Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: air fan connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GreatPumpkin
I was wondering why my air fan wouldn't work so when I went to look at the connection behind the ash tray I realized that three wires were not connected at all. im guessing that would be the problem. dry.gif anyway I was wondering if you guys could help me out in telling me which wire goes to which connection. I have a white and yellow wire, a white and green wire and an all white wire. I was wondering if you guys could tell me which is the correct connection for each wire. Thanks!
walterolin
Left spade would be white, center would be white/green, and right would be white/yellow. On the other side, not visible in your picture, is a fourth spade which is brown/white in my car. The schematic in Haynes shows this to be a red/white. And there is a short brown ground wire attached to the pivot arm which would be just out of the picture at the bottom. This should be plugged into a nearby ground spade.

I took this info from my notes which I made when I pulled the controls last year. I have a 1970. Wait till someone else chimes in and offers confirmation before you try it out.

Olin

GreatPumpkin
so starting farthest back it the correct sequence would be white, white/green, and then white/yellow. I also have a 1970.
walterolin
Yes, if "farthest back" means the spade with the red and yellow wires in the background.
GreatPumpkin
thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.