Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dizzy installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Took out dizzy to clean up Trigger points.
Didnt mark anything. Got TDC with the white mark on the impeller. Put dizzy back in, car wont start. WTF??
Can anybody walk me through a dizzy installation? I think I am overlooking something that is quite obvious, but I cannot seem to understand it.
ChrisReale
Anyone?? hanged.gif
seanery
what motor?
I've got my Haynes manual out and ready.
ChrisReale
I have a Haynes manual also, and it has not helped one bit. Its a 2.0L

I have the white TDC mark in the groove on the impeller. Shouldnt the rotor point to the mark on the dizzy while the motor is at TDC??
seanery
I would double check that you are setting it up with Cycl 1 on tdc of the firing stroke. And double check your cap and wires.

I'm lost after that.
my15window
rotor needs to point to notch in dist rim, thats #1 plug wire run your finger over the lip where the cap sits and you'll feel the notch..
Gint
Could be you're 180 out. If so, you're on the exhaust stoke. The dizzy only goes in one way on a 2.0/4 If I'm not mistaken, the motor turns 2 full revolutions for one revolution of the dizzy. Pull the dizzy again, rotate you engine over JUST ONCE and bring it back to the TDC mark, and install your dizzy with the rotor pointing at its TDC mark. Try that.
Bleyseng
Did you put the rotor back in??? Don't ask me how I know about that one....

Geoff
ChrisReale
Yea, it was not seated fully. wacko.gif
Got it to idle, but it is not spitting gas on cylinders 1 and 4. I have spark....trigger points I think
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.