Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Project 914-LT1 Canadian V8 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ajracer
Greetings Fellow teeners !

Now that the COLD weather has arrived with - 5 F temperatures and the snow has
just hit Toronto hard, so I thought it would be a good time to post a new thread and
share my excitement with getting started with my V-8 conversion and build-up of the
vehicle. Let’s say I am not new to automotive, but have been in hibernation for over
twenty years. Porsche's are new to me; but German engineering is not since I used
to race formula vee (VW powered) many years ago in Atlantic Canada.

I should also mention that I am not a mechanic or ever received any "formal" training
in mechanics, but I have been around karts, motorcycles, hot rods and race cars for
more years than my 31 yr. old teener. I have build up a few Chevy small blocks and
always had good success, never any problems with good old faithful since they are
a strong and reliable engine made in the US of A, or Canada of course ! I have more
recently spent two years restoring and a complete build up of 1972 Super Beetle for
my beloved daughter. So I have been rehoning my skills in bodywork, welding, painting,
engine building, mechanics, etc. Now after acquiring a very nice Porsche 914 from
Florida that belonged to a deceased family friend, I thought this would be a good time
to bring the teener to my garage and begin this challenging CONVERSION. See for me I
get the Best of Both Worlds with a P-car and a Chevy engine ! What more could a guy
want ?

Anyways I should start my thread discussion and info for others than might be interested.
Like every conversion we all have different ideas of what we want, how
we thing it should be done, what we "think" might need to be replaced, upgraded,
purchased or re done with modern or better materials and or technology ! I will share
more about this as time progresses and my thread grows; like others some things will
follow the "suggested" course taken by most within the V-8 conversion scene; But
other things and ways will be unique or different, for many reasons and maybe just
because that's the way I think is best in my eyes.

So off I go with the basic info and some of the reasons I got here. The 914 is in very
good condition according to my inspection and the key areas as suggested by the
knowledgeable ones. The car is a 1974 former 2.0 liter with a custom added roll bar
setup, which when I last looked tied into the rear suspension and side longitudinals.
The car is complete and together except for the Engine and Transmission; the purchase
also included Rod Simpson Conversion Kit with many parts, installation manual, parts
supplier list, etc; also included were a couple sets of HD rear springs, fiberglass GT
flares and rocker panels. Pictures of the car will follow after I complete the engine
build-up, then I will bring my baby in out of the cold for some tender loving care (and
a photo session) The body does require some minor body work and paint, but that
will likely not follow until the conversion is completed and car is sorted out and driving.
A good project for next winter being the bodywork.

Engine is going to be a Chevy Camaro LT1 (1995) 350 cu.in. with aluminum heads, and
other light weight components. The engine was dismantled before Christmas and sent
off to the automotive machine shop for necessary work I required, while I purchased
the new rebuild parts from my supplier friend in Halifax, NS. (wholesale purchase of
course) Got the engine pieces all back from the machine shop about two weeks ago
and thus have slowly started the rebuild assembly process. According to my engine
guy, with a little work on the heads, pistons, etc. it should make about 375 HP with 350
ft.lbs of torque. Hopefully it will perform nicely in a 2400 lbs. Porsche ! Check out the
attached photo of partially completed short block with yours truly !

Until next time have a great day and keep to those New Year’s Resolutions !
Quit drinking, Quit smoking, Quit speeding, etc !!!!! Forget it who am I kidding !

PS. What does a 914 drive like with 375 HP ? I don’t even know what a 914 drives
like since I have never honestly even been in one, before I bought mine (sight unseen)
Someone said something about it handles like a dream, and great G-force if you have
the guts to push and hang on tight !
soloracer
Welcome aboard! Keep us posted and remember to take lots of pictures.
neo914-6
Allan,
IPB Image BTW, what tranny will you run?
Andyrew
Great! Another sbc!!!

To answer your question, Its alot of throttle induced oversteer... lol

I find myself driving normal, and every so often... just because, I blip the throttle going around a corner spirited.. and Whip goes the rear end...

Its, well.... Instant power. Like, hmm, 5th gear. cruzing at 30. I think I want to go 40, 1/4 throttle for 2 seconds. bam, your at 40. You find yourself driving with just feathering the throttle... Daily driving requires 1/16 to 1/8 throttle... and instant torque.. Did I say instant torque? ok, think of any muscle car you've been in.. Think how responsive that is... Multiply it by 2. Bam.

