Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tilton, Quartermaster, etc Clutches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
What splines and disk are you guys using for your Tilton 3 disk clutch systems. Where are you getting your flywheels?
Otmar
I used a 7-1/4" triple copper disc unit.
Originally on the stock 914 trans but using a smallblock ford V-8 flywheel pattern. Got drawings of the adaptor on my site. So far it all takes well over 1000 ft/lb without slipping.

I have a spare set of stock splined discs that I don't need since when I upgraded to the 930 box it needed the larger splines. I'll let them go cheap! IPB Image

Don't know if that helps any since it was all pretty custom.
Thorshammer
Although I have a six for my EP car. The flywheel comes from Fidanza. Order now if you want something by the spring. They have aluminum flywheels for type 4 motors I am told. As far as the clutch goes Tilton 5.5 twin disc with standard splines, just call them they are very knowledgable. The release bearing can be tricky, but I think you could use the standard bearing with a reducer for this clutch. I had to engineer a hydraulic release bearing due to my odd (Hewland)transmission config.
Pics enclosed

Erik Madsen
Britain Smith
Here is a picture of WEVO's flywheel on the tube frame 914 car.

IPB Image

And here is the throw-out bearing.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.