Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting fuel tank to AN hose - How To
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I successfully found adapters that will fit on our fuel tanks, just wanted to share. No need to drill tap the tank - these fittings go on the existing threads. You can go to -6 or -8 AN. They come with an internal o-ring but I added thread sealant just for extra protection.

http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetail...roductCode=3288
http://www.cbperformance.com/ProductDetail...roductCode=3289

I plugged one with a cap and the other with a 90 degree AN to hose barb fitting if you don't want to use AN hose.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
I bought a pair of these too. -8 & -6 (supply & return) I'm happy there is a nice solution to rubber hoses on the tank. smile.gif
JStroud
That's funny, I just installed mine today, now all my fuel lines are -6 AN shades.gif

Jeff
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Aug 21 2014, 09:19 PM) *

That's funny, I just installed mine today, now all my fuel lines are -6 AN shades.gif

Jeff

Jeff,

Do you have Chris' (Tangerine Racing) stainless steel lines? If so how did you transition to stainless?
JStroud
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 22 2014, 08:16 AM) *

Jeff

Jeff,

Do you have Chris' (Tangerine Racing) stainless steel lines? If so how did you transition to stainless?

I do have SS tunnel lines, I had McMark weld AN fitting on my SS lines.
I believe Chris sells SS lines with AN fittings on them.

Jeff
Kansas 914
QUOTE(JStroud @ Aug 22 2014, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 22 2014, 08:16 AM) *

Jeff

Jeff,

I do have SS tunnel lines, I had McMark weld AN fitting on my SS lines.
I believe Chris sells SS lines with AN fittings on them.

Jeff

Yes - Chris will sell weld AN fittings for $26 each - and shows them in the engine compartment ends. Did you get the AN fittings through the rubber stock grommet at the forward firewall or do something else?

Thanks - hope to see you at RRC.
VaccaRabite
I have seen clamp-on AN fittings too for those of us with earlier Tangerine SS fuel lines. I considered using them, but decided to just use hose clamps and keep a $20 problem from snowballing into a $100 problem in AN fittings, etc.

Zach
patssle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 22 2014, 09:23 AM) *

I have seen clamp-on AN fittings too for those of us with earlier Tangerine SS fuel lines. I considered using them, but decided to just use hose clamps and keep a $20 problem from snowballing into a $100 problem in AN fittings, etc.

Yeah AN fittings and hose can add up in cost. And after dealing with -12/-16 AN with my /6 conversion - I'm done with that crap. I stuck a stainless line (that I bought from Tangerine nearly 4 years ago) in the tunnel and bought the best rubber fuel hose (Gates Barricade) on the market. I'm running carbs and low fuel pressure anyways.
Mike Bellis
You can get AN tube adapters for $15 to fit 5/16, 3/8 & 1/2 hard line. I'm running them in my car. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.