Powerband is idle to redline... get it up in the rpms (with a moderate camshaft, which I think is a good idea to give it a sporty feel...) and its all a matter of how much balls you've got to keep your foot in....

I know one of the main things I like about my car, is the sound and feel. That big rattly engine behind you.. shaking the car violently at stoplights gets attention.... and its a good attention.. and the sound when the secondary's kick in? God...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...2654&hl=exhaust

and page two for with the mufflers on it... (and wide open throttle drive by (short))

You wont be dissapointed.
givory
...Allan , as you know - 914's are an extremely rare sight on the roads around Toronto ... I'll be looking [listening?] for yours. But there's lots of local expertise available if you need it. There are four in vintage racing locally, so when this snow melts in June, come out to Mosport and meet the gang. I'm #58 below[2.0L six] ...
Gavin
MecGen
I am going to watch this thred IPB Image
I've been thinking about it, thinking about it ...
Can't wait to see how the cooling/rad sytem going to look, IPB Image
Thumbs up
Joe
Mark Henry
Hi....sounds like a cool project.

Yep there's local help if you need it...plus this club!

I hate body work so I get Mike's914 (in Colborne) to do it. His prices on paint jobs are pretty good, he knows 914's and turn's them around fast.
He also does service and has new and used parts.

There is also Harmony Road in Oshawa...Alex is good but a bit spendy.

Plus porschapart.com (or something like that) in T.O.

I can't help you because I'm the air-cooled engine guy. IPB Image

Welcome to the club!
Cheers Mark
marks914
You will love driving the car. My V8 car has about 100 less HP than you are going to have and it still hits 60 in 4 flat. You should consider different gearing for that power/torque. I had my 901 converted to a 4 speed with the taller gears and it feels like an old camaro or mustang. I wish I would have done it sooner. Unless youv'e got the big bucks then go with the 930 box.
Mark
here is my V8 car:
bondo
Sweet, another LT1 conversion! (I'm doing one too) Mine is out of a 1993 Firebird. How are you planning to resolve the water pump issue? Are you using the stock injection system?
ajracer
Greetings to INTERESTED V-8 teeners; Progress today and another photo

Bondo, the water issue for me has always been to use the RSH conversion externally
mounted water pump the same as most other conversions. So in order to do that I
needed to fabricate special LT1 type water adapters as sent on the front of my engine
below. These didn’t get welded at the correct angles I wanted but they will work fine.
Because the LT1 is reverse flow cooling (water flows through the heads 1st. then down
through the engine block) I wanted to make sure I was addressing this properly, at
least in my own mind. The two OUTPUTS from the External water pump will run across
the top of the block and connect to the top two fittings Block INPUTS, while the bottom
two Block OUTOUTS will connect into a remote thermostat housing, to be located near
the top of the block with a mounting adapter. The OUPUT from the thermostat housing
is about 1.25” diameter and this will then be reduced and run back to the radiator. All
the fittings are made to accept 0.75” water hose. One major modification being done
today is to the actual External Water pump, because the older style RSH pump has a
small opening which in turn is half restricted further when the threaded elbow is
inserted into the water pump. My solution was to locate a standard GM thermostat
housing and then have my friend at their machine shop, do the following: cut the inlet
to about 1.25”, mill it flat, then drill, countersink and tap bolts into the rear housing of
the water pump, then the GM thermostat can be bolted to the back of the water pump
and no restriction. There are some other modifications or changes that may follow if I
believe or find any restrictions to overall cooling system. Another reason behind using
the above setup also revolved around the idea that since I am using aluminum cylinder
heads/intake manifold that my engine should run cooler than many other 914
conversion. (If not I will drive it on cold days like yesterday with - 5 F. or a 75 F
summer day)

In regards to the Fuel Injection System and my solution. Let me say that I am really
interested in going with fuel a injection system, however my plan is to use the stock
manifold, injectors, etc. controlled by a MegaSquirt fully programmable controller.
HOWEVER, this will require a little more time and thought because I also want to
be able to handle the fully programmable ignition at the same time. I have everything
I need to do this now except for the MegaSquirt components, and some custom
fabricated intake items to relocate the throttle body butterfly. Because I believe there
will be limited space at the front of the engine I am going to side mount the above
mentioned throttle body and thus need to fabricate up an adapter and air filter setup.
THUS for now I am going with a special GM LT1 performance manifold and carburetor.
I already have the manifold, which includes the provision for a standard rear mounted
(old style) distributor, with a special bronze gear as required according to the Chevy
boys who build up these late model small blocks. I will also be converting to electronic
ignition which will have me closer to converting to fully programmable down the road.

