Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do you find these gaskets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
I pulled the engine to replace the oil pump cover .... drip, drip, drip.

But this gasket came apart when I pulled the heater tin.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It goes inside heater tin that attaches to blower housing. #24. Keeps moisture from getting inside the heating system I assume.

Click to view attachment

Dug thru both AA and Pelican and found nothing. Made an attempt at Bus Depot but I have no idea what its called or the part number. I know that I replaced them around 7-8 years ago.

injunmort
try 914rubber, vendor on this site
type47
I think what you're looking for is called a "branch piece gasket" by AA. From the PET 202-15, no figure number as it doesn't seem to appear in the figure,

021.256.325 A gasket for cover and
021.256.326 A "

here is the part in AA: skip this link

http://www.autoatlanta.com/results.php

if the link doesn't show the part, search the AA catalog for 021.256.325A (and don't search for 021.256.325 A, notice the space before the "A")

and the link above doesn't get to the part. Try

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/h...;section=202-15

and scroll down, the gaskets are in the parts list after 18 and (18) ...

see also:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=215402

barefoot
My tins are missing these gaskets. Rather than pay the big $$ from AA i plan on using hight temp silicone sealant to keep warm air leakage to a minimum. It also may help rattles away.
larryM
hardware store - std household door seals - glue 'em on with rtv

p.s. - the Parade concours judges will never know you don't have a 100 point car if you do this
bdstone914
QUOTE(larryM @ Jul 20 2014, 08:34 PM) *

hardware store - std household door seals - glue 'em on with rtv

p.s. - the Parade concours judges will never know you don't have a 100 point car if you do this

Not sure how well a household seal will hold up to the heat.
Mike Blizzard was going to make them by 3d printing. I have a very old roll of asbestos paper that I am going to use to make some.
TeenerTech
I don't think the heat will be an issue considering that seal is on the cold side of the heat exchanger getting cool air blown over it at all times.
I removed all my heater boxes and parts right after a long drive and was able to grab a hold of it and not get burned!!!

cary
Here's the closest thing I've found.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#packing-seals/=sxxeq1

But we need 1/4 * 3/16, not 1/4 *1/4.

Bus Depot got back to me this afternoon. No go .....
rhodyguy
make an RTV bead where the gasket would lay on the branch piece sit and let it set up before installing. that way you're not 'glueing' them together. iirc the gasket from the 'other place' are fairly spendy.
saigon71
I made some with thick cork gasket material from FLAPS and glued them in with RTV. It worked well.
cary
Here's what I finally did. It's been curing since July. As you can see I only filled in the missed section. Should work.

Click to view attachment

Bartlett 914
I used an O-ring I had around. It sealed both top and bottom in one shot. Worked pretty good. You could also use o-ring cord stock and glue in place
pilothyer
I bought one of those red silicone flexible baking pans and cut out the seals and glued them in place with high temp silicone glue. they have always worked well and stayed in place even after a few "take off and put backs"
Mikey914
Pretty easy to make. And pretty cheap too. If you guys want me to make them I can in high temp silicone.

I'd guess about $2 a pop
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 21 2014, 09:52 AM) *

Pretty easy to make. And pretty cheap too. If you guys want me to make them I can in high temp silicone.

I'd guess about $2 a pop

That would be great if you made them. You probably know the left and right sides are different sizes. I would take a few pairs.
Bruce
Larmo63
914s have heaters? blink.gif
bandjoey
anyone making these? couldn't find them on 914rubber or anywhere else. if not i'll just layer gasket material and make them fit.
rhodyguy
What crap! $33.85 for one side and $38.54 for the other plus what ever they charge for 'handling' dry.gif unsure.gif mad.gif Oh mark....now I remember why I don't frequent the AA site
913B
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 21 2014, 09:52 AM) *

I'd guess about $2 a pop

I would be interested in a set.
mapguy
I would also be interested in a set, provided I can get my grill badge by the time you pop them biggrin.gif

poke.gif
Mikey914
I need to make templates for these still. other than that, I can do these as soon as I get a little time.
-Mark
walterolin
I need two sets.

And I got my grill badges, they are nice!
BeatNavy
Yes, Mark, that would be swell to have these available. I went under my car last weekend to figure out why my heater isn't "blasting my ass" like I've been assured it should, and this was at least one source of lost heat and air movement. Tried to plug the gaps temporarily with some excess rubber from some other seals I bought from you, but that's only a kluge. And it's 18 degrees this morning. wacko.gif
cary
Mark do you need a couple for making patterns?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.