wheels and do look different but they still look good for that outlaw kind of look on a budget. I wonder how much they weigh?

Click to view attachment
[/quote]

I LOVE that tire size and wheel set up! Any idea what size those are???
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Jul 19 2014, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 19 2014, 02:02 PM) *

That's the exact look I want Elliot! Thanks so much, where did you get your wheels? I was going to do the 5 lug conversion only because I haven't found any 4 lugs I like, but yours look awesome.

I don't think those wheels are available anymore and I sold mine last year. The Euromeisters look great though.
lonewolfe
The wheels on the yellow car are Empi's and a little different from the Euromeisters. Parts Heaven in Hayward, CA had a bunch of the Euromeisters available when I was there last month.
funk
Elliot I can't find the rim you have on your car are they american eagle four lug six inch but do they have a particular name? do you have a site I can find them on??I'm with the other guy I really don't want to do five lug conversion but cant find four lug I like till I see your rims
Black22
QUOTE(funk @ Jul 19 2014, 06:08 PM) *

Elliot I can't find the rim you have on your car are they american eagle four lug six inch but do they have a particular name? do you have a site I can find them on??I'm with the other guy I really don't want to do five lug conversion but cant find four lug I like till I see your rims

I think Elliot's wheels were Evolutions / Revolutions...could be wrong though.
Krieger
You have the opportunity now to do a bit of fender rolling. As long as you don't go crazy you will not regret having the extra room. Once it is painted you are probably not going to be happy screwing up the paint on those fenders if you decide to roll them ...
SKL1
Click to view attachment

6X16 Fuchs (from front 911 SC etc) with 205-50-16 tires. Wheels refinished by Harvey Weidman. No mods to body.
1stworks
205 50 15 rubber vintage revolution 4 bolt wheels. 15 X 7 rim
Inside fender cut out smooth.

IPB Image

My buddy has these I like. ..same tire size

IPB Image
funk
Elliot I see now you say that they are not made any more the rims on that 914 in the pic even so it may be I can find them used if I know the kind of wheel and the style obviously the bolt pattern is 4x130 man I've been looking and looking if you could clue me in I'd owe you one!!PLEASE
Rods914
If you are willing to flair your rear fenders 1 1/4 inch and convert to 5 lug,
You could fit 911 Cup I rims with 225/50-16 rear and 205/55-16 front.
(need 23 MM spaces) I have lowered the car 2 inches since this picture was taken.
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(funk @ Jul 19 2014, 07:59 PM) *

Elliot I see now you say that they are not made any more the rims on that 914 in the pic even so it may be I can find them used if I know the kind of wheel and the style obviously the bolt pattern is 4x130 man I've been looking and looking if you could clue me in I'd owe you one!!PLEASE

They were Revolution wheels. I don't think they are available any more. It's a shame they are not. I've had many people ask about them. I bought mine through a group buy about 9 or 10 years ago. I remember they came from the UK. This might help. http://www.revolutionwheels.com/contact-us/
funk
thank you so much for the tip please anyone with info lets us know!! welder.gif
Sfreeman615
Can someone please explain the "Baseball Bat" or PVC Fender rolling process. How is it done?
Elliot Cannon
A baseball bat is literally placed between the tire and the fender lip at either the front or back of the fender opening. The car is then placed in neutral and carefully rolled back or forward while letting the bat roll under the fender thus stretching the fender out. A bat is best used because it is tapered and you can slowly increase the width being rolled by pulling the bat down to an ever increasing width. GREAT care must be used when using this method. I kinda effed mine up a bit and had to have a body shop fix it when I had the car painted. I used pvc pipe and that was a mistake. I don't think it's the best method but depending on your budget, might be worth a try. Just go very slowly. biggrin.gif
Cheers, Elliot
hblyle
Here is a link that explains the process very well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEgi-Fa6Hw&sns=em

CrashDown
QUOTE(hblyle @ Jul 28 2014, 06:40 PM) *

Here is a link that explains the process very well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEgi-Fa6Hw&sns=em

Jongbloed's in 15x7 configuration with 205/50/15 Yokohama sdrives

IPB Image
Sfreeman615
WOW, thank you guys, that's exactly what I needed! Also thanks for the pic, Mine is going to have a carbon fiber hood and rear deck lid and that showed me what mine will look like! Thanks again!
CrashDown
QUOTE(Sfreeman615 @ Jul 29 2014, 03:34 PM) *

WOW, thank you guys, that's exactly what I needed! Also thanks for the pic, Mine is going to have a carbon fiber hood and rear deck lid and that showed me what mine will look like! Thanks again!

No prob dude
Sfreeman615
Thank you guys for all of the pictures and suggestions! I ended up going with the 205/50ZR-16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires and the Euromeister Alloy Replica Wheels size 7x16. Can't wait to get them on the car, glad I ended up doing the 5 lug conversion! For more on my build check out my build thread here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=231935

Click to view attachment

lonewolfe
Where did you buy the wheels? Will the 60's fit under the fenders? I think you'll need spacers in the front to keep the tires from rubbing the fender wells at full turn lock. Can't wait to see a picture of your car with these new sneakers!
Sfreeman615
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Aug 17 2014, 02:29 PM) *

Where did you buy the wheels? Will the 60's fit under the fenders? I think you'll need spacers in the front to keep the tires from rubbing the fender wells at full turn lock. Can't wait to see a picture of your car with these new sneakers!

I bought the wheels from Ecklers Automotion. We are going to roll the fenders out a bit so the 50's will fit using the baseball bat trick before we paint the car. These wheels are exact replicas so they have oem spacing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.