For anyone considering V8 conversion, DON’T use an LT1 if you can get another Engine
like an LS1, or an earlier SBC before 1991. There are many reasons, but the main one I
learned earlier today from GM dealer was that the LT1 was a limited build by GM for
only six years and they replaced it with the LS1. Parts already are becoming hard to
find especially the smaller minor type parts. For all those wondering minds, WHY did I
choose the LT1 ? really simple, I had thought it was similar to most all the earliest 350’s
and it is in many ways, but in other ways it is unique, especially with regards to the
Opti-Spark, timing cover and front Gear driven water pump ! A close observation of the
timing cover may reveal a massage with my die grinder to get the cover to clear the
water adapters and balancer when properly assembled. For now just position for a
photo shoot. But I got a great deal on this used engine with Aluminum heads and
thought I couldn’t pass up this deal. Only to learn later that it needed a complete
rebuild because a bearing had turned on a connecting rod and also damaged the crank,
which is the reason I have replaced a few key items and prepared for a complete
rebuild. Thus after getting everything back from the engine shop I have begun not only
my V8 conversion but the engine rebuild assembly.

Mark Henry, Sorry about not being able to do any Air-Cooled business with you right
now, because I have received great reports on your workmanship and referral if I
ever needed assistance. Maybe we can talk later when I start my phase II of the 1972
Super Beetle project which includes installation of a 2.0 liter porsche type IV engine
along with 901 five speed tranny. Might be an easy project after completing this one !

Gavin thanks for the invite to Mosport, it would be a lot of fun but not so sure your
other P-car friend would share your enthusiasm; but hey if you can pull the strings then
how could a former racer ever turn down that offer ! (Would the 911 turbo guys mind if
a 914 kick their butts ?; just a thought, maybe I could remove a couple of spark plugs
or something. Just some light humor don’t take me too seriously)

Thanks to all for your input and the shared thrills of driving a 914 – V8; sounds exciting
and very fun to drive. I greatly appreciate the opinions and information found within the
914Club as well as the community spirit of helping others out when and wherever
possible, that’s a good thing in this day and age we live in ! It is much appreciate by me
and others. Until next time.

PS Sorry for being so long winded but can anyone tell that I am Insurance Salesman ?
Mark Henry
Maybe we can talk later when I start my phase II of the 1972
Super Beetle project which includes installation of a 2.0 liter porsche type IV engine
along with 901 five speed tranny. Might be an easy project after completing this one !

Thank you sir!

The 901 in a bug is a pain...do-able but a lot of work for one extra gear. A built bug box isn't that expensive and it bolts in.

I have a DTM fan shroud here for you when you want to slip that T4 in your bug.

Cheers IPB Image
neo914-6
My solution was to locate a standard GM thermostat
housing and then have my friend at their machine shop, do the following: cut the inlet
to about 1.25”, mill it flat, then drill, countersink and tap bolts into the rear housing of
the water pump, then the GM thermostat can be bolted to the back of the water pump
and no restriction. There are some other modifications or changes that may follow if I
believe or find any restrictions to overall cooling system

This is how the current Renegade water pump is designed.
ajracer

Progress Report # 2

Things are moving along slowly as I have decided to make some changes and try to improve upon some of the older RSH components and methods of actually completing the conversion. The LT1 long block is completed and just need to handle the carb and distributor along with some minor items.

The tranny (Audi type) is being considered and thus needed to fabricate my own adapter plate, along with tranny mounts, shifter, clutch linkage, etc. This is also moving along fine, with a few challenges. I now actually have my 914 in the driveway which will shortly be finding it's way into the garage and begin the process of preparation for the LT1 installation. Will also be installing and beefing up the trailing arms, and some suspension mounting areas and possbile seam welding additional areas as maybe considered necessary. Have already given serious consideration to colling systems and planning to use a similar system to the Jaidecar with the inlet for the radiator at the front and the outlet in the "Bottom of the front trunk" ANY COMMENTS or thoughts on this being a good method or reasons why not would be greatly appreciated.

