Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the down side to having a tail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
For all of you guys with snow, feel lucky you don't live aroung here. That's ICE!!
xsboost90
i feel ya brother. - widebody project im working on.
scotty b
Not as bad as we usually get but DAMN. 1 inch. On the + side the car has been sitting for 6 days, turned over 4 times and fired right up!! Try that with yur carbs!
John Kelly
QUOTE (xsboost90 @ Jan 23 2005, 11:16 AM)
i feel ya brother. - widebody project im working on.

I'd like to get me evil clutches on that!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
scotty b
If you need flares X, the white 944 in the background of my first pic is for parts!!rears are good, front driver is good, front pass needs work but is definitly workable IPB Image IPB Image
xsboost90
well the 24 will look like this when im done..
scotty b
OOOOHHHHHHH that kind of wide body IPB Image What are you doing engine wise? Is this going to be a track car? IPB Image
carambola
now that is a fat ass, or is that phat
spare time toys
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jan 23 2005, 04:08 PM)
If you need flares X, the white 944 in the background of my first pic is for parts!!rears are good, front driver is good, front pass needs work but is definitly workable IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image Tell me more about the rears on the white one. Im thinking I need to replace the gt glass ones on the German 8 tor IPB Image
scotty b
IPB Image Not sure how much more to tell, steel 944, doesn't apear to have been hit, the car has 7 layers of paint (including purple)(no not aubergine, pimp house purple!!) I bought the car for parts so I don't know the history as far as any damage. Let ma know if you have any specific ?'s
spare time toys
How much width would I gain putting the rears on instead of the GT style fiberglass I have. Im thinking they would go better with the nose treatment on my car.
scotty b
I don't know about the diff in width, but the 944 flares will take some serious work to adapt to a 914. the end result would look very similar to John Kelly's flares on his avatar (also on his web site, and now on his much anticipated video) I have done some quick measurements of the two cars and it is possible......... IPB Image
xsboost90
the 924s isnt mine, im working on it for a friend, although my car is almost exactly the same w/ d90 wheels. He plans on doing a 968 3.0L swap some time. If you are looking for some 944 rear flares, i have some that i got for my project but i dont think im gonna need them, the wheels fit in there ok as is.
xsboost90
this is how they were cut off... around the very edges and right off of the lip. Ther is plenty there to do the quarters on a 914 though. I was going to cut the lip off of the 914quarter except the very bottom, pull it out alittle, drop the flare into the wedge and weld it in after trimming it to fit.
neo914-6
Good idea on adapting the 944 flare, I considered 928 front flares too...
and now on his much anticipated video
It's (DVD) now available for $40...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.