Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fiber Body parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
QUOTE (mack914 @ Jan 25 2005, 09:49 AM)

3. Getty doesn't make a full lid. (with no light cut-outs)

I'm out. IPB Image
retrotech
My Getty glass hood & rear trunk, street version weigh about 16# each. The stock hood was 32# & rear 30#.
nocones
Hmmm...
Depends on how soon the buy happens. I could be in for both.

Michael
Randal
someone push me over the edge....

DO IT!!!@!!@!

Today is the day to start on a weight reduction program.
neo914-6
QUOTE (mack914 @ Jan 25 2005, 09:49 AM)

3. Getty doesn't make a full lid. (with no light cut-outs)

I'm out.  

Me too IPB Image
mack914
I will talk to Neal at Getty tomorrow about placing orders. It will go down something like this-If you are interested-you put a call into Neal place your order, stating that you are part of the deal with the 914Club, then arrange for shipping or pickup. I will let you know in a post tomorrow about a phone # to get to Neal, with ?s and order instructions. If you have any addition ?s tonight please post and I will add to the conversation with him tomorrow.
seanery
Can you convince him to make a hood without headlight cut-outs. It looks like he lost 2 sales right off the bat. I know I'd be up for one, too, but I'm a broke-ass mofo right now.
neo914-6
Mark,
you may want to clarify if the frame is molded like the original. Some CF or fg is flat or has flat composite reinforcement. Racers want the least amount of material/weight and will pin them to the car not bolt to hinges. That's why pics of both sides of each lid would be helpful.
mack914
I'll see what i can do....
carr914
I may be in. Will he discount other items that he sells if I go in on the deal? I need some pieces for my Carrera RS.
T.C.
carr914
I talked to Neal today and he will also do other products in the catalog if the group buy happens. So I'm definately in. Come on guys, step up to the plate.
T.C.
Series9
IPB Image

I'll get a pair, but I must see some detailed pictures first.
bondo
QUOTE (carr914 @ Jan 26 2005, 12:58 PM)
I talked to Neal today and he will also do other products in the catalog if the group buy happens. So I'm definately in. Come on guys, step up to the plate.
T.C.

$200 off a getty dash?!?!?! I'm in for that!

Seriously though, what would the discount be on things that aren't near a kilobuck?
iiibdsiil
Pictures please.

Also, I need a little bit to move some funds around and make it work. I am sure there are some other people that need a little time too....
mack914
You will have plenty of time. Mark at Getty said that it may take 3 to 4 weeks to fill all the orders. (based on the interest we have) They can only reproduce 3 0r 4 hoods a week. They won't bill your credit card until the items are shipped, so you would have (maybe) an addition month to come up with the funds.
iiibdsiil
Bad ass. I want to send like half in cash/check/mo and do the rest of credit, I'm sure he won't have a problem with that?
bondo
Well I'm officially interested.. Can you get me a price of a 911 style 914 dash in CF after the discount?
mack914
Some of you said that you want pictures before you commit, just talked to Neal at Getty, here's what he will do; you go to the GettyDesign website, send him an e-mail, mention the Club, and he will send you pictures of the 914 lids.

He discribed to me that the lids are just like stock on the bottom, with the ribs, or skeleton structure as Neal called it. You will not notice a difference in the physical looks of the street Vs. the race lid, it will just weight less.

Neal said that to get things going we need five people to commit. So, I will start a new topic where you will only post if you want to order and please include your name. I will let this ride until Friday and than I will call him that afternoon with the names. (That was his idea)
IPB Image
mack914
One more thing, Some of you are interested in other CF parts. I would suggest that you call Neal and talk to him about your needs. Sounds like he's willing to give you a discount on what ever you are interested in, as long as we have 5 guys buying lids. Good Luck. Neal's # 1-951-686-4386 Riverside, Ca. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.