Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Needing a big favor, I need to borrow a set of webbers and manifold!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am starting this post as not all of you follow the copious Bus thread (link in my sig below).

I have been developing a CIS based system for the 3.1L corvair engine in it. It worked well enough to do a large circle route around Lake Ontario....but then it started messing up and has sat for months now. I am moving and dont want to tow it and would love to use it to actually haul stuff (shocker). So, it is time to switch to dependable and easier - Webber 3C or Zenith carbs.

What I need is a set of carbs big enough to feed a 3.1 with mild cams, and the manifolds as I do not have any of this. I am not looking to buy as I am trying to same my $$$ to prove I have enough to the mortgage people to secure my loan. However, if I have to buy I have to buy and I will make do. But, I thought I would as here first. I can trade labor wink.gif

Thanks for your consideration.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, I am partially carb stupid so recommendations for size, or other important parameters is welcome smile.gif
Dr Evil
If I were to buy a set, if it comes to that, what size would I be looking for? I see some Zenith cores and NOS ones on ebay. No idea if they would work. Also, dont the Weber and Zeniths use different manifolds? I would hate to go back to the 4bbl Holley as I sold all of my major pieces. I do have a special manifold to fit the heads.....idea.gif
billh1963
Starr Cooke is the man for corvair carbs. He sells on eBay and you can probably google him as well. He might be a good resource to see what options you have.
r_towle
I think it might be easier for you to get someone to give you a 911 six cylinder motor and put in something people actually understand.....
scotty b
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2014, 05:49 PM) *

I think it might be easier for you to get someone to give you a 911 six cylinder motor and put in something people actually understand.....

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 2 2014, 09:09 PM) *

Starr Cooke is the man for corvair carbs. He sells on eBay and you can probably google him as well. He might be a good resource to see what options you have.

Well aware of him. He is located in my home town and is the guy that did my heads. I am planing on going with a 2bbl Holley 350 per the recommendations from the Corvair forum. Cheap and easy and should get the bus to OH under its own power.

As for webers, I will likely go PMO if I go that way. Might as well spend for a system that is better and works without a lot of dicking around. Who knows, I may like the 2bbl.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 2 2014, 09:49 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.