Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIVERSIDE REGION PCA A-X SEASON!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MattR
Nice 1.8l laugh.gif
Trekkor
Have fun and post pics, soon...

I'm looking foward to seeing the 914cup times coming in.

When will someone post the schedule of upcoming events?

KT
Aaron Cox
im too poor to run this month ohmy.gif

ill spectate though
Joe Bob
I'm up and having coffee...see ya there....
skline
I am just now heading out there. What time does it start? Were me supposed to meet somewhere first?
MattR
I just got back. I didnt run (i didnt want to crate my 912 home in 2 pieces...), but my friend eric drove in his wrx. He got 2nd on the day. Only a new GT3 beat him (by .55 seconds). Does anyone have the complete results?
Aaron Cox
my favorate was the moron who spun the 944 onto the curb ohmy.gif
curtis
agree.gif
Sammy
Darwin award time, kid borrows his buddy's 944, the starter actually lets him go without a helmet on (it was sitting in the passenger seat), 1/4 mile later the kid hits the slalom going faster than he should, the helmet that was sitting in the passenger seat allegedly hits his hands and causes him to wreck the car up onto the curb totally smashing the front suspension.
who's the biggest dummy here, the guy who wrecked the car, the guy who loaned the car, or the starter who let hih go with the helmet in the passenger seat?
I give up.
Trekkor
Why aren't we seeing any pics from the a/x confused24.gif

KT
Brando
scott kline took pics.

some kid who rode in with eric took pics.

my dad (964guy) took pics.

lazy syndrome?
Trekkor
You guys are killing me.

I used to post last season INSTANTLY.
Why slack?

I was a freak, though wacko.gif Still am wink.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
calm down mr T....

we were all at the pre dunkel dinner ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
Trekkor
ok, ok, dry.gif

I just wish I was there to run it, too.

KT
Howard
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 5 2005, 09:23 PM)
ok, ok, dry.gif

I just wish I was there to run it, too.

KT

They called me from the preustabedunkeldinner to give me a raft for not being there. Didn't sound like we'll be getting too many pictures tonight beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Oooooh, that makes me so mad, I could tear a tissue. lol2.gif
CaliWRX
Some pics.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Trekkor
Go, Frankie, go!
Howard
Beauty may only be skin deep, but Frank is ugly to the bone. Thanks for the pix!
skline
Give me a few minutes to transfer and resize the pics and I will post them. I didnt take all that many, my batteries were not charged up to capacity. The videos took it way down. I got a few though.

Trekkor
Here we go... wink.gif

KT
skline
Here are the pics I took through out the day. Starting with the AX. I ran the course with my truck so they could test it and check where they needed more cones.

skline
There were some nice cars there. Some of my favorties of the locals.

I really like this Blue on that belongs to Sean (Curtis) on the club.
skline
More of the cars.
skline
This was very trick, too bad he only got to go around twice before something went wrong with the clutch.
skline
The car with the trick engine setup. It was I believe a 2.7? Big bore.
skline
Dad Roberts brought out the show pleaser. I took several shot of it. It got a lot of attention when he pulled in.
skline
I took several pictures of it but wont post them all. Just a couple to give you an idea of the work that went into this car and the design.
skline
Drivers meeting in the morning.
skline
Walking the track, that is Slits actually running to catch up to everyone as he pulled in late.
skline
That was it for the AX pictures, I took some video but the battery was going dead on me. This was at Dinner tonight.

EDIT: made it a bit lighter for ya. for the "gamma correction" challenged... ANDY
skline
Inside at Dinner
skline
Different angle, I wasnt in the outside shots as someone had to take the pictures.
skline
The cute waitress took the inside shots. This is the last picture. More tomorrow of the show/swapmeet.
skline
Now I am off to bed so I can get up early for the show. I am going by to pick up Joe Buckle at 6:30 and be there by around 7. See everyone that is coming tomorrow. smile.gif
skline
Oh, one more thing, a congrats should go out to Marv (Marvs3.2six) he smoked today in his first AX ever. What a fantastic machine he has. I think once he gets some more seat time, he will be unbeatable at AX. His car is amazing. He was 3rd fastest today. Good job!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Joe Ricard
OK Ya'll post your times for the 914cup. smilie_pokal.gif Someone has to knock me off the top spot.
na na na na! I'm getting faster .... Are you?

Oh sorry some of got that white shit all over the ground ... Snow or something like that. No excuses
Sammy
I just checked the Riverside PCA website, the results aren't posted yet.

I screwed up my first and second laps by trying different things or hitting cones, third lap was closer to mistake free. I realize I don't get to play in the 914 cup, but just for comparison:
1st 49.5
2nd 50.5
3rd 47.9

We didn't get the big lot yesterday, instead they gave us a smaller lot. Guess what that means?

Yep, the track was extremely tight (tightest and slowest I have ever seen), the only place on the track I could really use boost was on the first straightaway, and then only for a couple seconds. After that my car was a completely stock 911SC with 25 year old suspension.
Many of the exits of the turns were too fast for 1st gear and too slow for 2nd so i had to decide to either downshift to 1st during braking and risk over-revving at the turn-outs, or leave it in second and bog the engine.

In the first and second timed laps i did the downshift thing, third lap i said to heck with it and just left it in second all the way around. Looks like it worked much gooder, either that or it was just easier to handle.
1st gear on boost is not an easy way to exit a tight turn.
I had problems with the front end pushing in the real tight stuff, had to be real aggressive with the brakes to rotate the car, which is much better suited to higher speed stuff.

Slits get the trophy for "quickest to figure this AX stuff out". His first session he was all over the place, sliding and spinning, looked like a maytag washer. Kept the corner workers out of breath.

