Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of Dan's Big Party
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
pete-stevers
a few pics from Dan's party...
this is what the car looked like before lunch..... IPB Image
pete-stevers
Here is a few of the guys discussing the possibility of getting this little teener back on the road...track car anyone??? IPB Image
pete-stevers
Dans other side.... His back side... in all of my pics all I got was the backside of his head...perhaps a ittle camera shy...perhaps a shitty photographer...
pete-stevers
A sweet little six, shiny and orange gettin a little wet.... IPB Image
When is the next get togather???? IPB Image
pete-stevers
oops here it is IPB Image
Bleyseng
I dunno, but I bet Korijo would love to have a meet at his place so we could all help to finish the flares.....
Part Two of Flaremaking 101

Geoff
Korijo
IPB Image IPB Image
Root_Werks
So, here is the pictures that I took from Saturday. Again, I had the best time! IPB Image Thanks everyone for coming over and yeah, absolutly we will plan another get together. Don't think we will be IPB Image another 914, but a 914 social would be great!

I lable this one, the quiet before the storm. IPB Image
Root_Werks
A shot of the victom before the vultures arrived. IPB Image
Root_Werks
And the front. Most everything on the front was sold. As in fogs, valance, front clip, gas tank etc. It made me feel good to know at least this car would help to keep others on the road. IPB Image
Bleyseng
Post a weekend and lets see the interest. Better contact John and he could preview that CD for us all too.
Maybe even sell that CD and plenishing disc to a few guys.

Geoff IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Root_Werks
Dave catching a little oversteer with his new 914/wheelchair. IPB Image IPB Image that rocked! rocking nana.gif
Eddie's 914-6 2.7 in the background.
Root_Werks
Rich munching some of the sasauge. Dam, that was good stuff. Thanks for firing up the grill Rich! I seemed to have my hands full of 914 parts most of the day. IPB Image
Root_Werks
And the last couple of shots. The 914's last hours. IPB Image This was the front end I wound up pulling the dash skeleton from, steering rack, colum and anything else I could unbolt. I had to cut it up into about 4 smaller sections. One of the people at the recycling center started giving me looks. "Is that a car your putting in there?" IPB Image IPB Image
Root_Werks
And there you go, the last of it being recycled. Don't let the undercoating fool you. This 914 sat with about 2-3 inches of water inside the car. The whole center tube was rusted and under the tar/sound stuff was tons of rust. IPB Image But, many, many of the parts got gobbled up! IPB Image The 914 is gone now.
red914
kind of sad, but in the wake of such a grand day, not too sad! IPB Image

i knew i should have taken those front calipers, just for spares! opportunity lost... IPB Image

thanks again, Dan, for throwing such an awesome party. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

and who knows, i may come groveling for that hood some day soon after all. IPB Image

-shane
kafermeister
Looks like an awesome party Dan. Thanks for posting the pics. I love to see project pics of 914s, whether they're going together or coming apart (permanently). IPB Image

Rick
sixnotfour
Better contact John and he could preview that CD for us all too.
Maybe even sell that CD and plenishing disc to a few guys.

Pony Up , support the local talent. He has a post here and other places, You just have order it.
I already got mine. 40 bucks , you can watch it 100 times. If he charged per "how to" question hed be a millionare. Sorry about the rant, Jeff

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...&hl=flare+video
scotty914
looks like fun, justa a little far from me. in my neck of the woods we dont need sawzalls we just fold at the rust points

BTW did my door jam stuff come out okay, if not i have another source
Root_Werks
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jan 24 2005, 09:28 AM)
looks like fun, justa a little far from me. in my neck of the woods we dont need sawzalls we just fold at the rust points

BTW did my door jam stuff come out okay, if not i have another source

Sorry Scott, it didn't. The pass side was IPB Image and I didn't bother with the drivers side after all the IPB Image started. IPB Image
tdgray
Wow who's the hot tool-wench? IPB Image Mrs Root?