Well that about covers it for now and will provide additional info and photos of the progress. All the best

Allan

PS. Anyone have a set of "shorty headers available, ideally in Canada or close
Niagara Falls, NY where I have a postal box and accessible UPS depot.
neo914-6
planning to use a similar system to the Jaidecar with the inlet for the radiator at the front and the outlet in the "Bottom of the front trunk" ANY COMMENTS or thoughts on this being a good method or reasons why not would be greatly appreciated.

Allan,
Mine was converted to Renegade radiator but still exhausts out the bottom from the original Jaide configuration. The only warning I've heard is since the trunk bottom is structural, reinforcement is recommended around the opening. I haven't done anything but haven't stressed it enough to notice flex. I also don't have a front swaybar yet. Scott at Renegade has some tubing welded from the back bulkhead of the front trunk to the floor near the headlights.

I do like how that design lays the radiator down and allows spare tire and small storage on top. clap.gif If you can make it work. I've seen many types of radiators that work, I just took the easy way out with the Renegade system...
Mark Henry
Allan was up here on the weekend...nice guy.

I look foward to seeing his project some day.
ajracer
Progress report; had some trouble adding the photos so I will try again

See Below

Allan
ajracer
Photos # 2 showing the custom adapter plate
ajracer
UPDATE

Started yesterday on the rear suspension and specifically working on the broken
control arm mount bolt; which was removed with an extractor along with some
persuation with my torch. Also got sandblast the control arms and weld in the
re-inforcement kit, after grinding the welds I moved on to cleaning degreasing and
preparation for painting soon. Slow process but also rewarding in seeing actual
progress. Photos attached for reference only.

Allan
ajracer
Another Photo after installing the re-inforcement
914gt40
Nice going Allan! beerchug.gif

Would love to see more pics and have more info of your transaxle and adapter plate,

neo914-6
Joe,
That looks like the car recently sold on eBay. Post some pics of the GT40 donor! biggrin.gif I'm adding you to the list (see link below my signature)
serge914
Hi Joe Welcome to the club. agree.gif
Garland
QUOTE (ajracer @ Jan 23 2005, 12:08 AM)
I have more
recently spent two years restoring and a complete build up of 1972 Super Beetle for
my beloved daughter.

Let's see a picture of that 72 Bug. Like mine?
Picture from Woodward dream cruise 2002
ajracer
Garland:

Yes I like your Beetle very nice car !!
Sorry I don't have any pictures available since my baby is in storage for
the winter, BUT let me say this if we were parked side by side at 100 yds
you would not likely be able to tell which one you owned and which one
was the Canadian cousin from Toronto.

Yes my baby is also a yellow with black interior, stock exterior other than
slightly lowered in the front struts, has a 1641 engine with standard carb.
Phase II was to install a Porsche 2.0 which I already have a complete one
rebuilt (long block) in my garage. Then came the interruption to my plan a 914
showed up in my driveway and now I have a new love !! and she requires
my daily attention !! (Photo to follow if and when I locate one for the VW)

Allan
Quebecer
Hi Allan,

Welcome to the 914Club!

Great work on the LT-1, looks good, keep it up!

You're lucky not to have to tackle structural reparations of your baby like most of us do, before we can even think of upgrading the engine.

See you around!

Dan

ajracer
Progress Report # 3

Well things are moving along, howbeit sometimes slower than I wish, but with wife,
baby daughter and two in college there are"Other Things" that demand our time !
The rear control arms have been prepared and are now ready to reinstall, picked up
a new set of Koni rear struts and Koni front struts recently. I also have a set of HD
new rear springs which I have installed on the rear struts; so ready to go. Used 911
front strut housings were purchased with "3.5 inch spacing" for some bigger brakes.
I have a set of Wilwood racing type calipers which I plan to install and use for the
short term; need to locate 30mm front rotors to bolt to my 944 front hubs (hopefully
I can use them since they look workable ??) For the rears I have 944 turbo calipers and
will be running Carrera rotors. Will need to fab some type of caliper adapter ! Anyone
have a template or suggestion (from 3.0" to 3.75" spacing on rear calipers mounts ??)

While picking up parts the other day I also scored a new set of turbo tie rods, 20mm
torsion bars, stainless steel hoses, and 911 rear five bolt hubs. (Looking for used
spacers soon for my late model ROH wheels, likely need 1.5 - 2.0" spacers/adapters.
Right now just getting some machine work done through a friend, and getting ready
to attach the engine tranny combo and then looking for 100mm C/V and axle combo.
Which I understand the VW Bus is a good place to start and they also will handle the
rear axle angles better than stock 914 axles.