Second practice session he was smoother, more in control, but still an occasional spin or slide.

By the third practice session he was smooth and under control but still aggressive, pushing it but staying in the limits of the car. He seemed to keep the suspension from getting unsettled even while tossing the car.
His times were pretty consistant, right around 50.5 IIRC.
He went from completely out of control to "yep I got it figured out" in a matter of hours. I was impressed with the improvement.

Mikey looked like a madman in Franky, even though he is one of the most disciplined AX drivers I know. He rarely makes a mistake on the track, he is the perfect example of smooth and control. I sometimes think he isn't pushing hard enough, but that is the illusion of driving smooth. Sometimes fast looks slow.
Still, it's hard to look normal or under control in that wild car wink.gif
Franky ran flawlessly on the track, even though he had an electrical issue on the way down. I hate sparktricity.

Shawn's blue /six was a work of art, flawless looking and running, but he better check his right front tire for flat spots, it just might be square (like I have any room to talk) wink.gif I didn't see his time but I bet they were way down there.
Trekkor
Great write up ! Thanks.

Can't wait to run in March.

What were Z's times?

KT
Marv's3.6six
Guys I had a great time!!!
I am definitely hooked and will do the whole season!!
My best time was a 46.6 and a couple 47's so I am at the least consistant.
Funny thing is (no BS here) I was trying to go smooth versus going fast and I know where I can pick up a lil time.
What a hoot! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
See you guys at California Speedway in March.
SLITS
QUOTE (Sammy @ Feb 6 2005, 09:28 AM)

Slits get the trophy for "quickest to figure this AX stuff out". His first session he was all over the place, sliding and spinning, looked like a maytag washer. Kept the corner workers out of breath.

Second practice session he was smoother, more in control, but still an occasional spin or slide.

By the third practice session he was smooth and under control but still aggressive, pushing it but staying in the limits of the car. He seemed to keep the suspension from getting unsettled even while tossing the car.
His times were pretty consistant, right around 50.5 IIRC.
He went from completely out of control to "yep I got it figured out" in a matter of hours. I was impressed with the improvement.

The above was a paid endorsement for the old phart.

Z pumped in at about 51+....I know it was his dead alternator that was at fault or maybe it was my return "moon" as he took the course.

I went blind after he displayed his ass at the starting line. A wave of nausea swept over me and I was unable to control the car.

Driving while I was tapping with my white cane...I kicked his ass by a little over a second 50.012.

Did you ever notice that in a spin, your horn blows?
Sammy
Mikey's times were consistant 51 flat IIRC, which is not an easy thing to do with a car that has swing axles and very wide tires, hard to get that thing to rotate. His engine is also a higher revving type with not a great deal of low end grunt, again, his car like mine was better suited for a bigger track.
This track was best suited to 914s, with either strong 4s or big torquey sixes.
I gotta admit I was surprised at how well the GT3 did, we'll have to remember that the next time we start bashing water cooled engines.
(trying real hard to be fair and not take anything away from anybody).
J P Stein
I feel
the need
for speed.....Gees, tiar smoke, stinkey brakes.....diad cones
AAAUUUGGGHHH w00t.gif

OK, I'm better now. Back to strippin' paint. sad.gif

BTW, gud excusses, Sammy.
Sammy
Gud observation Slits, the horn does blow in a spin, for some more often than others.

Here's a test for the rest of us, you have to answer as quickly as possible:

You are hauling butt around a course, right on the edge, and your winsdhield wipers come on. Quick now, which way do you move the stalk to turn them off?

Ha ha, it's a trick question. You don't turn them off quickly, you do what I did. You fiddle with them for the remainder of the lap turning them on and off several times, trying to hold concentration but not doing a very good job of it, and then finally turn them off as you cruise through the pits as all your friends point and laugh.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Sammy @ Feb 6 2005, 11:45 AM)
Gud observation Slits, the horn does blow in a spin, for some more often than others.

Here's a test for the rest of us, you have to answer as quickly as possible:

You are hauling butt around a course, right on the edge, and your winsdhield wipers come on. Quick now, which way do you move the stalk to turn them off?

Ha ha, it's a trick question. You don't turn them off quickly, you do what I did. You fiddle with them for the remainder of the lap turning them on and off several times, trying to hold concentration but not doing a very good job of it, and then finally turn them off as you cruise through the pits as all your friends point and laugh.

laugh.gif laugh.gif i missed that ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
J P Stein
Let em run, make excuses later (I've got some gud ones)......or...
take off the blades. You'll hear the wiper motor grinding away
after you shut the engine off.....not that I've ever done that.
or....shitcan the whole wurks, the final solution. biggrin.gif
Spinning blows....I shitcanned the horns too.
CaliWRX
The course was a little tight for my tastes. My car was understeering a lot if I took too much speed into the corners. I hope next time there are more straights and long sweeping turns, that is where I shine! The last two turns were a thorn in my side, unless I downshifted to first my car had no power down low and I could barely get going but if I stepped on it in first I would be out of revs before I was halfway down that short straight and I would have to shift and then downshift again right away in the next turn. It didn't make for a smooth transition.

I wish I had a 914, seeing them manouver the course was awesome. They look like little go-karts and you can tell that each driver had a huge smile on his face the whole time. I am sure if you compared our times through the decreasing radius turns they killed me and I only made it up on the straights.

Just for reference my best time was 45.202.

Hopefully I will get my new KYB AGXs on this week with MattR's help, that should help with my understeer.

Thanks for letting me race!
Brando
my dad's going to be uploaded the pics and videos today. link in a bit.
Brando
Alright, here's a link to the pictures my dad took. Also catch a .MOV of a mini cooper burnout.

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif Wheee!
CaliWRX
Great pics! Tell your dad thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.