Not coveting Dan just commenting...a very pretty lady indeed.
Root_Werks
Actually, that is Dave's wife (Cory?). Which Daaaaaaave, I think she left a bag in our house? If so, let me know.

Nah, my wife took off. Didn't want to see her car all cut up. IPB Image That's okay, we will find another one. IPB Image
Eddie914
Dan,

Thanks for a great time! Sorry I arrived late and left early! It's hard getting much free time during "tax season" for us CPA types.

I was trying to join in and get my hands on a IPB Image. It was hard to get a IPB Image in edgewise between everyone! What a great bunch of vultures! At least I got to get my hands on a few IPB Image !

Great to meet everyone in person!

On the way back to Alki Beach I took Hwy. 99 through the Battery Street Tunnel ... megaphones and webers at 6,000 rpm ... fabulous music! I think I scared a few of the other drivers!

If anyone is interested in a non-914 specific Gearhead gathering, we meet on the first Tuesday of every month and talk motorsports and tip a few IPB Image . This month we are meeting at a classic car restoration shop in West Seattle. Steve Barnes shows up often. He has raced a 914 in Conference for many years. He has had a dozen or more 914s at his place in Olympia. Many have met the same fate as the car at Dan's ... used to keep other 914s on the road.

Thanks Again!

Eddie
914werke
Wow, mondays IPB Image
Yea good time, I figured we would have had more of that car cut up but evan after 30yrs they dont go quietly IPB Image
This one had the "suprise" rust inside the long under the hellhole. It didnt look compromised from the outside until you cut it open and saw how REALLY bad it was. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Dan I found a screwdriver rattling around behing the headlight bucket when I pulled the clip from my trkand I somehow ended up with a utility knife IPB Image I'll drop them off as I wanna ride my bike perhaps tommoro and need an excuse to go outta my way. (we need a smiley pulling a wheelie on a bike!)
Next ones prolly at my hous & cut up the Blk car! IPB Image
bare 1
Ya Dan Great fun!! I wanted that windshield But oh well. . If they cut it out with a razor knife they earned it!!! Next time I'll get to the party sooner. It was good to meet all you guys although I can't remember half your names. I need to use em a bit more. Senior moments are creeping closer--- or lasting longer I'm not sure which. Interesting I never watched an autopsy on a car before!!! Rust in some hidden places. For any body whose interested I'm Robin I'm the 3rd guy in the second pic of the post . Hunt ,Eddie and me. Next time Ill come earlier and more prepared. I actually own tools too !!! Later.. IPB Image
sixnotfour
Rich, before you start a thread remember I need the tailight panel IPB Image .
rhodyguy
i would like to host a gathering in mid april. when the 200 odd rhododendrons are in full bloom. lots of parking. maybe a potluck and informal swapmeet. the flowers will give the better halfs something to do other than listen to the car crap.

k
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jan 25 2005, 07:32 AM)
i would like to host a gathering in mid april. when the 200 odd rhododendrons are in full bloom. lots of parking. maybe a potluck and informal swapmeet. the flowers will give the better halfs something to do other than listen to the car crap.

k

I would be there with the wife! Rody's rock. rocking nana.gif

Craig also mentioned maybe putting something together at CAMP914 this year? If he does, I would go as well. IPB Image
red914
wow, kevin's place and a trip to camp! IPB Image it truly sounds like the deal.

Dan, you will love Kevin's yard/garden; it is truly amazing! and camp, well, don't all the kewl kids want to go to camp? IPB Image
Root_Werks
QUOTE (red914 @ Jan 25 2005, 08:22 AM)
wow, kevin's place and a trip to camp! IPB Image it truly sounds like the deal.

Dan, you will love Kevin's yard/garden; it is truly amazing! and camp, well, don't all the kewl kids want to go to camp? IPB Image

I even had this stupid idea of bringing a tent and camping in Craigs yard! IPB Image IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.