The "Hell Hole" I THOUGHT was great and never needed any work ! but after a serious
examination of the area and the unibody I decided to upgrade and install additional
reinforcement in front of the trailing arms. I do have a ROLL BAR - CAGE unit installed
by the PO, but I just wanted to make sure everything is the way I want it and that I am
comfortable with it. I have also enclosed a picture showing the roll bar. Photos are
attached below in no specific order since I'm not real good with the posting methods
and computer technical stuff, but I try my best.

Allan
ajracer
Many More Photos to follow:
ajracer
another
ajracer
another, another ....
ajracer
and more
ajracer
hell hole# 2
ajracer
Was $ 50 a good deal on NEW Koni Front 911 Struts ?

I thought it was for adjustable ones

Allan
ajracer
Garland:

Here's a photo of my VW getting ready to put back on the street next month. As you can see the snow is gone from Toronto for this winter.
Now back to that 914 - twin 4 (chev 350 !)

Cheers;

Allan
Garland
Allan,
Great looking bug, I like the color! Glad you found a picture to post. If you don't know SNOW is falling in Michigan big time.
ajracer
Greetings teeners !

Looking at the photos of the WCC in California makes me a little 914 home sick; seeing all the great machines and the uniqueness each person brings to their vehicle It is really great to have another family to belong (914 club family). Trust everyone is doing well and looking forward to a great summer season with their teener. I am personally hoping to get things moving ahead quickly and ion the road this summer before the snow flies again in Toronto later this year.

Seems we ALL run into more work than planned, and the old 914’s always need that extra TLC just like our families and other we hold close to our hearts. Well here’s an update on the project and where things are TODAY !

-Front Wilwood racing calipers, medium pads, home made spacers 5mm, new 911 koni struts/ boge housings, 944 rotors, new bearings, new brakes hoses, ball joints replaced, etc everything is tight and solid and should be ready to roll on the front suspension.

- Rear suspension requires a little more work but to date, new koni rear struts, high ratio springs, new axle bearings, modified control arms (for 944 turbo calipers), caliper shims, five bolt hubs, large 911 stub axles and wheel spacers. In addition welding in place of steel support and side braces along the rear part of the “longs’ where they meet the outer control arm mounts, every little bit helps, right ?

- Coolant lines and radiator set-up has begun and moving along. What a slow process of measuring, calculating, gently bending, measuring, re-measuring and then more gentle bending of the coolant lines. In my case I decided to use thick wall Aluminum tubing, since I thought it would be better and relatively easy to work with ! NOT so sure about the easy to work with part, even though I secured an professional pipe bender from a friend to help persuade the pipe. After seven hours with a friend any myself we got the dirt rotten “pipes” to go OUR way and they fit rather nicely up into the under carriage. In order to help prevent the hoses from coming off )under pressure) we decided to thread each end about 1 – 2” then I will seal and double clamp them to hopefully never move again. No welding of the aluminum just lots of bending and trial fitting. See the attached pictures, look quite good to me; then again we tried our best and this is it ! The radiator is a new three row high efficiency unit with corvette end tanks, and Toyota twin fans systems, with built in thermostat switch electronics (yet to be checked and make sure works at the temperature I desire for my Chevy) The actual radiator unit is about 30” x 18”, it will be a snug fit and make use of most of the front area of trunk enclosure will be a complete aluminum arrangement with the venting out the “bottom” as well a removable top sections to allow easy access to the hoses, temperature sensors and anything else that might be necessary from time to time. (See attached trial fitting of radiator.) Hopefully I may even have a little bit of storage space in the front.

Next I will need to finish up the Radiator installation and then move to the engine compartment in preparation for the engine tranny combination, hopefully within the next few weeks I can do a trial fitting and get some ideas if further modifications are going to be necessary. Progress is coming even though slow at times. Have a great day
ajracer
wilwood's
ajracer
radiator trial
ajracer
coolant lines
ajracer
Greetings V8 teeners:

Just thought I would post a couple of recent pictures from a trial fitment today
with the LT1 and after my friend Paul had stopped by a loaned me his engine
hoist. Still lots of work to actually do, but still hoping to do some cruising on the
streets of Toronto this summer.

Everything is moving a least forward, as well a braking some new ground as some
might notice form the attached photos. Already done most of the design work and
still planning to run a cable (kevlar disc) clutch set-up which is being made by a
local clutch shop in Toronto.

