Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: when installing PMB r control arm bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
a local member has his car in my garage and we all ready did the f strut inserts. now moving to the back of the car. do eric's bushings require any sort of high pressure grease on the bushings prior to install? eric must be busy, jim left him a phone message.
Black22
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 20 2014, 10:03 AM) *

a local member has his car in my garage and we all ready did the f strut inserts. now moving to the back of the car. do eric's bushings require any sort of high pressure grease on the bushings prior to install? eric must be busy, jim left him a phone message.

I believe there is a video (or a couple of them) on YouTube from Eric. I did this recently and used Hi Temp Disc Brake wheel bearing grease. Not a lot, but a liberal amount.

Try this one, start watching the video at the 9 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0as7HlXDj6M

Have fun!
914_teener
I did a thread on this last Summer.

When I talked to Erc....he had me bond the bushings to the control arms with JB Weld.

I then shaved them down so that the serrated shoulder on the pivot arm engaged the console mount.

I installed a zerk fitting on each bushing and there was a recommendation for the grease from Eric... a slicone product...I'll have to find the thread as I have run out since I installed mine.

That was two Summers ago...no problems.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.