Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: No Way this is a Real '70 914-6 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
Millerwelds
At some point in the future after this car changes hands some new owner is going to log on to this site and introduce themselves and their new real 6......

Having this history here is essential!

Great job guys beerchug.gif
eric9144
Sad really because when the unsuspecting buyer pics it up and it gets inspected by the DMV for registration it very well could end up being flagged for the obvious VIN discrepancies and rot in an impound yard, or never see the streets again...

Clearly a later chassis with all (most) of the /6 parts swapped onto it...
carr914
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Aug 27 2014, 07:19 PM) *

Sad really because when the unsuspecting buyer pics it up and it gets inspected by the DMV for registration it very well could end up being flagged for the obvious VIN discrepancies and rot in an impound yard, or never see the streets again...

Clearly a later chassis with all (most) of the /6 parts swapped onto it...

Or the Buyer could get it registered and a couple years later finds out he paid $50k for an abortion and it's too late to sue!
warpig
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 27 2014, 12:30 PM) *

I sent the seller a message early yesterday morning explaining that he/they should check out the providence of the car. I explained briefly why I thought the car was not a real 6. I received a terse response telling me to f off. I replied with a link to this thread. I’m not surprised he pulled it off eBay. It is possible the seller did not know the car wasn’t a real 6. Of course, that doesn’t explain why the car is for sale elsewhere as a real 6. I suspect they are limiting their exposure. Maybe they think if they sell it locally and the next owner doesn’t know it’s history, their problem is solved.

Here is the given reason for removing the ad from eBay.

I also sent an inquiry asking if he had a response to the "experts" consensus that it was not an original 6 with a link to this thread before going to bed this am. (working nights) When I checked the ad when I got up this afternoon it had been pulled. blink.gif
I didn't get a personal thank you for pointing out this potential discrepancy though, hissyfit.gif So I am feeling little left out. mad.gif
Mike Fitton
Yeah, I think I got taken on Ebay also, I will let you know when my COA arrives. Seller told me it was a real 914-6, it does have the badging on the back. Only thing that was correct on the listing was the body was down to bare metal and ready for paint.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
budk
QUOTE(warpig @ Aug 28 2014, 06:18 AM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 27 2014, 12:30 PM) *

I sent the seller a message early yesterday morning explaining that he/they should check out the providence of the car. I explained briefly why I thought the car was not a real 6. I received a terse response telling me to f off. I replied with a link to this thread. I’m not surprised he pulled it off eBay. It is possible the seller did not know the car wasn’t a real 6. Of course, that doesn’t explain why the car is for sale elsewhere as a real 6. I suspect they are limiting their exposure. Maybe they think if they sell it locally and the next owner doesn’t know it’s history, their problem is solved.

Here is the given reason for removing the ad from eBay.

I also sent an inquiry asking if he had a response to the "experts" consensus that it was not an original 6 with a link to this thread before going to bed this am. (working nights) When I checked the ad when I got up this afternoon it had been pulled. blink.gif
I didn't get a personal thank you for pointing out this potential discrepancy though, hissyfit.gif So I am feeling little left out. mad.gif

Don't feel left out, a few of us sent inquiries earlier this week, so it was likely the volume of inquiries that got this pulled. The credit goes to the knowledgable experts who identified all the oddities. pray.gif
Millerwelds
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 28 2014, 07:45 AM) *

Yeah, I think I got taken on Ebay also, I will let you know when my COA arrives. Seller told me it was a real 914-6, it does have the badging on the back. Only thing that was correct on the listing was the body was down to bare metal and ready for paint.

So are the wheels AND TIRES! biggrin.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 28 2014, 09:45 AM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I wouldn't worry about it Mike. Looks legit.
Cairo94507
Hey, send that to Scotty and it will look brand new again! Seriously, I love that; how big is it? Where did you get it?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 29 2014, 05:04 AM) *

Hey, send that to Scotty and it will look brand new again! Seriously, I love that; how big is it? Where did you get it?

Got it on Ebay! It is 17" x 7" and really just a one off piece, I have not seen anything like it before. Artist signed the piece "Joel Marketello" never heard of him but he put a lot of work into this, its awesome!
veekry9
Click to view attachment
These are all very interesting questions of ethical and moral character of a used car salesman.
To get a true insight into the legal ramifications of said #swapping,look up the legal arguments in the case of the 250GTO guy in France/Switzerland.
He loved those cars and would buy a 330 or two and rebody the cars and sell them as replicas.The rebodies were executed by former panelbeaters of the anointed original maker and were,for a better word, "perfect'.The market for the cars was significant as you may know,and for good reason.Those were expensive cars and were,by no means shoddy or second rate.You could however take it for a spin on public roads without the risk of a 'significant' loss.
A team of lawyers descended on the guy and were about to send him to eternity but for a timely intervention.
Google to discover who intervened,like a whodunit,and why.
Cairo94507
Thanks Mike- It is a nice piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.