More photos and progress to follow soon. Thanks for checking out my project.

Allan

ajracer
another photos (YES the wood is just temporary for spacing and trail purposes)
ajracer
Last one for tonight
Aaron Cox
can you elaborate on your wilwood calipers?
ajracer
Aaron; what would you like to know.

The Wilwood's are installed on the front. I used the 911 Boge struts with
Koni inserts. The wilwood's mounting holes were also 3.5" apart, however
I needed to fabricate some spacer to correctly align the calipers with the
centre of the rotors. I believe they were about 5mm thick alumimum ones
which I cut out and then drilled on a cheap drill press. Since I acquired a
sdecent set of 944 front hubs and rotors I used these vented rotors with
the Wilwood calipers. (These are four pods, medium agressice pads, racing
with no dust shields; but mainly a weekend street machine with some AX
and possible solo 1 / 2 events).

Not sure if you want more info, but let me know specifics of what you want
to know I will try to assist. Good Luck

Allan

Photos below
ajracer
another photo
bondo
Ok, now can you elaborate on your transmission? smile.gif How are you going to shift it? What RPM will your highway cruise be? How hard was it to make it fit? (I figure my 901 won't last forever, and it looks like you're trail blazing)
redshift
Uh... yes... tell us all about that.

smile.gif

M
GWN7
Audi trans (he said so earlier) wink.gif but I'd like to hear the details too

biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Very cool! smilie_pokal.gif Show us more on the Audi box! clap.gif
ajracer
Gentlemen; here we go with INFO

Yes Bondo you are correct in that I am kind of trail blazing !
Or more like trial and error (hopefully not too many errors).

Let me first say that I wanted to keep this “project” an little secret until I had everything completed, after my designing, engineering and fabrication of the various components that have gone into this project. In saying that I am a very honest person but may have been a little vague with some issue, ESPECIALLY the fact concerning my transmission plans. Bruce; I did mentioned that many tranny plans included an “Audi type” transmission (seeing that the actual Porsche tranny components in this case are mfg. By Audi and include their insignia) BUT the actual fact is I decided to use a 1998 Boxster Five speed !!!! Sorry to be a little misleading but I wanted to keep quiet about this little “Canadian Project” car until basically completed.

There were many reasons for this choice, but the main one was that after I had purchased an aluminum 915 tranny, did my own extensive research and concluded I would need to spend another large sum of $$$ to upgrade for mid engine, gear ratios and then custom order shifter, etc, etc. Then at best I still had a “915” tranny which I understand even a Porsche 6 cyl. can destroy !

SO here I am with a V8 Chev 350 LT1 balanced , blue printed and a good BOXSTER transmission !!! Hopefully I will have the vehicle on the road within a month or two once I complete the installation of the various items necessary to roadworthiness.

I have not, nor do I actually plan to open the tranny or make any internal changes ! But I have fabricated my own set-up to retain the cable clutch operating unit back until the tranny. THEN I have added a lever linkage set up to activate the clutch arm within the Boxster tranny. The details of the actual flywheel, starter, pressure plate, clutch disc will likely remain a private issue at this time. As well the actual engine tranny adapter plate is also a custom item I designed and fabricated which has some unique features. In all this has been a challenging project of looking for potential problems and then developing solution before the problems materialized. Yes there will likely be additional problems, challenges and hopefully more solutions; thus the challenge of trail blazing !! I guess I am a bit of a risk taker, willing to try something new or different with the hope of getting a different of better result when completed. Time will tell !!!

Gear ratios should be acceptable for V8, the shifter is “Stock" Boxster transplanted with an adapter plate into the original 914 shifter mount. The Boxster CABLE SHIFTER is a great work of art and one that I am really pleased with !! As you can notice from the last couple of photos this is really only a trial fitting and I need to locate the sweet spot for the engine and then fabricate a tranny mount and start getting ready to roll down the side streets of Toronto.

I will also try a attached a couple of additional photos that may indicate some of the progress along the way regarding this tranny set-up. Once completed and operational I would be more than pleased to provide additional feedback and possible supply custom components should some others be interested in using either the Boxster Five speed or even Six speed tranny. (Yes they are different but the solutions necessary to use with a V8 are similar). Thanks again for following along and happy motoring teeners !!

Allan
bondo
smilie_pokal.gif

Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.